10+ Year Old Account

Will this run GW2?

I've been quite busy lately, so much so that I had a good friend of mine build me a PC that I would love to run Guild Wars 2 on. Here are the specs, please let me know if it will in fact run GW2, and how well it will do so. I know very little about computers, and some feedback would be great!

1 x Case (NZXT Source 210 Gaming Case - White))
    1 x Processor (Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i5-3570K))
    1 x iBUYPOWER PowerDrive (None))
    1 x Processor Cooling (Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155] - Standard 120mm Fan))
    1 x Memory (8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - G.Skill Ripjaws X))
    1 x Video Card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 900MHz - Single Card))
    1 x Video Card Brand (Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA))
    1 x Motherboard (ASUS P8Z77-V LX))
    1 x Intel Smart Response Technology (None))
    1 x Power Supply (650 Watt - Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2 - Free Upgrade to 750 Watt Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 ($20 Savings)))
    1 x Primary Hard Drive (1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive))
    1 x Data Hard Drive (None))
    1 x Optical Drive ([12X Blu-Ray] LG BLU-RAY Reader, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive - Black))
    1 x Sound Card (3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard))
    1 x Network Card (Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)))
    1 x Operating System (Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit))

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get a gtx 670 / 690 if you can afford it so you don't have to think about upgrading in a year or two.

I played GW2 beta with i5-2500K and GTX560ti with all settings maxed and the framerate was between 35 (cities) and 60 (outdoors) with vsync on.

Rumors say that there will be ultra settings over the "high" ones used in beta, but who knows... Anyway it will be totally playable on the computer you're looking at. I just would not pay extra for the BluRay drive unless you're 100% sure you want one to watch/rip movies on PC, rather spend the money on better graphics card and pick regular DVD drive. BluRay will never be needed to install games for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    Get a gtx 670 / 690 if you can afford it so you don't have to think about upgrading in a year or two.
    Extra $200-400 is pretty big step up for something that has smallish benefit for MMOs.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright thanks much you guys, I'll go pre-order it now.
    I appreciate your help! The MMO-Champion community has once again proven to be one of the most helpful ones on the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    No games slated for 2-3 years going to break a sweat on a 560 ti, and you surely will run into more problem w/ a dual chip card than a single chip card.