Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Anyone know if heirloom items are "wow account bound" or "battlenet account bound"? I created a completely new battlenet account to use as my "friend account", but I just realized that I can't mail my heirlooms to the new characters because they are not on the same account. What I'm trying to figure out is if an account merge would solve the problem or if I'm forced to level without heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Meso View Post
    Anyone know if heirloom items are "wow account bound" or "battlenet account bound"? I created a completely new battlenet account to use as my "friend account", but I just realized that I can't mail my heirlooms to the new characters because they are not on the same account. What I'm trying to figure out is if an account merge would solve the problem or if I'm forced to level without heirlooms.
    They are Battle.net account. So if you have multiple accounts on one Battle.net account you can use heirlooms.

Hey!

First off all thank you for the magnificent guide for newbies to RaF like me!
    Second, I have a little concern and would like your advise about it!
    I have my "friendaccount" now; but in order to have the heirlooms I need it to be under my vetaccount (so far i'm good?), I am afraid I will loose the levelgranting abilities if the friendaccount comes under my vetaccount by going "merge accounts on the vetacc".. Is this correct or am i worried for nothing and can just do it without ever in any possible way losing the levelgranting benefits?

Ped!

Quote Originally Posted by Pèd View Post
    Hey!

First off all thank you for the magnificent guide for newbies to RaF like me!
    Second, I have a little concern and would like your advise about it!
    I have my "friendaccount" now; but in order to have the heirlooms I need it to be under my vetaccount (so far i'm good?), I am afraid I will loose the levelgranting abilities if the friendaccount comes under my vetaccount by going "merge accounts on the vetacc".. Is this correct or am i worried for nothing and can just do it without ever in any possible way losing the levelgranting benefits?

Ped!
    Your Battle.net account is simply a portal for all things Blizzard. You can have as many WoW accounts on one Battle.Net account as you want. They are not considered the same WoW account, just the same Battle.Net account. So you will be fine to "merge" the new WoW account with your Battle.Net account. You will still be able to grant levels, and be able to use heirlooms on both accounts as well. I don't there is an actual way to "Merge" WoW Accounts with each other, only with a Battle.Net account. So if you just add the new one to your Battle.Net account you will be perfectly fine.

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated and good luck in MoP!

Quote Originally Posted by monsage View Post
    They are Battle.net account. So if you have multiple accounts on one Battle.net account you can use heirlooms.
    Thanks for the information. I'll go ahead and check if I can merge my accounts then.

Perhaps another silly question.. I'm trying to merge my friendaccount in my vetaccount; but it keeps telling me that I put in the wrong username..
    The username is the emailadress of the friendaccount or am I seriously missing something here?

Perhaps another silly question.. I'm trying to merge my friendaccount in my vetaccount; but it keeps telling me that I put in the wrong username..
    The username is the emailadress of the friendaccount or am I seriously missing something here?
    Not necessarily. Log in with your normal Battle.Net account, not necessarily the email that you sent the friend request to. Whenever you click the link in the email it will take you to Battle.Net. Log in with your veteran Battle.Net account and it should work.

Not necessarily. Log in with your normal Battle.Net account, not necessarily the email that you sent the friend request to. Whenever you click the link in the email it will take you to Battle.Net. Log in with your veteran Battle.Net account and it should work.
    Jup but instead I did "make a new account" so basicly i'm f*cked?

Jup but instead I did "make a new account" so basicly i'm f*cked?
    More or less. But that's alright, you can still recruit another friend account. And if you haven't applied the new WoW account code from the Disc you can still use it.

Just resend the email to your Battle.Net email address. Make sure you are logged into that account on www.battle.net and then check the email and click the link.

*heading back to the store*

At least it's only $5 right now!

You could still use that account, you just can't send heirlooms to it. Which really won't be so bad, I did it just a few weeks ago before I myself was aware you could send heirlooms to it.

At least it's only $5 right now!

You could still use that account, you just can't send heirlooms to it. Which really won't be so bad, I did it just a few weeks ago before I myself was aware you could send heirlooms to it.
    30 euros in Belgium Ye but don't really want to level all the way to 80 & 2x 41 without the bonusxp =( Certainly not when you're used to oneshotting everything that runs around if you catch my drift

30 euros in Belgium Ye but don't really want to level all the way to 80 & 2x 41 without the bonusxp =( Certainly not when you're used to oneshotting everything that runs around if you catch my drift
    Eww that sucks, I'm sorry.

Well dualboxing you will more or less 1 shot everything anyway. You can still use heirloom weapons on the Veteran account because they don't give bonus XP. 2 Hunters is really easy and you basically will 1 shot everything. Especially if the veteran has the bow or gun.

More or less. But that's alright, you can still recruit another friend account. And if you haven't applied the new WoW account code from the Disc you can still use it.

Just resend the email to your Battle.Net email address. Make sure you are logged into that account on www.battle.net and then check the email and click the link.
    He should still be able to move the new wow account over to his old battlenet account if they are registered under the same name. I've never done this myself so I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that's how it works. I have no idea why he is getting an error though.

Eww that sucks, I'm sorry.

Well dualboxing you will more or less 1 shot everything anyway. You can still use heirloom weapons on the Veteran account because they don't give bonus XP. 2 Hunters is really easy and you basically will 1 shot everything. Especially if the veteran has the bow or gun.
    Haha you read my mind am already busy with the 2 hunters And i'm getting the 300% so meh!

Quote Originally Posted by Meso View Post
    He should still be able to move the new wow account over to his old battlenet account if they are registered under the same name. I've never done this myself so I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that's how it works. I have no idea why he is getting an error though.
    As far as I can tell he merged the new WoW account with a new Battle.Net account that isn't his Veteran account. I don't think you can transfer one WoW account from one Battle.Net account to another.

As far as I can tell he merged the new WoW account with a new Battle.Net account that isn't his Veteran account. I don't think you can transfer one WoW account from one Battle.Net account to another.
    exactly

I did the same things as him so I also need to get my accounts merged. It should be possible, judging by this thread and the blue reply ---> http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710231738

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone managed to found the best possible price for EU copy of Battlechest and WotLK? Best one I have is from g2play.net. WotLK for 13e and when you buy it you can choose Battlechest as a bonus product with price of 8e. So total 21e. Give a shout if you manage to find them under 20e total.

As a note for those who don't want to waste time sending heirlooms etc before granting levels read the next table

Trick with heirloom switching: 399/400, 99.75%. You will need 4216 xp to get lvl 81 with current xp requirements (might be lowered).
    Kill 6x lvl 2 mobs and 2x lvl 1 mobs: 396/400, 99,00%. You will need 16863 xp to get lvl 81 with current xp requirements (might be lowered).

Considering you should have all those level granting high levels there with you simply killing 8 mobs should go faster than playing around with heirlooms. And you will get 20k xp from dragging your ass to Mt. Hyjal (who in their right minds would even consider the other option for 81-82?).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people