Bounty Hunter - Trooper

As the title says, I'd like to know if there is a difference between bounty hunters and troopers, concerning their efficiency as dpsers, because of the fact that they use different weapons? Is one of them better than the other? and if yes, who?
    I ask cause i'd like to roll one of them

Clarification: I'm asking about mercenaries and commandos and especially, arsenal/gunnery spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxthos View Post
    As the title says, I'd like to know if there is a difference between bounty hunters and troopers, concerning their efficiency as dpsers, because of the fact that they use different weapons? Is one of them better than the other? and if yes, who?
    I ask cause i'd like to roll one of them

Clarification: I'm asking about mercenaries and commandos and especially, arsenal/gunnery spec.
    They're the same. The assault cannon has higher damage than a blaster pistol, but since every attack that is based on weapon damage for the BH uses both blasters, the damage evens out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The faction classes are supposed to mirror one another in every way. The only differences will be animations and ability names. Up until recently, the BH had an advantage with their animations, but that has been resolved as far as I know. So really Commando = Mercenary. Your choice just depends on what faction you want and/or what sort of aesthetic look you prefer.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. There were problems in the past with Death from Above and some other things, but really it's pretty even steven. I vote BH, b/c I have 2 of them

10+ Year Old Account
    My vote is obviously biased because I love Mercenary way too much... but I think Commandos look pretty damn awesome. If you're going for the "cool" factor, Commandos are better off. If you want to be awesome, roll Merc

15+ Year Old Account
    Roll one of each, gotta see both storylines!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
    Roll one of each, gotta see both storylines!
    Commando storyline is the weakest of the two I think (and might be the weakest in the game). But the armor is probably the sweetest of any class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davispunx View Post
    Commando storyline is the weakest of the two I think (and might be the weakest in the game). But the armor is probably the sweetest of any class.
    I just shelved my Powertech BH after Chapter 2. I found the story to be pretty boring and had to really force myself to power through Chapter 2. Although, admittedly, the story could get interesting in Chapter 3 based on the end of Chapter 2. Trooper seems more interesting to me, but I only got a couple of worlds in on Chapter 1.