Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

which graphics card???

yo,, just bought a new pc.. 4ghz amd phenom or summit, 8 gig ram or summit blah blah (i know nowt bout pcs tbh ;p)
    it came with a shitty nvidia gt 520 card.. i have a ati radeon 5570 from my old pc.. which of these is the best? ta

also, is there a website or a list of nvidia cards Vs ati cards??
    i am also saving for a decent card so which would you recommend, mainly for WoW.. i probly got about £200-£300 to spend on a decent card.. cheers..

Honestly, I say hold out about 5-7 days more. On the 14th-16th, the 660 Ti is being released for a projected pricepoint of ~$300. It's only about 12% weaker then it's bigger brother, the 670, which is about $400.

If you only are going to play Wow or less demanding, get the HD6850, HD6870 or the GTX 460.
    Anything more is a waste, as it's not going to use it.

The HD5570 ought to be better than the GT 520, but I base that on guessing by naming.

Deleted
    Yes i am allmost certain that the HD 5570 is better then the GT 520. I just picked a GT 520 upp for my girlfriend from a local store for 44 dollars as an upp from 4 years old intengrated card, it cant run alot but it can run something like wow and diablo at low res and at lowest settings.

Follow this chart...

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

and make your own comparisons.

From what I can tell from said chart, the 5570 will outperform the 520 by a large margin, but only in regards to those 2 cards. Any more recent card will drive them both into the dirt.

That said, I've been playing WoW with an Nvidia GTX 260 (216 core) for years and have had no problems, though I expect to have to upgrade before MoP comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by cringleburt fistybuns View Post
    yo,, just bought a new pc.. 4ghz amd phenom or summit, 8 gig ram or summit blah blah (i know nowt bout pcs tbh ;p)
    it came with a shitty nvidia gt 520 card.. i have a ati radeon 5570 from my old pc.. which of these is the best? ta

also, is there a website or a list of nvidia cards Vs ati cards??
    i am also saving for a decent card so which would you recommend, mainly for WoW.. i probly got about £200-£300 to spend on a decent card.. cheers..
    I would probably say the 5570 is the fastest of those 2.

As for suggested cards. From personal experience i can suggest the 560TI it's a good card for a good price.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    That said, I've been playing WoW with an Nvidia GTX 260 (216 core) for years and have had no problems, though I expect to have to upgrade before MoP comes out.
    You'll likely get more benefit out of a CPU upgrade.

Deleted
    ive just swapped over to the ati hd5570 card i got and just logged into WoW.. i can see a slight difference already tbh, the ati does seem a bit better...
    but i will be upgrading to a better graphics card for some ultra settings/eye bleeding funs
    i think my new pc is quite good tho for the money i paid.. its a amd 4GHz phenom 64 bit on a gigabyte summit motherboard with windows 7 64bit, 8 gig ram etc etc....
    thanks for the info

Anything beyond the HD5770/6850 would likely be wasted though. It cares more about the CPU than GPU.

tried playing wow on ultra @ 1080p with 4x aa on my wife`s 5770 and my FPS nosedived (phenom x6 @3.6ghz) , back in went my gtx 580 and its a solid 60fps capped all the time..... so no a cheap card is not worthwhile as you do need something with reasonable horsepower (more so with mop coming)

Did you install the drivers?
    Wow is CPU-dependant past the HD5770 in combat of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Did you install the drivers?
    Wow is CPU-dependant past the HD5770 in combat of any kind.
    no its not - ultraxion with everything maxed (dx11 mode etc) will cruch a 5770

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    no its not - ultraxion with everything maxed (dx11 mode etc) will cruch a 5770
    Depends on the CPU entirely.

a hex core 3.6ghz phenom X6 and fps took a nose dive ,when on the same machine with my own gtx 580 it locked at 60 fps ,so i am fully aware of how the 5770 gets crushed thank you.

Yea, that's because your CPU is comparatively weak.
    Amount of cores beyond the second wouldn't help you, and the X4's are as strong/stronger clock-per clock than the X6, not to mention they're behind even intels last generation.
    Which is a sad thing, in fact.
    The 2.667 GHz i5-750 outperforms them, and overclocked walks all over them.
    The GPU has nothing to do with FPS in raids.

Can we please stop derailing this now? Thanks!
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-08-08 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    (grabbin popcorn)

Infracted for spam.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-08-08 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    Follow this chart...

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

and make your own comparisons.
    That chart includes oc'd/modded cards so I would not recommend it as you don't have the ocing details.

You can use some stock charts:

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU12/372

Deleted
    Hi,
    I have an AMD HD 5770 graphics card and AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU. My fps is between 1 and 25 fps in MoP zones. Should I buy a better graphics card or will it be optimized? (I'm playing on ultra of course)
    Which graphics card has the best price/value now? (only AMD, I'm not using nvidia)
    Is the new HD 7770 good enough with its new 28nm technology?
    Also I have an SSD in my computer WIN 7 is running on it, will it help if I install MoP on the SSD? Or it will just kill my SSD, because of the patches all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixy View Post
    Hi,
    I have an AMD HD 5770 graphics card and AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU. My fps is between 1 and 25 fps in MoP zones. Should I buy a better graphics card or will it be optimized? (I'm playing on ultra of course)
    Which graphics card has the best price/value now? (only AMD, I'm not using nvidia)
    Is the new HD 7770 good enough with its new 28nm technology?
    Also I have an SSD in my computer WIN 7 is running on it, will it help if I install MoP on the SSD? Or it will just kill my SSD, because of the patches all the time...
    yes a 5770 isnt good enough now, especially since the added dx 11 effects in teh enw zones ; changing to an i5 wont actually help you.

and yes - the instant zoning from the ssd will improve your gameplay experience

Deleted
    im lost now lol, wots all this CPU and GPU talk, is that for the grfx card or the actual pc...
    i like the environments n stuff to look as good as poss but not the spell effects, so i have nearly all things on high except for shadow, liquid, particle effects. but i found certain bosses in DS would make me switch all to low midfight cos of lag or fps issues etc... so i just left all settings on low for last few months and it looked shit..
    i just want a good quality grfx card at a decent price that is stable all the time....
    i only bought this new pc with this grfx card cos it said come with "newly released nvidia gt520" so i guessed it musta been a good one (and its got blue neon lights n looks nice ;p) the other pcs i was lookin at had all ati 6670 cards or sumit.. maybe shoulda got one of them lol.
    cheers