Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Am I being rediculous?

Ive gotten back in the game recently after taking a year or so off, and of course I want to raid. When I got back, I had my pally healer who was in heroic 372 gear, and I figured since firelands was 378 gear, I should be good enough to heal a DS reg run. However, every pug I tried to get into laughed at me once they requested my ilvl. I ended up joining a guild that let me latch on, and lo and behold, I did in fact heal the place just fine. Ive now gotten my ilvl up to 378 on my healer, and 373 on my dps. Both have done full clears of DS in the last week with 0 wipes, yet I cant get a pug to let me join. I cant raid with my guild (they are a weekend guild, and I'm always doing something on the weekend), so pugging is my only option.

So am I being ridiculous thinking that having an ilvl more or less equivalent to the previous raid teir is more then enough to join a reg DS? or do I need to shut up, ignore the stupidity of it, and get almost full 397 to do a raid that drops 397 gear?
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

10+ Year Old Account
    People that PUG raids are pretty stupid. If you haven't raided in a year you're pretty screwed as far as pugging is concerned. You aren't being ridiculous, pug leaders are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you're ridiculous, but it depends on how geared the other healers were with your full clear group. Take into account that there's now a 30%(?) buff, I'd say your ilvl is just fine, the people pugging are just retards and you should make your own pug to see how that goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not ridiculous but it's their right to set any rules for joining their pug they want. Try getting your own going.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Pugs generally demand stupidly high ilvs.

If you want to raid with trade-people then it couldn't hurt to get some VP and LFR gear.

Honestly, with the ease of getting 378 and 397 gear from justice and valor vendors, plus 384s from LFR, yes, you are being a bit ridiculous. This is the end of the expansion and pugs want people with appropriate gear for the current time-frame.

My suggestion is, as I mentioned above, start spending justice points on 378 upgrades, valor on 397 upgrades, run LFR every week, and run the 3 most recent heroics for 378 upgrades. If you're not getting anything decent from LFR/valor, then look for heroic Firelands pugs for 391s. If you're rolling in the gold and you really want to raid before the next expansion, buy some BoEs.

Personally, I have no problem with a 372 ilvl player raiding DS... assuming they are a skilled player. I would not, however, invite a random 372 ilvl player to one of my raids. A friend that I knew could handle it? Sure.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2012-08-09 at 01:30 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No PUG leaders are usually obsessed with ilvl gear / Experience due to 99% of them fail even with X buff being active

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not being rediculous, but you are being late to the party. People have had so long to gear up that practically noone is at a low ilevel anymore on chars they regularly play. You being low ilevel is for most an indication that you are bad, casual, or rusty from being away. They just don't want to take the chance if they can probably get a better geared person if they look a bit longer. It's not personal, just the way WoW has always worked, in late expansion phases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, with the ease of getting 378 and 397 gear from justice and valor vendors, plus 384s from LFR, yes, you are being a bit ridiculous. This is the end of the expansion and pugs want people with appropriate gear for the current time-frame.

My suggestion is, as I mentioned above, start spending justice points on 378 upgrades, valor on 397 upgrades, run LFR every week, and run the 3 most recent heroics for 378 upgrades. If you're not getting anything decent from LFR/valor, then look for heroic Firelands pugs for 391s.
    see, the 378's from justice points and the heroic arent a huge ilvl boost, and were often itemized worse then my 372 heroics, so that doesnt really help. It also doesnt help that my 359 trinkets seem to be much much better then anything I could get out of the raid people do(that is, only DS, which I cant get into). I dont see running firelands heroic as an option, as it seems much harder then a DS reg. So basically this comes down to getting very lucky and getting lfr loot, and waiting for valour points to come in (or taking non optimal gear to raise ilvl). Neither seem like great options, especially since I think ive proven the fact that I can raid, considering I was on the servers top raiding guilds for the previous expac and a half.

PUG is the little death......PUG is the game killer...

Deleted
    openraid.eu

you're welcome

Deleted
    People are being rediculous, they always need the max for the easiest things. soon lvl 85's can't go to naxx anymore because you're just not 90! D: sad future

10+ Year Old Account
    openraid.eu

you're welcome
    I quite like that idea, unfortunately im in NA

10+ Year Old Account
    Pugs ussually want you to carry them, I'm 406 iLvl and the Raid Leader of a pug treats me like im some sort of god, but when I use my Shaman that is like 385 iLvl they treat you different.

So if you get what i'm saying is there are stupid people who judge you by your item level, its like Gear Score all over again. If you have a low item level than your considered bad, but you could have a toon with a high item level they than treat you like a god. Thats why I refuse to run pugs & is 1 thing i hope dies in WoW.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by mypally View Post
    I quite like that idea, unfortunately im in NA
    Visit it, you'll be plesantly surprised to find that people in the EU grasp the concept that theres other countries in the world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Visit it, you'll be plesantly surprised to find that people in the EU grasp the concept that theres other countries in the world!
    I clearly dont know if this is correct, but arent the NA and EU servers not able to do cross realm stuff?

I clearly dont know if this is correct, but arent the NA and EU servers not able to do cross realm stuff?
    Try openraid.us.

Btw, don't expect heroic Firelands to be harder than regular DS. Both instances have been heavily nerfed and, even if it's not super easy, it's better to have some kind of chance at higher ilvl gear than no chance at all.

As for your comment about heroic 372s vs 378s... I know what you mean, but it's all about appearances and being able to show a higher ilvl. You don't actually have to wear the gear while you're in a raid

LFR and Valor points, of course, are your best options, but don't be afraid of Firelands. You could easily find a 6/7h group that just needs a warm body if you're using openraid.us.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2012-08-09 at 01:48 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    0% nerf was balanced around 378 ilvl.

Pugs have retarded high and shallow requirements, most important part is convincing your raid leader. Really important things like reforging correctly, glyphing correctly, gemming correctly, enchanting correctly and speccing correctly don't often mean much when you are asking for spot. Also you don't know if someone is executing fight mechanics correctly, executing rotation correctly and using other raidwide utilities correctly, those mean very much at fight but you cannot see them before it's time to fight.

Just suck it up, try improving ilvl and making impressive speechs about your skills, or try making your own pug.

Ive gotten back in the game recently after taking a year or so off, and of course I want to raid. When I got back, I had my pally healer who was in heroic 372 gear, and I figured since firelands was 378 gear, I should be good enough to heal a DS reg run. However, every pug I tried to get into laughed at me once they requested my ilvl. I ended up joining a guild that let me latch on, and lo and behold, I did in fact heal the place just fine. Ive now gotten my ilvl up to 378 on my healer, and 373 on my dps. Both have done full clears of DS in the last week with 0 wipes, yet I cant get a pug to let me join. I cant raid with my guild (they are a weekend guild, and I'm always doing something on the weekend), so pugging is my only option.

So am I being ridiculous thinking that having an ilvl more or less equivalent to the previous raid teir is more then enough to join a reg DS? or do I need to shut up, ignore the stupidity of it, and get almost full 397 to do a raid that drops 397 gear?
    Not with the 30% nerf. Haven't done the math but 30% DS is probably around teh same difficulty as regular FL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    PUG is the little death......PUG is the game killer...
    D'aaaaah! I see what you did there. I approve!

And oddly agree.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.