10+ Year Old Account

Cool Coming Soon- War of the Greys: Lordaeron [Imput PLZ]

With the first chapter of the War of the Greys story completed I was hoping to start a new one within the forseeable future. However, before I do that I was going to ask for some input on how the RP in the Forge of Souls went. This thread is meant for comments, suggestions, thoughts, advice. I'd also like to try and recruit more people, adding to the intensity. So, what do you all think?

For those of you who haven't taken part I can give you a brief summary of events leading up to this point:

In War of the Greys: Forge of Souls: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Souls-Open-RP

The Voice of Sylvanas and the leader of the prestigous Grey family, Causis the Tainted gathered a large Forsaken force for an excursion into Northrend. The Voice of Sylvanas was a mysterious robed undead who was given a charge over the Forsaken in Northrend by the Dark Lady herself while Causis has been asked to aid him along with his family of well over one hundred corpses. They assembled in Ymirheim, north of Icecrown waiting for adventurers to arrive. Many came to face the perils of the Forge of Souls, but many were unsure as to what the objective of this venture was.

As the adventurers and Forsaken arrive at the Forge, a huge battle occurs on the ledge overlooking the snows of Icecrown. Scourge forces under the death knight Scourgelord, Sevenvoids assaults the Forsaken and their allies. After a long battle, Causis was nearly killed by the arrow of a Scourge assassin and the Voice of Sylvanas used a channeled time spell to rip the Scourgelord to shreds, literally. Causis in desperation accepted an offer from the death knight Lethean to alleviate his grevious wound through Scourge magic. The ritual succeeds, but Causis, paladin of the Forsaken becomes deaf to the Light.

As the battle concluded, the Voice announces their true goal. The ressurrection of Kel'Thuzad, a vile lich that had threatened the world years earlier. The Voice held a dark vial of liquid that he claimed was Kel'Thuzad's Phylactery, a portion of the creature's blood tethering him to Azeroth. The Voice told the army before him, they could control the lich with his phylactery and use him to increase the amount of corpses raised successfully in Tirisfal.

Causis and the adventurers are taken aback and plan to stop the Voice when able. After escaping a surprise Alliance aerial attack the army arrive in the Forge of Souls. They face Scourge forces, the abomination Dirgut and the lich Lady Duskhavan. As the defeat the lich and reunite with the Forsaken from behind a magical barrier, the Forsaken tell Causis of how the Voice seemingly flew onto the balconies above. Causis tells them of his plan to stop the Voice and the Forsaken agree, holding true to their vows.

After more fighting the party arrive onto the higher balconies where they come into contact with Voice copies from a massive mirror image spell. The army fights them, but the copies prove very strong. Causis looks within himeslf for strength to save his family, but finds a darkness that takes hold over his soul. The darkness is a demon, and Causis becomes a harbinger of doom. His eyes glew red and his hammer became black. Now possessed, he destroyed the copies with ease and returned to his former self.

The adventurers look with caution as the Voice announces from the shadows that Causis is afflicted by a darkness that consumes him as well. Causis desperatly pleads for the adventurers to trust him and move on toward the Forge antechamber to stop the Voice. After some reluctance to continue, Lethean agrees, but on the condition he be closly watched.

The paladin and the death knight make it with some of the Forsaken and find the Scourgelord Sevenvoids cut clean through and pinned to a wall by his own sword. (He survived the balcony encounter, barely.) The Voice stands beneath the heightened corpse and addresses the heroes. Lethean charges the Voice as Causis and his Forsaken block their way into the antechamber, lest the Voice get inside and summon Kel'Thuzad.

Lethean and the newly arrived companions Neyira and Velexis strike at the Voice, but he proves to be too powerful, using fire magics and time spells to counter their every move. Causis again become possessed as the situation become ever dire. He and his Forsaken warriors are moved by a will not their own and attack the Voice, hoping to seek some vengeance. The Voice addresses the demon as "Him" and tells the adventurers to run, revealing he had planned most of this. After fighting Causis, the paladin returns to his normal state of mind, he pleads to the Voice as he walks into the antechamber to tell him his name.

The Voice removes his hood and tells the party he is Darced the Emberweaver as the doors close. The adventurers and the weakened Causis escape the Forge as demonic Forsaken chase them through a crack in the walls. They escape outside where more possessed find them. After some brief skirkish Scourge dive from the quarry walls and assault the possessed Forsaken. A ghould approaches the party and tells them to hop atop their undead gryphons and head to Ymirheim, their the Scourge's new "Master" awaits them.

The adventurers arrive at the ancient Vrykul city where a lich awaits them. The lich turns out to be Darced the Damncaller and he claims that Kel'Thuzad was too weak to walk the land after being trapped in the Twisting Nether for so long. Darced explains that the Scourge will invade Lordaeron to "Save the World." He gives each of the remaining heroes a shard of Forstmourne and imbues them into their weapons and unknowingly to them, their souls as well. He beckons the heroes to go home and tell their leaders the Scourge come with great numbers. Unsure of the situation the adventurers react differently and Darced heads off towards Icecrown, to prepare his armies for the coming battle.

That's the story so far, so for anyone with concerns, questions or suggestions please go ahead. Remember, the war comes to Lordaeron! I may also put this RP on battle.net if there's enough interest there.

If you want input, all I have to say is it was amazing and tons of fun. The Alliance side was a bit disappointing (I was hoping to get to use Darren a bit more) but all in all it was still great. As for future RP's, if it continues to use the Scourge as the enemy, and this Lich, Darced, I'll probably bring in Lethean again to use alongside the enemy, making up a backstory that he was corrupted by the same darkness that had once held his will before he broke free of the Lich King's grasp. That way, I can still play my favourite character, and also bring in one of my other characters to use on the ""nice-guy side"" like Darren, Velirra, or even Neyira again. If that was the case, my death knights would end up fighting one another, making for an interesting scenario indeed.
    All in all, great work, and looking forward for future RP's with you and the Greys. XD
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, sorry about the Ally side, but it seemed like it was just bogging down the RP, plus we didnt have any dedicated alliance rpers.

I guess that's true . . . S'all good, mate. We don't need any snivelling Alliance dogs anywho! XD (that's just a joke, I actually don't mind the Alliance that much :P)
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had tons of fun with the first part, and am looking forward to the next part. I'll most likely either bring my Paladin again or possibly my hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thanks for the kind praise everyone! Now, is there any specific fights you had in mind, maybe like we can go all warcraft and at some point go RPG-RTS sort of deal? Or we can have a massive invasion RP-wise. Any thoughts as to how to spice the RP up?

Also, other ppls. I see you reading my posts feel free to comment. Don't be shy!

Slaughter!<3 and I'd love to see more of Velexis, but this hunter seems intriguing . . . just to warn you, though, next time you see Lethean, he may not be in the greatest of moods.
    Last edited by xensorlol; 2012-08-10 at 02:56 PM.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe, angry death knights are the best death knights.