Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Reality Check: The U.S. Government Created Al Qaeda

We don't need another war America.

Pfft, everyone knows Al Qaeda's are an American fabrication. Like all the other "Mexican food." Just like Fajitas and Enchiladas. You'll never find a restaurant in Mexico that serves Al Qaedas, they'll just look at you weird if you order one.

Of course the US will support terrorist groups when it benefits them.

Incoming mass amounts of 'it's a fox video can't be trusted'.

10+ Year Old Account
    The writers of these things must have the most epic drug supply...

It does take talent to be that cohesive and yet utterly brain fried...(Incase I wasn't being clear that's a 'no shit, really!?' from my end)

Also why is a piece of jerky with some noodles stapled to it talking to me at the start there...That's alarming.
    Or is it a muppet?

Edit: Right right, Muppets hate Fox... What IS that then!?
    Last edited by Aqua; 2012-08-10 at 08:12 AM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I didn't bother watching your video, but it is pretty well known that the USA does support, arm, and train organizations that will destabilize governments that they dislike.

Same deal with Fast & Furious, arming Mexican drug cartels to fight the other gangs.

SHOCKING NEWS! there are people who support Al Qaeda and also support Syrian independence! World may not be entirely black and white!
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    is/was there anyone who really didnt know that george bush sr. armed and trained osama bin laden when he was the cia chief? i'd be really surprised if anyone didnt already know this.

people wonder why pissed off people commit acts of terrorism. its pretty simple in the case of the WTC bombings. we trained and equipped osama and his boys to help repel the russians back in the 80s. as soon as that was done and accomplished we denounced them and turned our back on them.

lets flip the tables and put you in their shoes. how would you feel if big brother swooped in and said "hey we'll help you set up a democracy, overthrow the oppressors" and then as soon as its been taken care of, haul ass out of the region, and deem the very people you helped as terrorists.

is honestly anyone surprised about this kinda shit? it goes on everyday

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 08:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Same deal with Fast & Furious, arming Mexican drug cartels to fight the other gangs.
    exactly, and then we throw our hands up in the air when someone from the US is killed and claim innocence. if it wasnt for the loss of life it'd almost be hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Incoming mass amounts of 'it's a fox video can't be trusted'.
    Sorry, but if you want to bury your head in the sand in regards to Fox News and their almost total warmongering attitude (because it creates ratings), then that is your prerogative.

And I laughed so many times watching that video I thought I was watching a skit from the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

So many supposed "facts" stated as fact, when they are only twisting around the words of people they "interview" without actually STATING any facts, only using misdirection to attempt to prove context. Case in point, Hillary Clinton's interview. What she said was in regards to the Taliban (who also had roots in Pakistan), not Al-Qaeda. Not once in that small clip did she name ANY party. And immediately after that the "reporter" attempts to use the term "collateral damage" to draw the sympathetic heart, then utilizes UNPROVEN reports from their "sources" which are NEVER named aside from a single alias.

Honestly any more Fox News should just be called National Enquirer Television. It's so full of shit that any day now we'll hear that Obama is actually the love child of an Alien from P3X932 and a lesbian nazi catholic vegan preservationist with ties to the Watergate scandal and current tax reform.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    Sorry, but if you want to bury your head in the sand in regards to Fox News and their almost total warmongering attitude (because it creates ratings), then that is your prerogative.

And I laughed so many times watching that video I thought I was watching a skit from the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

So many supposed "facts" stated as fact, when they are only twisting around the words of people they "interview" without actually STATING any facts, only using misdirection to attempt to prove context. Case in point, Hillary Clinton's interview. What she said was in regards to the Taliban (who also had roots in Pakistan), not Al-Qaeda. Not once in that small clip did she name ANY party. And immediately after that the "reporter" attempts to use the term "collateral damage" to draw the sympathetic heart, then utilizes UNPROVEN reports from their "sources" which are NEVER named aside from a single alias.

Honestly any more Fox News should just be called National Enquirer Television. It's so full of shit that any day now we'll hear that Obama is actually the love child of an Alien from P3X932 and a lesbian nazi catholic vegan preservationist with ties to the Watergate scandal and current tax reform.
    "The origins of al-Qaeda as a network inspiring terrorism around the world and training operatives can be traced to the Soviet War in Afghanistan (December 1979 – February 1989).[76] The U.S. viewed the conflict in Afghanistan, with the Afghan Marxists and allied Soviet troops on one side and the native Afghan mujahideen"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda#History

"A CIA program called Operation Cyclone channeled funds through Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency to the Afghan Mujahideen who were fighting the Soviet occupation"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    is/was there anyone who really didnt know that george bush sr. armed and trained osama bin laden when he was the cia chief? i'd be really surprised if anyone didnt already know this.

people wonder why pissed off people commit acts of terrorism. its pretty simple in the case of the WTC bombings. we trained and equipped osama and his boys to help repel the russians back in the 80s. as soon as that was done and accomplished we denounced them and turned our back on them.

lets flip the tables and put you in their shoes. how would you feel if big brother swooped in and said "hey we'll help you set up a democracy, overthrow the oppressors" and then as soon as its been taken care of, haul ass out of the region, and deem the very people you helped as terrorists.

exactly, and then we throw our hands up in the air when someone from the US is killed and claim innocence. if it wasnt for the loss of life it'd almost be hilarious
    The US funded the Mujahideen to fight against what they perceived as anti American government taking power. Kahn was killed in 1978 and the communist PDPA had control of the Aghanistan. That's the regime the US was funding the Mujahideen to oppose. Their goal was to destabilize the country and force another regime change. It wasn't to fight the evil Soviets. That was just kind of a happy accident.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post

Yet another Fox News convert.

The CIA did NOT train or support Al-Qaeda. People constantly bring this up, and they are constantly put down with obvious reasons.

The CIA funded a large group of rebels fighting against Russia to keep Russia from gaining a foothold in the region that would have almost completely assured them dominance over the entire region, short of a complete military intervention that would have resulted in World War III.

The people you call "Al-Qaeda" are actually the Taliban. A bunch of male shovenist pigs suddenly find themselves with the power to influence their will, and took control of most of Afghanistan and parts of Pakistan, where they were already a predominant power.

So yes, we fucked up there. But really it was the lesser of two evils.

It wasn't until the late 80's and early 90's that the Taliban started to support Al-Qaeda. And that is when things started to happen. Al-Qaeda started bombing western targets. NOT before.

People get so righteous about things that they don't even understand. Try reading a book instead of spouting more bullshit that has already been disproven a million times.

What does this video have to do with FoxNews?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    What does this video have to do with FoxNews?
    The icon in the corner wasn't enough of a clue?

Um how is the cable channel Fox News relevant to this discussion? If you watched the video, you would realize it's a local channel, not the right-wing propaganda machine the lefties hate.

Fox 19 =/= Fox News

Fox 19 is a local channel in Cincinatti. http://www.fox19.com/ It's an affiliate of the Fox Broadcasting Company, not FoxNews. They show The Simpsons, American Dad, and Glee. Not O'Reilly and Hannity.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Um how is the cable channel Fox News relevant to this discussion? If you watched the video, you would realize it's a local channel, not the right-wing propaganda machine the lefties hate.

Fox 19 =/= Fox News
    It's a Fox subsidiary. You think they can put up what they want without Fox having some say in the matter?

It's a Fox subsidiary. You think they can put up what they want without Fox having some say in the matter?
    I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about. You realize that Fox News has violently attacked the show Glee numerous times. Glee is shown on the local broadcast stations, while Fox News is a 24/7 hate channel.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about. You realize that Fox News has violently attacked the show Glee numerous times. Glee is shown on the local broadcast stations, while Fox News is a 24/7 hate channel.
    Yes, I know what I'm talking about. I've seen more than a few times that the same bullshit propaganda reported by Fox News is then regurgitated on my own local Fox subsidiary.

Maybe you're lucky and have reporters that actually have balls and will risk their Fox license, but listening to that video, and the blatant inaccuracies presented, I'm willing to bet on NOT.