10+ Year Old Account

Addon Development Help w/ Ace3

So, I', going to try to take over development of an Addon project that hasn't been updated in over a year and bring it up to MoP and 4.3 standards if I have time. However, I do not have much experience with Addon development. I've read some guides and such, but they are pretty basic it seems, and I havn't found one specifically on working with the Ace3 interface. I have a degree in Computer Science, so learning a new language is no problem, LUA doesn't seem to difficult anyways, but I just have no clue where to begin. The addon is thousands of lines long, I don't understand a lot of the Ace3 interactions, and trying to update the embedded library has proved troublesome.

So, I guess here are my question, hopefully someone here is knowledgeable and can help me.

1. Where are the new Addon library's for 5.0.3 being developed? Havn't seen much on curse...
    2. Is there any guide to Ace 3 and its library loading code and such?
    3. I guess, how should I really go about debugging this? I've disabled the sub-modules, and trying to get just the base code loaded up. Debugging tools? Etc?

Deleted
    The Ace3 API docs should prove helpful. Make sure Lua errors are enabled, I'd also recommend !BugGrabber and BugSack.