Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    welp I almost pissed myself

Haha that is brilliant. I have only read the official quote from Trion on this situation, but I take it they are not rage quitting :P
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    OH REALLY NOW?! Blizz puts their content patches on the PTR for months at a time and Trion has a FAR shorter public testing cycle, yet their patches are no worse in quality than Blizzards.

Or are you still upset at the mount and coming into the forums to vent some of that anger?

I'm not sure I agree with that, at least not in terms of releasing without bugs or in need of changes. Hell, with the 8 bosses of ID you had the Rusila exploit, Maklamos being "fixed" several times and at one point players having to do things like use stupid amounts of combat resses to beat it, Laethys needing a fix before guilds could kill her and even now people complaining about bugs, and Maelforge having bugs AND an exploit that now is causing this drama. I can't remember the last time blizzard released a raid with that number of issues. Tier 11 had a few notable ones (Heroic Nef and Dark Simalcrum on Sinestra) but they were fixed really quickly. I'm sure people will mention the LFR exploit, but that was no worse than people exploiting Conquest. But that's 1 raid with half the bosses having issues. HK also had its fair share of issues.

Now I'm sure people are going to jump on me for saying that, so I'll add the following disclaimer: I'm not saying that Rift is a bad game or worse than WoW, but it certainly releases patches with their share of issues, and then tries to fix things after, and I do think Blizzard release less bugs in their patches. And I do think the bugs/exploits are having a real (and negative effect on raiding in Rift and people's perception of it. The amount of bitching, ill will and drama caused by it has made certain parts of the raiding community pretty toxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Deleted
    Seriously Blizzard could learn so much from the way Trion have handled this. Rather than just saying "Exploits, we banned them, please see our terms of service" and leaving it at that, we got a well written, well thought out post from a lead developer, discussing the issue in question, and talking about why they took the actions they did. THAT is good customer service.

The fact that they did this also shows how much they care about competitive raiding. Blizzard don't give two hoots about competitive raiding anymore, and anyone who says they do is totally deluded. Notice also how they didn't ban the guys - they just took away their world first credit. This is just smart, because as we saw with high profile wow guilds being banned for "exploits," all a ban does is create anger and bitterness amongst players. People who raid in guilds like No Quarter etc play the game for the race. Losing their world first credit, indeed having it publicly stripped from them is punishment enough.

nd I do think the bugs/exploits are having a real (and negative effect on raiding in Rift and people's perception of it. The amount of bitching, ill will and drama caused by it has made certain parts of the raiding community pretty toxic.
    I have a totally different experience of the Rift raiding community. From what I've seen it has a fantastic community of players, who are actually pretty gracious as far as MMO raiders go. There's a thread on the official forums now by Aegis guild, who had just downed Maelforge. It was 4 pages of people saying congratulations, including people from No Quarter and Special Olympics (two top raiding guilds) and many others. That WOULDN'T happen in wow. There was like no trolling at all, which is pretty rare in an MMO forum at the best of times.

Did an expert last night and happened to be in a group with the gm of Special Olympics, who was a very nice guy, and 50 chat as well seemed full of just friendly people, willing to mix with others almost no matter what their level. I would say Rift has a FAR more unified and friendly community than WoW from my experience, with WoW's community TOTALLY riven by the casual / hardcore divide.

Well, in all fairness, there have been A LOT of hardcore raider asshats, always equipped with a trusty measuring stick for the epeen contests on the official forums. Apparently a lot of them have retired from the game, but it has been ugly at times.

That's not to say there aren't a lot of gracious and friendly HC raiders, of course.

Deleted
    Huge problem with Trion is they simply do not get this. Mist of Pandaria has been in testing since like January and won't be dropped until September?? while Trion is probably going to push out Storm Legion in like November???December?? and not a word about beta testing in mass.

Their arrogance is pretty annoying I can promise you that.
    um, Trion put out larger, quicker and more polished content patches than any other dev out there. They announced SL only a short while ago and will deliver it this year. Bliz has had MoP in beta for much longer already...

Yes there are bugs, but want to lay money on MoP being bug free? anyone? nope thought not. You cant put content onto a live server environment and not get bugs in an MMO, it simply does not happen. But Trion act quickly to resolve them and in cases like this set it out clearly and plainly for the community as to why action was taken, what the results are, and fixed the problem, Not really sure what else they can do to be honest.

Deleted
    its sad how NQ were poitning fingers ( "they did use bugs before too")

and even zyzyx was butthurt over the removal of their world first. it is really sad how one of the best rogues turns out to be such a scrub, mentally.

anyway, grats SO for the world first and shame on nq for cheating it and then even bragging about their kill many weeks afterwards. sad

---------- Post added 2012-08-11 at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    OH REALLY NOW?! Blizz puts their content patches on the PTR for months at a time and Trion has a FAR shorter public testing cycle, yet their patches are no worse in quality than Blizzards.

Or are you still upset at the mount and coming into the forums to vent some of that anger?
    to be fair, conquest was a mess and could have used atleast 2 weeks or more of testing.

how do you get a massive amount of people to test mass scale pvp on the ptr you say? easy, reward an exclusive mount for participation instead of some titles that no one cares about. if they can push some mount for 15€ in the shop, they can also push one as a reward for testing critical features and making the game better.
    Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2012-08-11 at 06:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Even when they do, that's no guarantee that things will be hunky dory; exploits or developer inconsistencies have in many cases undermined the race to world first. (I enclose, for the sake of posterity, this post from Muqq when Blizzard banned Ensidia for the original LK 10 man world first http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/350...bannedandi.png - His rage in the end is just interesting to read.)

That having been said, thousands tested LFR and we still had several guilds banned in the race to DW heroic due to the loot exploit.

(I don't mean to single out wow, but these examples are off the top of my head)

I agree with Pure to a certain degree that devs should be made more responsible, but frankly speaking, I don't see a realistic scenario where bugs/exploits can be removed from the MMO genre, irrespective of the duration of testing and how many people are involved. I think that as long as the developers address these issues in a responsible and professional manner, I'm fine with the outcome.

i quite liked that rage

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was the bug as obvious as the Lich King one?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huge problem with Trion is they simply do not get this. Mist of Pandaria has been in testing since like January and won't be dropped until September?? while Trion is probably going to push out Storm Legion in like November???December?? and not a word about beta testing in mass.

This is too rich to see you bash on Trion now. This time last year they did no wrong.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Was the bug as obvious as the Lich King one?
    No, it was only doable by equipping multiple weapons with consumables and purposefully swapping them when using portals.
    The extent to which they exploited would have taken several minutes of deliberate preparation before each raid.

if you`re a hardcore raider like these top-end guilds, you KNOW these mechanics down to a beat and you know how they should work and what should happen, so when you see bugs or exploits like this and choose not to report them like you are supposed to when you are clearly aware of them, and instead use them to an advantage, how can you call yourself a good guild? "doing everything possible to be #1", yeah... that`s why I had so little respect for the #1 guilds back in TBC WoW, all they were made of was exploiting. Of course this isn`t WoW, but you can`t expect them to do nothing and go "our bad", sometimes a bug is so rare you could NEVER find it with normal testing, in fact a lot are found by accident.

the only way a bug like this goes unnoticed is if on one attempt the bug appears and you kill the boss, but more often than not the guild goes "hey, that`s not right! how did that happen? oh, okay, let`s do that again and again until we can use this bug to kill the boss."

Deleted
    I have respect to guilds with skill and commitement to trace exploits while others havent even figured out mechanics.
    But those exploits should be reported immediately to be fixed rather than being used to your own benefit.
    When you raid 40+ per week though, you re doing it for one reason, and that is world first rank.
    The idea that someone else has also discovered the exploit, use it for its own benefit, get world first from you and never been cought, can drive people that sacrifise so many things for world first to do things that they wouldnt other wise.
    So while i find that NQ was properly stripped of their world first, to see people bashing at them is sad.

I still insist that ID should be given a larger window for beta testing.
    And i still insist that SL XPac should be delayed if the devs are 100% certain for a bug free release in the end of Q4 2012.

100% certain? Kinda impossible.

Deleted

Dude, really? Although yes, Rift patches do have their own bugs, the fact remains that they release patches faster. Plus, it's not like WoW doesn't have bugs when released. Remember ICC and the bomb exploit? I do. Remember all the bugs at start of Cataclysm? I do. And so on. The fact remains that no matter how much you test a game, you'll never find all the bugs and exploits before you launch it. Why? Because you can't think of anything, I bet for example the creators of Counter Strike never thought that if you can climb your friends you could get on the roof of the maps. I bet the creators of Red Alert 2 never thought you could just take 2 zeppelins in the last soviet win and have and easy win.

It's a matter of finding a balance between testing time and releasing speed. I Trion has that balance with Rift. WoW... does not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    100% certain? Kinda impossible.
    Agree, shouldnt wright 100%, rather than that i should go with the "being confindent for a release with the less bugs possible"