Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you judge people based on how they look?

What I mean is, do you judge them based on how they look, similar to people you've met before?

For example, you once met a nice guy then years later you meet another dude who looks very much like first guy, only... let's say he's a bit taller and his eyes are a bit longer? Do you consider him to have a similar personality like first guy even before actually talking much?
    Or you met another dude who had a long face and a big straight nose and he was a jerk and years later you see another that looks like him, do you consider him to be a jerk too?

Well I guess I do, I am usually cautious when hanging out with people that dress like gangsters or have tattoos lining their bodies, the stereotypical thug. I am not as cautious anymore but I still do go slowly because I haven't had the best experiences with them.

Yes. I assume women who wear skimpy / revealing clothes to be scumbags and makes me feel bad they abuse their bodies like that. Same with those guys who wear their pants at their thigh and wear wife-beaters.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    i used to when i was 17 .. not so much now that im 37

Deleted
    I shouldn't, but i do. But then again, i'm from Merthyr Tydfil in south Wales. You see someone who likes like a cunt, he's usually a cunt. My mother always told me that if i'm not careful the way i look at people will get me a punch in the face.... will probably happen one day.

I'm sure everyone does to some degree, whether it is conscious or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't 'judge' people by how they look, however how they look can tell me a great deal about them.

Deleted
    First impressions matter, if someone looks like someone else it's impossible not to draw comparison between the two. Naturally once you get to know the person better and better looks matter less and less.

I would love to say no, but I'm fairly certain I do to some degree.
    Last edited by anveena; 2012-08-09 at 08:39 PM.

As soon as we see someone we've already analyzed and judged them.

To answer the question I definitely judge people based on appearances. I'm generally nice, but I can be thinking the worst things about them. ❤

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to more than I do now, I try pretty hard to not judge, but it is human nature after all. I try to just keep the judgements to myself.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Same with those guys who wear their pants at their thigh
    But it's so comfortable.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    What I mean is, do you judge them based on how they look, similar to people you've met before?

For example, you once met a nice guy then years later you meet another dude who looks very much like first guy, only... let's say he's a bit taller and his eyes are a bit longer? Do you consider him to have a similar personality like first guy even before actually talking much?
    Or you met another dude who had a long face and a big straight nose and he was a jerk and years later you see another that looks like him, do you consider him to be a jerk too?
    Unfortunately, I do. But it only tends to be when those people dress up and/or act a certain way. I think it was Dave Chappell that did a skit on something like, if you dress up like a prostitute, expect us to treat you like you are one. The same goes for Firemen and Police officers.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH-qeMMk6VU

Here is the skit that I was talking about. Also, it might be considered NSFW. Just a warning.
    Last edited by Sirguygrand; 2012-08-09 at 08:24 PM.

I dont, I useally base them off what they talk about, or if they are doing something.

Like today at the bus station. Classic example of a good old hillbilly. Talks crap with some semi-attractive girl, really just...wow, shut up. Wearing clogs, work-cloth that looks quit rubbish, sitting on a beat up Scooter. I never looked at his face propor trough, I dont steer at people or try not to.

I think everyone reflexively does, the key is to filter your first impression through your brain and create a suitable impression based on that.

wearing a cap with the sticker still on it? "wannabe-gangster" detected.

Deleted
    I don't judge people based on how they look, but I do take it up for consideration if I have to talk to them or meet them.

judge? no. draw some basic conclusions or form certain expectations? yes. if i see the girl with the dragon tattoo i dont assume she's a bad person. but i also dont assume shes an investment banker

Of course you do, it's common knowledge that you make a hell of a lot of assumptions and decisions in the first minute of seeing someone. What people wear is incredibly revealing, it tells you what that person is OK with presenting themselves as.

If someone wants to walk around with their ear lobes blown open, for example, I will judge them for that decision.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

No I actually don't, even when I meet identical twins I don't think they have similar personalities. I judge on what each individual wears and stuff though.

Did anyone else read pass the title?
    Last edited by Drekker17; 2012-08-09 at 10:05 PM.