Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    You know you aren't helping any. All you are doing is generating clicks for them also.....
    That why I said we are all silly... I never claimed to be clairvoyant...
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-08-05 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Egoist View Post
    http://now.msn.com/nbc-accused-of-ra...?ocid=xnetr1-4

[video=youtube;OFBHjgpIq7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFBHjgpIq7I&feature=player_embe

Looks like liberal racism paranoia finally made some people snap!
    Gonna have to agree with you OP. I see nothing wrong here what so fucking ever.

What I'm trying to figure out....WHO IS CLAIMING RACISM??? I googled all over the internet....read all the posts...even went to the [Source] link on the page and came here:
    http://olympics.yardbarker.com/blog/...segue/11365651
    Not one post of anyone saying this is racist??? SO WHO IS CALLING THIS RACIST??? I'm black and I don't see anything wrong with this. Honestly I think it's just the news stirring it up like a previous guy said before because I can't see any proof of anyone calling it racist. Should just be focusing on her accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Nope, it's because people who think other people are sensitive, clicking on links to see how sensitive they are. This story does not exist because people are sensitive, but because they will click a link claiming racism and those clicks generate revenue. Look at this thread and the one for the article, it's people clicking to confirm how sensitive everyone else is, that's generating the hits for their site.[COLOR="red"]
    ---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 02:47 PM ----------

Yeah!! I agree with this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm not mistaken, NBC themselves are the ones who blew this out of proportion. They're the ones who perceived this as racist, something no logical person would have done.

I don't see how anyone bridges the thought that a commercial about a male monkey is racist towards a female African American.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    I may be wrong, but aren't commercials chosen for slots possibly days before the slots in question? So, it could have just been a (terrible) Coincidence. Just a possibility.

Note, I'm not arguing for either 'side' on this 'issue', just thinking 'aloud'.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

Wow. How stupid

Deleted
    Not racist, but the race also isn't relevant. They don't even need to mention African-American.

now you know how i feel, a european-american, when i'm assaulted by a cracker commercial after a tv show with other european-americans in it

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by m00t View Post
    Not racist, but the race also isn't relevant. They don't even need to mention African-American.
    in a sport dominated by little white girls, yeah, it's relevant in this case

just like when brent barry jumped from the FT line in a dunk contest, first white guy to do that, his race was relevant

LOL. If this seriously is happening then I just got to laugh. What is sad is things like this is the reasons why when REAL racism happens a lot of people just shrug it off. Simply thrown around over way to much way to often. Can only cry wolf so many times before the public in general will lose interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Where was the racist part?
    Apparently, it was thought that the commercial of the monkey was directly related to the newscasters comment about how African Americans are beginning to have an interest in gymnastics, and apparently, the monkey was NBC's way of saying that African Americans are less evolved. This is all assumption based on some group that I didn't quite catch the name of.

Quote Originally Posted by 55Egoist View Post
    That's because there isn't one. Yet NBC was accused, why?
    Porch monkey/ape is a racial slur referring to black people btw.

They aired a commercial with a chimp doing gymnastic stuff, ergo, it seems racist. Probably just really bad timing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread again...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Nope, it's because people who think other people are sensitive, clicking on links to see how sensitive they are. This story does not exist because people are sensitive, but because they will click a link claiming racism and those clicks generate revenue. Look at this thread and the one for the article, it's people clicking to confirm how sensitive everyone else is, that's generating the hits for their site.
    Heh, I approve of this post. That is totally what they're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are too sensitive.... Grow the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    I've missed the racist part, sorry.
    It's because liberal white suburban Americans are brought up to believe that they have to act, actively "non racist" by constantly accusing everybody else of racism, otherwise people might think they too are racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    ...white suburban Americans...
    The most racist thing it this thread.

"Suburban" implies that they are lesser than "urban", which everyone knows is just a euphemism for black.

Stop being racist against white people.
    Last edited by Dispersedshadow; 2012-08-05 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone can find that racist...either our society is soooo sensitive now adays or the "offended" person is just looking to start something.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

This country sucks.

Can we all agree everyone is racist and nobody gives a crap.

Then we can just delete the word from the language, as 99% of the people that use it have no idea what it means anyways.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?