Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Solo tanking malkorok blood rage

I want to try solo tanking malkorok during his blood rage on 10N, mostly for fun and to see if it's possibly a viable strategy on hc.

Without changing any gems I can go up to 14.5% raid buffed mastery+T15 2pc. If necessary I could go for 11k unbuffed mastery + mastery RoRo proc.
    I'll be using tank meta+cloak and I'm thinking of taking glyph of fortifying brew, enduring healing sphere and fortuitous sphere (healing sphere at 25% hp).

1. My first question obviously is, is it even possible?
    2. Can his attacks be dodged during blood rage?
    3. Does the damage from his attacks count as AoE (thus allowing me to use Rook's trinket?)
    4. I assume that his attacks still count as melee hits and break zen meditation. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Deleted
    it is aoe since my feint works on it. All I can tell you.

Deleted
    It can be solo tanked in 25 hm , 10 nm you don t even need a mastery build , just pop Fortifying Brew and use Purifying Brew between each attack ( or close )
    1 yes
    2 no
    3 yes
    4 no
    Pretty sure i m not wrong here .

The blood rage is easily solo tankable on heroic 10 man w/o a mastery build. I even used the dps legendaries on our first kill to help meet enrage.

Hey,

i solotank bloodrage on 10m HC, we dont have him down yet but 1% wipe... -.- Bloodrage phase is the last problem, i survive just fine most of the time.

I do it in full crit build, you can check my armory below. You dont need any mastery reforge imo but you need proper CD usage...

On normal we only get one bloodrage, but it gets harder if you get 2, the phases are 2:47 apart and last 20 seconds, so i do the following (without CD reduc trinket, with it gets trivial):

- be the offtank before the bloodrage so you dont have stacks, this happens if you DONT start to tank and taunt at about ~12 stacks
    - pool min 3 chi, better 5
    - taunt if the animation starts, and Zen Meditation before right before the first hit, this is important so you dont get the red stagger from hit1
    - after Zen Med is gone instantly Fortitude + Dampen harm, you should still have 5 chi.
    - After every hit of bloodrage you purify before the tick hits, instantly and try to keg smash in between for more chi, you purify every second here
    - when dampen harm is gone after 3 ticks, pop guard
    - phase ends and you should not be in real danger if you do it right.

Now if the second phase starts (without trinket) you Zen Med still has 13sec CD, your Fortitude is not ready. You need to have 5 chi again and call for a external CD right before it starts, afterwards you pop guard and purify every hit like the first time. When Zen Med is ready you use it for the last 7 seconds and you are golden.

Cheers
    Last edited by Kroni; 2013-10-02 at 11:35 AM.
    Krøni - Kròni - Króni
    10/14HC - http://twitch.tv/kronsc2 (german), also streaming 5.4 Progression

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
    Hey,

i solotank bloodrage on 10m HC, we dont have him down yet but 1% wipe... -.- Bloodrage phase is the last problem, i survive just fine most of the time.

I do it in full crit build, you can check my armory below. You dont need any mastery reforge imo but you need proper CD usage...

On normal we only get one bloodrage, but it gets harder if you get 2, the phases are 2:47 apart and last 20 seconds, so i do the following (without CD reduc trinket, with it gets trivial):

- be the offtank before the bloodrage so you dont have stacks, this happens if you DONT start to tank and taunt at about ~12 stacks
    - pool min 3 chi, better 5
    - taunt if the animation starts, and Zen Meditation before right before the first hit, this is important so you dont get the red stagger from hit1
    - after Zen Med is gone instantly Fortitude + Dampen harm, you should still have 5 chi.
    - After every hit of bloodrage you purify before the tick hits, instantly and try to keg smash in between for more chi, you purify every second here
    - when dampen harm is gone after 3 ticks, pop guard
    - phase ends and you should not be in real danger if you do it right.

Now if the second phase starts (without trinket) you Zen Med still has 13sec CD, your Fortitude is not ready. You need to have 5 chi again and call for a external CD right before it starts, afterwards you pop guard and purify every hit like the first time. When Zen Med is ready you use it for the last 7 seconds and you are golden.

Cheers
    Thanks a lot for sharing. I haven't had any luck in getting the trinket yet and I was considering going full mastery. How did you feel the pro's and con's were of a non-mastery build on this? Is it particilar stressful/dangerous or does the extra damage/EB make up for it?

I tank first. We swap at 15 stacks. That has me clear going into the first blood rage, for which I use FB. I sit on chi and purify after every hit. I continue tanking into the next P1 and we again swap at ~15 stacks. For the second blood rage I was planning on only using a PS->barrier+IB and an armor pot with DH/guard/zen med thrown in there, but since single target cds are not being used elsewhere, plus the boss is almost dead, I got a few extra cds on top of that. /shrug. Once it's up I use FB again. It's really really a joke as a monk.
    Last edited by Kitmajere; 2013-10-02 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
    Thanks a lot for sharing. I haven't had any luck in getting the trinket yet and I was considering going full mastery. How did you feel the pro's and con's were of a non-mastery build on this? Is it particilar stressful/dangerous or does the extra damage/EB make up for it?
    I used the info that Daught posted about how he hits for 4.5m on 25H, so I decided to check and see how each tank would stand up to the bloodrage phase hits.

http://t.co/PqaAWfCUtk

I used the armory values, the shuffle number is the % of damage you take after base shuffle+BoK+mastery (5%+rating #+3k buff). The numbers should all be right.

Using my self, with 13.4k mastery buffed I end up taking 237k per hit after shuffle+fort brew. Obviously, that could go lower if I use external cooldowns, but you can see where you stand as far as damage taken in that phase.

edit: looks like my armor dr values are off (it's using level 90 instead of level 93), trying to adjust it but the formula that is posted on wowpedia/wowwiki isn't showing the right %'s.
    Last edited by Promdates; 2013-10-02 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
    Hey,

Same basically.

This was some of our progression attempts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrSSQVbC_ec

(Uploaded it for our other tank, who wasn't here for it, though there's no REAL difference for tanks)

I've taken the blood rage cleave with 22 debuff stacks, 10 heroic, 2 healers. Should be trivial in normal mode.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Malkorok actually cleaves for ~6.4 mil unmitigated in 25H, increasing to ~8.35 mil after the first blood rage with his +dmg buff. I'd imagine values in 10m would be fairly close to 1/3 of those numbers, so ~2.1 mil starting out, increasing to ~2.8 mil.

So it's 8.35m cleaves during blood rage?

Also, fixed the armor DR% formula in that sheet.

Yeah, the 4.5 mil value that I stated in some other thread was 8.35 + ox stance + fort brew 20% + weakened blows.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The trinket from protectors helps a lot, especially if you don't have the CD reduction trinket from well, Malkorok lol.

Our monk soloed the first one without a mastery build using the trinket along with pain suppression and barrier. He saved FB for the second one along with anything else we had left. On heroic anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've solo tanked it on H 10man with like 17 stacks. you can zen med the first bit and fort brew lasts the whole duration of blood rage.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I used the info that Daught posted about how he hits for 4.5m on 25H, so I decided to check and see how each tank would stand up to the bloodrage phase hits.

http://t.co/PqaAWfCUtk

I used the armory values, the shuffle number is the % of damage you take after base shuffle+BoK+mastery (5%+rating #+3k buff). The numbers should all be right.

Using my self, with 13.4k mastery buffed I end up taking 237k per hit after shuffle+fort brew. Obviously, that could go lower if I use external cooldowns, but you can see where you stand as far as damage taken in that phase.

edit: looks like my armor dr values are off (it's using level 90 instead of level 93), trying to adjust it but the formula that is posted on wowpedia/wowwiki isn't showing the right %'s.
    Should remove the armor and DR from armor in your spreadsheet, since blood rage ignore armor.
    Last edited by archkiller; 2013-10-03 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    Should remove the armor and DR from armor in your spreadsheet, since blood rage ignore armor.
    Are you 100% certain about this? The ability does physical damage, and the tooltip and flags on the spell say nothing about avoiding armor just:

Cannot be dodged, parried or blocked
    Unaffected by invulnerability
    Cannot be reflected
    All spell effects are harmful

Also, it's 6,682,500 damage on the first one, and 8,353,125 on the second one on 25H. Surprisingly, 10H is 2,430,000/3,037,500.

It's confirmed. Bear tanks with 70% DR from armor have try tank bloodrage and found out it ignore armor.

We managed to kill him yesterday,pretty much what buraan said,and i think i can confirm that the cleave isnt reduced by armor..one of the tries i died on the very last cleave taking a 1.5mil hit.
    http://theincbear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1110

Is blood rage actually melee attacks. If it is what I am thinking of can you not zen med it?

It's physical, but not melee. You can definitely zen med the last 8 seconds of it.