Solo tanking 25 H DS content

So our Druid Tank has quit the game and I find myself being the sole tank. Already I am tanking in almost full DPS gear for 6/8 of the fights.

Can some people clarify from there experience what encounters are safely solo-tankable in BIS? (remember this is for 25 H DS).

Morchok: 2
    Yorsahj: 2 - Possibly 1 DK (can anyone clarify?).
    Zonozz: 1
    Hagara: Currently we tank it with 2 tanks - can this be done with 1?
    Ultra: 2
    Warmaster: 2
    Spine: 2.5 - We have one of the DPS go defensive and tank an Almag.
    DW: 1

Thanks all.

You can single tank every fight but warmaster and morchok H. Every other fight i have singled tank (yes 25H) Spine we just have one melee dps tank the bloods. Warmaster you can't do because of the armor debuff unless you can clear it at 3 stacks by having a dps taunt him really quick and put on him alot of CDs. Morchok H i have no idea but i tried and the group would always die at 50%ish on both morchoks. So besides those 2 all the others are faceroll to single tank. And for Yor'sahj i always singled tank him. Hope this answers your question

Thanks for the response Aprixius.

I am extremely curious as to how you solo tank Ultra and Yor. The stacking debuff + limited heals doesn't affect you? The DMG debuff after FL from Ultra isn't significant anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancet View Post

I am extremely curious as to how you solo tank Ultra and Yor. The stacking debuff + limited heals doesn't affect you? The DMG debuff after FL from Ultra isn't significant anymore?
    Fading Light doesn't increase damage taken. It just resets all threat and prevents any threat from being gained for 10 seconds (I think this can be avoided just by taunting the boss but I'm not 100% sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Lancet View Post

You can but it's "tricky".
    With standard tank debuff boss hits every 3 secs. So whenever you need to teleport you have 3 seconds to do it, go back and taunt. Then you tank for duration of taunt, use your second taunting ability (if you're DK you use deathgrip).
    The swing timer resets every time boss switches targets, so there is enough time to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    Fading Light doesn't increase damage taken. It just resets all threat and prevents any threat from being gained for 10 seconds (I think this can be avoided just by taunting the boss but I'm not 100% sure).
    On heroic instead of generating no threat you take 100% more physical damage for 5 seconds. He won't hit hard enough to one shot you, but your healers should def be aware that you're going to need big heals or a CD readily available at all times for fading light.

Pending on how good your DPS is or what kill order you do, you shouldn't have many problems with Yorsahj (mainly hope you don't get yellow or kill it so stacks don't become overwhelming). You should get 6~ stacks without yellow with AMS/mirror/outside CD should be manageable, otherwise if you have a feral druid just have them bear cat for the fight.

I don't solo tank Ultra anymore (Well mainly after my 25 heroic raid group broke up ) but i can easily solo tank it. I just have to be very quick and that sometimes leads to one of the other people getting almost one shotted but Yor is a literal face roll one tank mechanic.

Deleted
    i dont know how numbers are tuned on 25man, but our guild did kill morchok HC with only 1 tank and 2 healers.. but it does involve alot of rng on the orbs. make sure they arnt "red" and everyone needs to be stacked to the max...

again, this was on 10man hc, not 25 so not sure if its possible on 25man hc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperactive View Post
    i dont know how numbers are tuned on 25man, but our guild did kill morchok HC with only 1 tank and 2 healers.. but it does involve alot of rng on the orbs. make sure they arnt "red" and everyone needs to be stacked to the max...

again, this was on 10man hc, not 25 so not sure if its possible on 25man hc
    If something requires a lot rng-luck in 10man, it'd hardly make sense for it to work on 25man.

Have been trying to solo tank DS 25hc, but Morchok is just impossible imho. Warmaster might work with some really crazy rng luck on debuffs or some insane CD-rotation. Got him to 12%, but it's not impossible. Rest is no problem.

Solo tanking all of 10m hc is hardly any challenge at all - well, if you're not PUGing that is.
    Last edited by mmoc51d9fadaba; 2012-08-08 at 10:05 AM.

I know a guild on my server has solo tanked Morchok heroic. Probably more hassle than it's worth though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've also solo tanked hc yor (at 25% nerf) go into every set of oozes with fresh bone shield, hit unglyphed vb shortly after the oozes hit (if green after first tick of aoe etc) always use AMS for the final 7 seconds of damage, save IB for a combo that has the purple debuff, remember you can channel army of the dead for a significant damage reduction (use with DRW much like on madness) stack full tank gear, pref with stam gems hittting socket bonuses. Fully buffed (inc shaman healing this, I'm on about 310k hp) and you should cap your blood shield for all his melee damage, so you just juggle your CDs (along with sac, pain sup, spirit link) around the magical damage, use CDs to keep you alive, as with such a debuff, the actual group healing is a joke, but void bolt still hits pretty hard.

And lol, ofc hagara can be done with 1 tank, it can be done with any tank, but a dk makes it absolute faceroll. during transitions you can stand in the bubble and stack bloodshieds, and even without that, one deathstrike mid rage and you can lol at her with a 200k + shield.
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2012-08-08 at 10:13 AM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

We do Morchok, Ultraxion, Warmaster and Spine with 2 tanks rest is done with 1 tank, a Blood DK
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Deleted
    Morchok : 2. 1 would be doable, but you'd need godly healers.
    Yor'sahj : 1.
    Zon'Ozz : 1.
    Hagara : 1.
    Ultraxion : 1.
    Warmaster : 2. 1 is suicide, devastate can still one shot you if you have too many armor debuffs. Unfortunately, you can't heal OS back .
    Spine : 1. But it's making it harder for not that much of a gain.
    Madness : 1.