Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Confirmed: I have a Facebook account and I haven't committed mass murder.
    Yet. .
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have Facebook and I'm a mass murderer.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

It is believable that most mass murderers don't have a facebook, but this is not to say that all of us who don't have a facebook are mass murderers -- not by a long shot.

A couple thing about facebook users:

I know a lot of people who don't like facebook, but got one because every one else is doing it -- most mass murderers have disdain for "conformity," so getting a facebook goes against their own principles.

Most facebook users waste countless hours a day checking facebook rather than accomplishing goals. You don't build an elaborate plan to go out and murder dozens of people while being lazy, and spending most of your free time checking facebook.

Privacy. This is the main reason I don't have a facebook. I am a very private person, and it is unlikely that a mass murderer would be able to plan a massive event when having a facebook that shows your current location, status / what you are doing, who you are hanging out with etc. Facebook is essentially a way for people to keep tabs on each other, and most of us realize this.

Lastly, and most importantly, most mass murderers are loners. When is the last time a mass murderer went out, and in the aftermath, they interviewed his close friends? It's kind of hard to have a facebook when you don't have friends to add, and talk to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correlation != Causation.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I wouldnt have one if my girlfriend hadn't requested i make one - multiple times :P

Hey, I bet both of those guys played WOW, too! And, does murdering legions of wild boars and murlocs count as being a mass murderer? If so, I guess I'm already guilty.

I do have it, but rarely use it and I am quite proud of that.

Well I guess I'll end up being a mass murderer then

Facebook. Saving the world from psychopaths one user at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    87% of the world's population doesn't have Facebook.
    And mysteriously, zombie outbreaks are popping up all over the world... :-P

Personally, I wouldn't be on facebook if it wasn't legitimately useful. I don't have a million friends, as a matter of fact, I think I have about 15 or 20. All close friends, all people I talk to on a regular basis. I stay the hell away from those freaking facebook games that I see everyone getting addicted to all the time lol. I use it for communication and that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I don't have a Facebook either, i do not see much of a point to it, if i want to hang out they have a phone i can call and then we can hang out, i don't need to know that someone just left to go to the mall, kinda stalkerish if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It's from a story in the Daily Mail...
    No, the original story is from the German newspaper "Der Tagesspiegel", which is a well respected, centre-left paper.

However, some things from the original article got quite messed up:

1) Employers in the US sometimes find it suspicious when a person has no Facebook account [nothing to do with mass murders]
    2) According to one study, young people who severely restrain their online activities or don't use the net at all [all activities, not only Facebook] are as likely to have Depressions and other psychological issues as those that use the net excessively.

No where in the original do they claim that a lack of a Facebook account predicts any psychological problem.

haha, I was right all along...I kept telling that bitch chained up in my basement that Facebook was for idiots. Maybe if she listened I wouldn't have had to bleach her skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do not subscribe to the theory that "facebook was created by the CIA", I think this is giving the implied notion that people who dont have their lives accessible are obviously more likely to do something dangerous. Because, you know, if you give up all your privacy and someone else doesn't, then obviously that person that doesn't is a lot more dangerous.

._. all I see is evidence that we are becoming a society of sheep that are being herded by the powers of authority. Also, the statistic is bullcrap, given the fact we have 7 billion living people on this earth and less that 1/10th of people use it.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    haha, I was right all along...I kept telling that bitch chained up in my basement that Facebook was for idiots. Maybe if she listened I wouldn't have had to bleach her skin.

It rubs the lotion on its skin?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is hilarious. Because Facebook, this generally new thing, means anything. ok lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    One note, quite a few of the recent shootings in the states, the people who do them post all about it on their facebooks. Pics and all. Having a facebook or not means jack besides gathering evidence after the fact. Why? Because too many people let themsleves be peered into through it. The people that spend every living moment on facebook? ye...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have WoW, why the hell would I need facebook?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Facebook saved us from a barbaric past and has brought us into a civilized future.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I have WoW, why the hell would I need facebook?
    But how will you know how many friends you have?!!?1?!?