Deleted

Enhancement Shaman Dps help on Spine of Deathwing Heroic

Hello Everyone,

I'm having some issues with my dps on the spine of deathwing heroic, specially on the burning tendons.

My dps in some trys that we perform can be account 3.5 million when we reach the 3rd tendon, i'm trying to figure out a way to increase my burst damage and to get my dps higher.

The Name of my character is Lopesshaman and i'm in Aggra-Português. (I'm Still not able to post links i'm afraid).

I Just want some kind of advise in improving my dps on the tendons, i know that we are almost in MOP, but we still raid 8/8 every week for mounts and so on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is the armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/pt/characte...haman/advanced

Do you happen to have some logs/wol that we can see so we know exactly what you are doing? Asides, your gear is fine, you have the correct On Use trinket also. Tell me, are you guys killing tendons first time on each platform or still taking 2 pops? And, what is the raid comp? Are you using Agi pots?

I am usually a tank on this fight but have been Arms or Catform a few times on tendons and I noticed sometimes I could be 'out of range' even tho I am clearly not.. positioning can be a key factor on this fight if you are a tunnel vision-er and don't notice..

10+ Year Old Account
    10man or 25man? When do you heroism?

Deleted
    We do heroism on the last tendon, also i only use the pots on the second or the 3rd tendon, the raid is 25 man, i'm going to have a look for logs related to yesterday, but still i'm going to have some trouble in posting them...

Here is the guild world of logs link, worldoflogs.com/guilds/182190/ i'm not 100% that this is the one, since at this moment i'm not able to access the website.
    Last edited by mmoc330ae14f91; 2012-08-07 at 11:25 AM.

HM Spine has always been a pain since our big hitter (Lava Lash) can be hindered if your Searing Totem is off trying to shoot the Skyfire. Here is what I do during our kill:
    -When Amalg is blowing up (after killing it with 9 stacks), I'm dropping my totems right in front of where the Tendon is appearing.
    -As soon as the Tendon appears, I'm targeting with a /target macro and hitting SS.
    -9 times out of 10, my Searing Totem is latched right to it from the start.

I use my wolves on the first burn of each tendon (so burns 1, 3 and 5), pop it just as you're finishing off the Amalg (they'll still be up for the majority of the burn). My guild uses pots/heroism on the 5th burn. Pop your VP trinket just as your running in after the Amalg explodes (this will assist to make sure you've got it up for each and every burn phase). Also, save a 5x Maelstrom stack if you get it while killing the Amalg, every little bit helps.

Deleted
    Going to try your advise when i raid spine again, i will post an update after the raid here, thank you for all the tips and replys.

In addition to what Dayden said, you only have time for 2 LLs, so use them wisely. Normal priority would have you using LL straight away after the initial SS, however this LL will have 0 SF stacks. If you start with SS > UE > LB > (possibly FS, depends on timing) then LL, your first LL will have ~3 SF stacks, and your second will have 5 and will come off cooldown a few seconds before the cast finishes.

This is all of course assuming searing totem starts shooting at the tendon within a few seconds, which it does most of the time. In addition to laying it in the right place, ensuring no other mobs have a SS or FS debuff makes it more likely to go on the tendon. Sometimes it still has a mind of it's own, though, even after being re-dropped, so if it's being stupid don't bother replacing it unless you have a spare GCD.
    Last edited by EpicentrE; 2012-08-07 at 10:58 PM.