Season 12 Priest PvP for SHADOW: Mooncloth or Satin?

Here is the "healer" set bonuses for the new pvp set.

Gladiator's Investiture:

2 piece: Diamond Soul: When you cast Power Word: Shield on a target, the target's Resilience is increased by 3974 for 4 sec.
    4 piece: Holy Spark: When you cast Prayer of Mending, the initial target is blessed with a Holy Spark increasing the healing done by your next Flash Heal, Greater Heal or Holy Word: Serenity by 50% for 10 sec.

Here is the "shadow" set bonuses for the new pvp set.

Gladiator's Raiment

2 piece: Dispersion Sprint: Increases your movement speed by 60% for 5 sec after you use Dispersion.
    4 piece: Sin and Punishment: When your Vampiric Touch is dispelled, the dispeller and all nearby enemy targets within 6 yards are instantly feared in horror for 3 sec.

what would u take? its not like we need dispersion sprint. VT dispelling (3sec horror) is piss aswell, all healers on live atm just dispells VT and take the 3sec.

but, PW:shield urself = 4x extra resilience for burst inc.... u can now cast PoM in shadowform = 50% more healing on Flash or Greater.... what would u take?

actually at lvl 85 the resil from diamond soul gives me around +10% dmg reduction so its not x4 more resil. I would still prob take the shadow set cause of the dispel protection no matter how weak it is.

I think the healing set bonus is worth a shot for some comps. All healers have 8 sec cd on their dispel, so dispel protection isn't as important anymore for your dots. The situation a healer will face will change from "i'll spam dispel so they can't create pressure" to "i'll dispel roots/cc;" thus, for comps depending on roots/cc, you definitely want dispel protection.

To be more specific on my thoughts on comps:

spriest / aff lock /healer - Go with healer set, dispel protection already exists. Spriests get trained in this comp anyways.

spriest / mage / healer - shadow set. You still want healer to think twice about dispelling roots and deep

spriest / rogue /healer - iffy. I think for this comp you might want dispel protection; this comp usually focuses on making the healer fall behind through multidot/cc, at least that's how rls is played.

RBG - on one hand your disc priest might yell at you if you shield other ppl. On the other, you're most likely running dotcleave with aff lock.

I'd take Healing bonuses anyday,

I"ll prob stay with the shadow set. You'll have to pick up a decent amount of spirit if you get the healer set. OFC this will convert to hit, but you might over load on hit, given you have other pvp items. Also by not being forced to pick up hit on main piece of gear you can be more flexible with your secondary stats. This allows you to maximize haste.

---------- Post added 2012-08-08 at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AvaEve View Post
    spriest / aff lock /healer - Go with healer set, dispel protection already exists. Spriests get trained in this comp anyways.

RBG - on one hand your disc priest might yell at you if you shield other ppl. On the other, you're most likely running dotcleave with aff lock.
    Locks will most likely use the glyph which makes UA crit on dispel. What's better than massive damage and a 3 second fear? It makes dot dispels into super burst.