Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yulinora View Post
    agreed, it'll change very little if at all, players who were doing it specifically for the old cloth/mats loot everything as is, maybe they miss a cloth or 2 here and there, but not enough that prices are going to plummet.

Some players (Like bals mentioned above) will now loot things in old content, and may sell them on the AH, that may cause a small drop, but nothing outside of the ordinary that occurs now, and would probably be temporary (think like this situation, which occurs now: a few players notice old mats are selling for 100g a stack, these players farm said mats, stockpiling them, suddenly, there's a massive quantity of this said mat on the AH for <1g a stack, after things settle for a week or two, prices climb again because these players aren't farming that mat again. I think the comparison would be similar.)

And the third type, who will now use AoE looting, but likely just vendor it all out of habit/laziness, having no effect.

All in all, I think it'll have little effect on the AH prices, unless some rumors are spread causing a HUGE amount of players to farm a specific mat (an example of this on my own server was a period of time where players were selling Dust of Disappearance from the vendor for almost twice its worth, since there were apparently people who thought it was inscription only, after figuring this little niche market out, people butchered it, to the point that it was (and some days still is) cheaper to buy it off the AH than the vendor.) Point being, unless some unique "niche market" opens to old cloth/enchanting mats and goes viral (at least on a server level), nothing is going to tank due to AoE looting.
    i'd like to add that I run old content primarily for mounts, so when i get the mount i'll no longer be in the dungeon so it is possibly that only a minimal effect is noticed on the ah

Yeah I don't think so somehow.

It might result in people farming the trash in dungeons for gold though. Pull whole dungeon, AOE, loot all gold at once!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Especially frostweave will drop like a rock!
    Wow, you mean you can sell frostweave on your server? I've started vendoring that crap.

I don't really see anyone going back to farm (that isn't already farming) just because looting is quicker.
    The people that already farm BC/WotLK content for cloth will continue to do so, but people that don't make their money that way aren't going to suddenly start flocking to it.

At least not enough to shift the market's costs a significant amount.

You also have to consider that with the majority of players making monks, at least a small portion of them will go enchant/tailoring, and increase the demand for lower level cloth types.

Meh. K. Let it. Enchants, gems, cloth etc., are so overpriced already. Would love to see be worth less.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You are basing your theory on the fact that people will AH their cloth instead of just vendoring or using. You are also assuming people will take the greens, disenchant them and sell them on the AH (or use) instead of just vendoring. Some greens will yield you more gold than what their enchanting mats would be anyway.

If anything some people might earn a few more gold than they normally would.
    And as far as greens go, don't forget the obscene prices on the AH for 'transmog' gear :-) I'm making a killing from this, and am totally looking forward to AoE looting.

As well, AoE looting will help me a ton because I like to run my two accounts through low-level instances, one towing the other. Gathering the enchanting/cloth mats from that will certainly help in leveling their respective professions as I PL them through instances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, all I have to say is....I hope it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Especially frostweave will drop like a rock!
    Good - tailoring requires too large a quantity of it to level anyway.

Also keep in mind that the gold and silver drops were slashed when soloing instances and raid. This represents a large income drop for many dungeon runners (especially bots), and aoe looting of cloth may not be enough to make up for the loss in raw silver pieces.

We're also going to run into the same issue with instance lockouts. I can already loot instances by hand fast enough to get locked out, and faster looting isn't going to increase the number of instances we run. It's will certainly make the process more convenient, but the net gain on total loot may be minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by flak View Post
    Good - tailoring requires too large a quantity of it to level anyway.
    I know what you mean, farming 8 odd stacks gets you something pathetic like 2-3 levels.

I'm confused..I loot everything indivudually and now can loot all at once..end result is corpses with no loot. Not like suddenly you have the entire server going to go farm cloth and enchatning mats now that AOE looting will be available.

Supply will definitely go up but so will demand. The demand will drop with the next patch and that is when prices will fall. It is not at all difficult to get rid of your own supply before that next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will have a minor influence but not hugeley I run old instances and just loot everything anyway, but I tend to vendor my cloth unless its frost or ember.

Deleted
    AoE will deflate cloth. About time.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn AoE farming DireMaul for Librams for the Insanse achievement would have been alot easier back then...

Oh this again. AoE loot doesn't add loot, the same amount of cloth and greens will drop as always have dropped.

inflation goes up in expansion always so no it wont drop below current prices, maybe during everyone rushing monk alts but that it
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilozilla View Post
    When Aoe looting is available people will be able to solo old content and easily loot huge piles of cloth and greens. The Ah will be flooded with cloth and enchanting mats. I was wondering if Aoe looting is available on the Ptr or will it be only available until Mop launch.
    Nah, AoE looting is just a mere convenience. Instead of taking an additional 5 minutes to loot you just insta loot all. It will make life easier, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    This pretty much...aslong the 5runs/hour stays active it won't change a damn thing.
    You couldnt be more wrong dude.
    When i am doing my Baron Rivendare runs i dont loot anything since i hate it. with AOE looting i may take the inconvenience of those 5 klicks and loot that shit. once looted it will be sold as i have no use for it myself.

The only cloth markets this is gonna hit are the ones that are already overinflated (Embersilk/Frostweave) since there are good places to AOE farm them outside instances. The potential Embersilk drop along with everyone getting the grand idea that pandas need bags will probably result in the Embersilk Bag market bottoming out for a month or so after 5.0 and going back to normal a month into MoP.

When 5.0 hits I expect to see a lot of tailors with treasure-finding pots camping the troggs for hours. I know for sure I'm going to be there on my demo lock, hellfiring away with all the new toys we're getting with the revamp.

I really don't think it will cause cloth markets to change although I hope it kills the crap out of frostweave after farming it all for my last tailor.

I expect there to be more issues for people trying to skin large packs of animals at once, they aoe loot them and out of nowhere another player starts stealing some of their leather as they start skinning.