Another unwarranted farming nerf?

OK anyone that farms Act 1 probably knows about the tower that sometimes can appear in Northern Highlands. Well today I have run through the tower three times and not gotten a single elite pack at all. I remember getting 5-8 in this place. Now 2 is the most I have gotten in the last week and a lot of times it has either been 1 or none. Im sure Vault of the Assassins is next on the chopping block. I just dont get why Blizzard is doing this. First of all the tower wasnt a 100% chance to be there. Secondly having more elites actually made it tougher because a few times I got feared or kited myself into another pack and ended up dieing. Then if it was two really hard affix packs stacked on each other like they combined to have jailer, molten, arcane, frozen it became impossible to kill them so it wasnt really faceroll. At first I just thought maybe it was bad luck when I only got 2 elites per run through the tower. But getting NONE at all three times today smells like a nerf. Seriously when will this end?

It is completely random, the watch tower can have from 0-7 (most i've seen anyway) elites, depending on the layout and spawns. Sometimes there is a quest there as well, as I'm sure you know.

I just did an act I last night and had six elite spawns in there, so you just had a run of bad luck.

OK i was worried. I knew its random in there but no run today has netted me more than 2 rares and like I said after 3 didnt even have a single one I just assumed nerf seeing how thats the word of the day...every day for Blizzard.

Deleted
    I've had the empty tower multiple times, it's definitely not a new map. I'd say I usually get an empty one maybe as much as 20% but I may have been unlucky. Take some stats over 100 runs though, there's no need to panic about nerfs after a bit of bad luck.