Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    That was all true of Star Wars: The Old Republic too, wasn't it? Preorders really can't be used to judge how well an MMORPG will perform in the long run.

Of course, GW2 isn't subscription-based to begin with, so we're going to be using different metrics to judge success. Box sales ("users"/"players") and microtransactions will likely be the emphasis of their business talk, not so much active users (unless the game is a runaway success and has tons of 'em).
    GW2 won't have to "perform" like a traditional sub-based MMO, as it's B2P as you said. But GW1 had about 3 million unique users or something (7 million total sales iirc, but that includes all expansion packs), GW2 could end up around there with ease I think if it delivers.

NCSoft buying EA doesn't seem unlikely though, EA has a handful of powerful franchises but the company as a whole isn't very strong is it? Stock has been in a downward spiral for years now.

Deleted
    Is Trion Worlds a subsidiary of anything (like ArenaNet is a subsidiary of NCsoft) yet? I haven't been following Rift but I've heard they want to expand into eastern market, NCsoft could be a very big help with this goal.