Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I do. But its not as much their clothes, tattooes, piercings etc. as it is their body language or facial language. It takes me just a few minutes with a person before I have it down to how they are. And in 99% of my judgements, I have come out as right.

I won't thoroughly blame those who judge people for the way they dress. Chances are huge, that that woman over there in the jogging pants, moonboots, thin jacket, dirty, unwashed hair and with a cigarette in her mouth, are a social client, alcoholic and possibly druggie.

The girl with the tight top, skimpy skirt, blonde hair and oompa loompa tan is most possibly a bitch and simultaneously emotional wreck cause she only falls for the bad guys.

Fully dressed up gangster with bling everywhere standing at a street corner with his homies? Douchebag and possibly criminal.

Of course there are exceptions and thats good. But those exceptions suffer because the rest of us are quick to judge. I am not really sure how we can 'solve' this. One way is to be a bit more open and non-judgemental. But you would all agree with me that if you meet the gangster gang alone at the middle of the night at the street corner, you will turn around and walk the other way. Chances they'll mug you are higher than if it was a gang of average looking people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Every chance I get, and I am rarely surprised at the type of person they turn out to be after a conversation. Sometimes though, I am surprised at how I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Tell me more.
    The lifespan of a dayfly is substantially longer than one day.

I judge myself by the way I look...and the verdict is fiiiiiiiiine.

It depends on the situation for me.

The way a person looks can tell you a lot about them. It's sometimes hard not to label them or jump to conclusions.

In a business environment it's a pretty big thing for me. How far a person goes, within reason, to be presentable and professional looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, yes I do but I'm usually a bad judge of character, most people I usually dislike after seeing them I end up liking them after I get to know them. true story this has happened with some of the people who are my best friends.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    The beautiful thing about being human is being self-reflective on how you think and adapt if necessary. So, when I see people that look similar to somebody else I knew I have a knee-jerk reaction but, then I move on from that and realize this is a new and different person. As it should be. However, remember that our ability to lump people together is a way of the mind protecting itself and the body.
    I have a propensity for rational and evolving thought... what am I doing on a forum?

I don't judge, I deduce.

Yes. I can tell quite a bit about you by how you look.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never judge the quality of a person's life or personality based on how they look. For example, I'm covered in tattoos and have a shitty job in a grocery store (for now). I'm also college educated and an avid reader. You just never know.

On the other hand, I'll judge a person's appearance based on how they look in a heartbeat.

Evolution has pretty much wired me to do this, so yes of course I do.

Now that I think about it, I used to fucking hate an ugly girl in school, and I didn't think much of it, but it's perhaps nature's way of preventing "bad" genes from spreading.

It seems a bit cruel now that I look back on it, but then again, that's life, and kids are mean.

Deleted
    I don't judge people on how they look, I get my first impressions, but I never judge anyone without knowing them first.
    Of course if you leave a good first impression (for my tastes) I will probably be more open to like you.

Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    I never judge the quality of a person's life or personality based on how they look. For example, I'm covered in tattoos and have a shitty job in a grocery store (for now). I'm also college educated and an avid reader. You just never know.

On the other hand, I'll judge a person's appearance based on how they look in a heartbeat.
    However, if someone has their pants around their knees, I can pretty much deduce they're not worth being around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah as other people have said it's a natural instinct, you can't really help it.

Yeah, I think everyone does it subconsciously, and actually there are a lot of details your brain and subconscious can pick up on that you don't consciously notice or think about that will influence your perception. The key is though to not cling to those initial perceptions once you actually have a chance to talk/get to know that person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I do, in good ways and bad ways.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I am the kind of person that is often judged by how I look, as I easily stand out, in a way, let's say, not always pleasing to the status quo.

It brings some advantages and disadvantages. Some people will look down at me, but so, I can easily pick my friends, for being able to differentiate those who will judge others based on their appearance and those who will judge it positively / don't care about it. That is one of my criteria for deciding what kind of people are worth hanging around with.

That's not to say I don't judge people based on how their look. I'd be a hypocrite if I said otherwise. It's just that most people often take the wrong judgements out of it.

Yeah as other people have said it's a natural instinct, you can't really help it.
    Bullshit. It's something cultural. People these days use expressions like "natural instinct" or "human nature" without knowing where they are applicable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some of my judging is based on peoples looks, not all of it, but some.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone does, it's human nature. But, I try not to, but I absolutely do.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    For example, you once met a nice guy then years later you meet another dude who looks very much like first guy, only... let's say he's a bit taller and his eyes are a bit longer? Do you consider him to have a similar personality like first guy even before actually talking much?
    Or you met another dude who had a long face and a big straight nose and he was a jerk and years later you see another that looks like him, do you consider him to be a jerk too?
    Of course not. The reasonable part of me would certainly not allow that to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekker17 View Post
    Did anyone else read pass the title?
    Not too many I presume.