A rpg for xbox 360 with decent hot-keying

Its gonna be some time till i get a pc that can actually play games and was thinking of buying a rpg for the xbox 360 but it seems like all the good ones have terrible hot-keying. I was pretty excited about Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning because it was so huge, had a nice gear system and cool class creation. Then, i find out you only get 4 hot keys....wtf? I don't want to be pausing the game constantly. I like the way hot keys work on skyrim even less. I'm wondering if there is any good rpg games that have a good hot-keying system. Something like having the direction pad but also being able to use RB/LB to switch between 2-3 different hot key sheets. Is there any rpg games out there that have more advanced hot-keying for the xbox 360 that will give me at least 8 hot keys? I'm also looking for it to be a fantasy rpg like your normal wizard, warrior, rogue, archer classes. If one exists xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm, why the hell would you need more than 4 in KoA? Dude, you have serious issues for games that don't need them >.>

You want an RPG with an absolutely absurd amount of hotkeys? Get FFXI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Moving this to video game forums

Deleted
    Seems like you need to find a different type of RPG. May I suggest Dark Souls?

I'm pretty sure Tales of Vesperia has the ability for many different hot keys, or shortcuts, or whatever you want to call them. Tales of Vesperia's main character, uses a sword, and has a very fluid attack and combo animations.

Rita is the spunky mage girl, Estelle is the cleric/combat healer. Raven is the archer type, Karol is the slow, heavy 2 hand weapon user, Repede is a dog that deals quick combos with his dagger, and Judith can deal complex combos with her spear.

There is also a skill system you can use to further customize your character, and these skills range from improving your combat abilities, to helping you become an invincible God, basically. I'll link a video showcasing Yuri, the main character, since most people think he's the most broken Tales character ever made.

Note: He's using a skill to set his damage to one.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Erm, why the hell would you need more than 4 in KoA? Dude, you have serious issues for games that don't need them >.>

You want an RPG with an absolutely absurd amount of hotkeys? Get FFXI.
    Just from the finesse talents alone i can count several abilites...and thats being a pure, I dont even want to think about playing a hybrid with only 4 hotkeys. and 8 hotkeys is absolutely absurd? However, i only plan to play a pure finesse class so if there's a way to make it worth id be happy for it to work id gladly have you prove me wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 04:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Moving this to video game forums
    thanks 10char
    Last edited by chromelol; 2012-08-06 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    I'm pretty sure Tales of Vesperia has the ability for many different hot keys, or shortcuts, or whatever you want to call them. Tales of Vesperia's main character, uses a sword, and has a very fluid attack and combo animations.

Rita is the spunky mage girl, Estelle is the cleric/combat healer. Raven is the archer type, Karol is the slow, heavy 2 hand weapon user, Repede is a dog that deals quick combos with his dagger, and Judith can deal complex combos with her spear.

There is also a skill system you can use to further customize your character, and these skills range from improving your combat abilities, to helping you become an invincible God, basically. I'll link a video showcasing Yuri, the main character, since most people think he's the most broken Tales character ever made.

Problem with Tales of Vesperia can be finding a copy =P

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Problem with Tales of Vesperia can be finding a copy =P
    Amazon has it for $30 with free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    Seems like you need to find a different type of RPG. May I suggest Dark Souls?
    The game looks really good except for the combat system which seems very boring. From the few videos ive watched it appears you only have a basic melee attack, block and roll. The other combat roles look very basic aswell.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 04:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post

Not into these types of rpgs but thanks for the suggestion

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 04:57 AM ----------

Looking into the dragon age games and sacred 2:fallen angel atm

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 05:22 AM ----------

ehh the doa games are a tad too small for me. Does anyone here have KoA for the xbox 360? Ive just read that you can hot key a b y x 3 times depending on how long you hold it down? Can anyone confirm or explain how it actually works to me?
    Last edited by chromelol; 2012-08-06 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chromelol View Post
    The game looks really good except for the combat system which seems very boring. From the few videos ive watched it appears you only have a basic melee attack, block and roll. The other combat roles look very basic aswell. [COLOR="red"]
    While combat may look very basic it has one thing most other RPG's do not, weight. Each weapon, spell and ability is different in how it feels and reacts. Short sword for tight spaces good, 2h claymore? Not so much. I've yet to play Dark Souls (waiting on PC version) but demons souls was so good I bought the CE of Dark Souls for my xbox to support the dev and get all the goodies.