Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Player Housing & Mounts

I HAVE NO DETAILS ABOUT THIS SUBJECT

I just wanted to discuss it.

Mounts(GROUND MOUNTS ONLY) - IMO they're not needed at all but if ANet wants to stick by the "aesthetic/cosmetic" aspect of GW2 I'm sure we will see them before the year is out. Mounts also should not have a speed bonus, just be purely cosmetic.

-What kind of mounts are you looking forward to seeing?
    -Do you think we should be able to use them in caves/dungeons?
    -Do you think we will be able to customize them?

Player Housing - I haven't really read or seen anything about this other than random discussion. Is it definitely going to happen? If it does...

-Do you think they should have "home upgrades" that are earned in the world or only bought via gems?
    -Do you think crafting patterns should be implemented to upgrade your home?
    -I think they should make the HOM in our homes, as a type of "trophy room", thoughts?
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-08 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Mounts
    Don't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Player Housing
    Player and Guild housing is confirmed to be added after launch.

Deleted
    What ArenaNet has said about mounts is that they won't be in the game at launch. And flying mounts will never be in GW2.

I have no problems with mounts as long these give you max 10-20% speed boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    What ArenaNet has said about mounts is that they won't be in the game at launch. And flying mounts will never be in GW2.
    Actually what they said was that flying mounts wount ever happen, and ground mounts will happen if they see that its needed, not that it will happen ^_^ i have played in all the bwe´s now and the stress tests, and i have never felt like i needed a mount ever.

Mounts.....we'll see. They did say not at launch...which is kinda telling. There will never be flying mounts though...would totally ruin the game's design.

Guild houses are confirmed........and seriously if they're on the scale of GW1 they're going to be amazing. Don't be surprised with everything from full on castles to wizard towers and all manner of architectural themes.

Deleted
    I only really like player created housing/content if it lets you go totally sandbox and design almost every aspect yourself with tons of variety and personalisation. It's asking a lot I know but it's how I like it.

I'd like them to improve on their "mounts as environmental weapons" system you can see with their Siege Golems in WvW.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

I wouldn't mind mounts, even if they're purely aesthetic, because sometimes I just enjoy trotting around on a horsie. Plus it's something else to work towards.

Dont really see the point of cosmetic mounts. Thought the whole purpose of mounts is to travel faster, unique skins are usually just masked gold sinks. Would kinda be pointless to add mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not well-versed in the lore of Guild Wars, but it was my understanding that the people of Tyria don't actually use mounts.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Unlikely to see mounts. But hopefully, there will be some sort of significant run speed boosts which are always-on/activated OOC. No, the current OOC boost is not noteworthy.

Running everywhere at such a slow pace is a real drag, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see mounts in game, but only as an aesthetic eye-pleaser/RP-item.

And I believe there will be player housing.

I wonder if they'll end up doing Guild housing later, because that would ROCK!

I would like purely cosmetic mounts. One more thing to collect and show off. I don't think they should provide a major run speed boost. Maybe 30% tops, but I really haven't ever felt like I wanted/needed to move faster, except in WvWvW.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want a pony. I don't care if he cant run fast. I want a pretty pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Dont really see the point of cosmetic mounts. Thought the whole purpose of mounts is to travel faster, unique skins are usually just masked gold sinks. Would kinda be pointless to add mounts.
    Well, I didn't mean the mounts were purely for cosmetic purposes. OFC they would increase run speed. But I mean Anet seems to be all about the cosmetics and their store, so I would only assume mounts would be a real possibility.

I should have worded it better in my OP.

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I want a pony. I don't care if he cant run fast. I want a pretty pony.
    I want one just like Robert Downey Jr rode in the second Sherlock Holmes movie. Anyone that's seen it will know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Running everywhere at such a slow pace is a real drag, imo.
    Gateways disagree \o|

Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Gateways disagree \o|
    If you could gate to any point on the map, you'd have a point.

Anyone who did the thaumanova reactor naked run of shame knows just how inefficient gate locations are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    If you could gate to any point on the map, you'd have a point.

Anyone who did the thaumanova reactor naked run of shame knows just how inefficient gate locations are.
    You can, you just have to find them ONCE, is that really so bad i for sure dont want a game where we could portal everywhere and didnt have to move around in the world at all.

Player Housing could be fun with an Animal Crossing style. Maybe have your house and personal story area connected in a neighborhood with your friends, and be able to purchase/find decor?