Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    While the waypoints are really convenient, sometimes you just wanna get asap to a specific place and the waypoints just aren't enough. I can live without it, but in some specific circumstances I would love to have a mount.
    this is the point I was trying to make but got overlooked. The example I used was the fire elemental in the thaumanova reactor.

You want to get back there FAST. The closest waypoint is a minute away with guardian staff speed boost on CD. There's no need to explore anything or stop and smell the roses, you want to get back to the action and the only thing stopping you is distance. ANYTHING to help get you there quicker would be a good thing.

I don't want to miss the fun because it took too long to travel to the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    this is the point I was trying to make but got overlooked. The example I used was the fire elemental in the thaumanova reactor.

You want to get back there FAST. The closest waypoint is a minute away with guardian staff speed boost on CD. There's no need to explore anything or stop and smell the roses, you want to get back to the action and the only thing stopping you is distance. ANYTHING to help get you there quicker would be a good thing.

I don't want to miss the fun because it took too long to travel to the destination.
    You shouldn't die then

Why stop at a mount, why not ask to summon to any point u click on the map?

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    You shouldn't die then
    I don't disagree there, but try telling that to the fire elemental. :P

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    You shouldn't die then
    Apparently you didn't get to "enjoy" that event. It was really hectic.

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaholic View Post
    Umm..You honestly think that's what people want or where this was heading?

I think the majority of players would choose a mount over the ability to summon yourself to any square foot of the map.

Riding around the world on your mount is enjoyable.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-07 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    Mounts really cannot have a speed increase at all.

This would ruin DEs for anyone withouth the speed increase, and it would make WvWvW unplayable as at present the travel time is the only thing stopping an endless zerg, and giving weaker worlds a chance as they get to retreat towards their way points and extend the recovery time of the attackers.

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Mounts really cannot have a speed increase at all.

This would ruin DEs for anyone withouth the speed increase, and it would make WvWvW unplayable as at present the travel time is the only thing stopping an endless zerg, and giving weaker worlds a chance as they get to retreat towards their way points and extend the recovery time of the attackers.
    DE's? I'm sure it's something I know, I just can't think of what DE stands for atm.

And simply making mounts not useable in WvWvW would solve the other thing you mentioned.

Also a simple fix to everything you said would be making mounts no faster than run speed. Kinda like the turtle mount you get from fishing in WoW. lol loved that thing.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-07 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    DE's? I'm sure it's something I know, I just can't think of what DE stands for atm.

And simply making mounts not useable in WvWvW would solve the other thing you mentioned.
    Dynamic event.

And yes, making them not usable in WvWvW would sort that one, or making them purely cosmetic or city only woudl also work.

What they did in Rift IA is make it so all players get a buff so that they move at the speed of the fastest person, to stop High level players on faster mounts leaving all the lower level ones far behind and ruining the experience.
    Pacing is very important, and is a factor of travel time, for DEs.

Travel speed is not needed as there are many way points. I dont see the need for mounts for any reason, but if they were put in they woudl need to be 100% cosmetic with no speed increase.

So u want mounts that don't move u faster and are strictly cosmetic? Or u want to move around the map faster and "get to where u want to be". I want an instant lvl 80 in pve, leveling is inconvenient...

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Oh god, the spawn rate. /camp
    Ancient Cyclops spawn rate was gods gift if you consider the original jboots location.

Are people not reading the op clearly enough? He's asking for mounts for purely looks only.

I do agree that having mounts would be a good time filler for people that actually like to go out and explore and find these things.
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2012-08-07 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Dynamic event.

And yes, making them not usable in WvWvW would sort that one, or making them purely cosmetic or city only woudl also work.

What they did in Rift IA is make it so all players get a buff so that they move at the speed of the fastest person, to stop High level players on faster mounts leaving all the lower level ones far behind and ruining the experience.
    Pacing is very important, and is a factor of travel time, for DEs.

Travel speed is not needed as there are many way points. I dont see the need for mounts for any reason, but if they were put in they woudl need to be 100% cosmetic with no speed increase.
    lol Dynamic Events..what a brain fart that was.

Anyway, yes, making mounts move at only player speeds would be what I expect. It's just something minor that doesn't NEED to be in the game, but at the same time wouldn't hurt anything.

But I disagree making them "City Only". That could be a Cluster F**k. Yeah the cities are huge, but people tend to migrate and hover in a couple key areas of most cities in most MMO's.

So u want mounts that don't move u faster and are strictly cosmetic? Or u want to move around the map faster and "get to where u want to be". I want an instant lvl 80 in pve, leveling is inconvenient...
    I don't need to move around the map faster. We have waypoints obviously so, yes, mounts that are strictly for cosmetic purposes would be ideal imo.

They don't need move any faster than you would with your speed buff and they're ground only. Purely for the enthusiast's that likes mounts.

And wth? Leveling and experiencing the world, getting new gear, discovering secrets, that's what this game is all about man.

Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    Are people not reading the op clearly enough? He's asking for mounts for purely looks only.
    ^^^
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-07 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I did found I didn't move quite fast enough in PvE and WvWvW at times. I know in WvWvW it's because no-one upgraded the keeps, but still...
    One of the reasons they dont want mounts in WvW is that their needs to be a penalty for dieing. They dont want you to constantly respawn in keeps that have waypoints that are under attack either.

Increase OoC runspeed by an additional 5-10%, only in the main map. Keep it toned back for dungeons, sPvP, jumping puzzles, and wvw.

Have a cosmetic "here's a pony" tonic that puts your character on a useless mount.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I have two "wants" here.

1: I want mounts.

2: I want out of combat movement speed to be faster.

There's a fix here that addresses both at once, but it's not the only option. They could add purely cosmetic mounts, and separately they could boost OOC movement, and I'd be happy.

Really I'd like the OOC speed boost more than a mount though.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Minecraft housing system. That would be the most ultimate minigame ever.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    I have two "wants" here.

1: I want mounts.

2: I want out of combat movement speed to be faster.

There's a fix here that addresses both at once, but it's not the only option. They could add purely cosmetic mounts, and separately they could boost OOC movement, and I'd be happy.

Really I'd like the OOC speed boost more than a mount though.
    They cant buff OOC movement speed, that would mess up every jumping puzzle in the game.

And faster mounts would wreck timing and pacing of DEs and make it a miserable experience for people without the mount speed increase.

In Guild Wars: Utopia, Arenanet had plans to add mounts, it's in the wiki.

I like the idea of people choosing one mount for life (or three max) and customize it as you wish.
    For example: When you choose your mount, let's say the Charr can ride Dolyaks, Lizards and something (or you can be rewarded with a mount of your choice in your personal history by the leader of your race, just thinking big lol), you choose its color, name, (sex? lol, maybe some sliders to customize it like a character, like size of teeth, if it have horns or not, etc). Now that you have your unique mount skin you begin to equip it Like the collor and type of saddle or if the reins are chains or simple ropes... Whatever, the possibilities are unlimited. It would work as a money sink, instead of just adding more and more mounts that you will never use.

And dungeons could drop some items for your mount too, like a rare boss riding a horse that drops something for your mount (optional boss ofc) or minigames to get more shinies for your mount lol.

Dyes that you use in your gear, could be used in mount accessories too

And no... no mounts in dungeons that would make jump puzzles easier (or not haha, depends on your point of view)... Mounts in sPvP would be weird too, they could create a bigger battleground to allow mounts, or just use them in WvW.

-----

Player Housing, people just said all that would be cool Customize everything, maybe upgrade your house. I would love to have a little garden (Yeah, I'm a bit of an effeminate Charr, sorry :/ haha)... I don't like the idea of having HoM trophies in your house, maybe an item to teleport you to the Hall of Monuments Maybe a trophy room with armors, weapons, items from bosses, etc just to show off.

Sorry for my english, but I think that everything is understandable. Have a nice day everyone
    Last edited by Noxgard; 2012-08-07 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After you've discovered them waypoints make it really easy to get around - you can just open your map from anywhere and click the waypoint.

I never felt like I was spending too much time running, plus there's so much happening along the way

There are speed boosts besides your combat abilities - look for the vendors with the boot above their head!
    Valar morghulis

I don't see anything wrong with cosmetic mounts. Either make them purely cosmetic and instant cast or give them a slight run speed increase and throw a short cast time on them.

Player/guild housing would be freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    After you've discovered them waypoints make it really easy to get around - you can just open your map from anywhere and click the waypoint.

I never felt like I was spending too much time running, plus there's so much happening along the way

There are speed boosts besides your combat abilities - look for the vendors with the boot above their head!
    Yeah, the waypoints are nice for those in a rush.

And yes there are a lot of things going on along the way, and the beauty of Tyria is worth the time to gawk at.

So wheres the problem in purely cosmetic mounts that do not move faster than a player using his speed boost? For me, mounts in GW2 wouldn't be about getting around faster.

I can't see one..but then again I just got out of the Sun so who knows.