Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    No wonder so many quit and went back to D2. Cause of freedoom. Cause they can gank. Cause they can duel. Cause they can create games and do whatever they want freely.

Diablo 3 is a POS.
    Bleh I'm not that desperate to go back to D2; That's what PoE is there for. I'm still enduring D3 simply because well it does make me money so that's a good thing

Straight up, I've had the itch, the last few days, to fire up D3 again.

But I haven't, because it's a similar feeling as I've had with WoW before:

"Oh, they're fixing it in a patch... great.... which means right now it's 'broken', so I shouldn't waste my time yet"

... Except, this time, by the time they fix it, GW2 will be out

End of itch.
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Bleh I'm not that desperate to go back to D2; That's what PoE is there for. I'm still enduring D3 simply because well it does make me money so that's a good thing
    Yeah im going to try that game out. Hope it turns out to be the game i wanted D3 to be..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The game is fine. It's the players who aren't. I can't remember a single game from the past five years or so that would've been loved by the majority, that would've not had a bitter community crying how it's not good enough, and that wouldn't have died off.

Since WoW came, every single mainstream MMO has slowly faded away in the midst of huge outcry about how it was a failure and a disappointment.

Skyrim was much more of a mainstream game than Oblivion, let alone Morrowind, and it was labeled as a huge failure, again, by the vocal minority. People who still play it played Oblivion and Morrowind for years as well.

Games like Hellgate: London, Dungeon Siege 2 and 3, Torchlight (although it was basically just a demo), Titan Quest, and other Diablo clones were labeled as failures; Hellgate was supposed to be a huge online success. It wasn't. The Dungeon Siege -series declined with 2 and 3 and the atrocious movies from Mr Uwe.

Mass Effect 3 has been labeled as a failure, at least as far as the plot goes. Dragon Age 2 was labeled as a failure.

Seriously. It's not the games. Most of those games were just fine, some were great, some were exceptional. They just weren't good enough. Nothing is.

Then along comes Diablo 3, backed by a huge hype, and expected by the WoW community most of whom had no clue what Diablo was even about. You think it's going to be a success? You think people aren't going to be disappointed, and quit playing after they've whined and bitched for a few months?

I think it's obvious by now that every single game published from this point on will be a failure and a disappointment to the vocal minority. Unless of course someone creates an interface where you plug your brain in straight to a supercomputer and transfer yourself to a virtual world just as real as reality. Nah, even then someone will find something to cry about.
    Wait, did you play half of these games? Don't think I've heard anyone call Skyrim a failure... lol. Hellgate: London was just bad, even as far as MMO's go. Mass effect 3 wasn't labeled a failure either, just the ending sucked (because Bioware talked about how your personal choices in ME:1 and 2 would have a large impact on the ending of 3, which it didn't). Dragon Age 2 was said to be bad because it went from an intelligent RPG to a hack and slash button masher.

Deleted
    I'd like to see how PvP works out when we have people with 15k dps and 150k dps...

stopped reading at xfire, does that website still even exist? WHY does it still exists? even, why do people even still use xfire? also i like all the information and statistics that you posted about diablo 3 based on a streaming site that has been dead for years. well played sir.

Xfire lol.

It's like I'm really in 2002.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashandris View Post
    I'd like to see how PvP works out when we have people with 15k dps and 150k dps...
    I'm going to be entertained reading the official forums about when PVP is released

NERF
    NERF
    NERF
    NERF
    NERF
    NERF
    NERF

Need to try that out some day, quite interested in how Lineage Eternal will turn out as well as it looks really nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Attributes are pointless. They give you the illusion of choice while in reality you had none. You put STR just as much as you needed to wear your gear. You put DEX just enough to get max block (none if you had no shield), you put everything else in VIT.
    I disagree. You can make sorc with max block as well as vita. Same goes for druids. My ama has no points in vit (except from gear). You can even go for 50% block and rest vit.

You always have a choice.

I'm going to be entertained reading the official forums about when PVP is released

NERF

Normalized dps,
    500% bonus to all health,
    Junk like that.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it comes to me why I quit D3 is that its the same thing x4, nothing new and no end game just farming to waste your time but meh I might come back if they actually do something about endgame maybe when PvP launches and besides I've seen bad drops in act 3/4 but thats not the reason why I quit due to low drops its just... Nothing to actually after inferno and wasting time farming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    People complain that catering to the 1% of players for (mythic) raids is atrocious.

981 page thread about wanting Blizzard to cater to less 1% of the player base is downright giggle worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Wait, did you play half of these games? Don't think I've heard anyone call Skyrim a failure... lol. Hellgate: London was just bad, even as far as MMO's go. Mass effect 3 wasn't labeled a failure either, just the ending sucked (because Bioware talked about how your personal choices in ME:1 and 2 would have a large impact on the ending of 3, which it didn't). Dragon Age 2 was said to be bad because it went from an intelligent RPG to a hack and slash button masher.
    They've all received some harsh drubbings. Head on down to the video games forums, theirs a thread on Skyrim. Go through the mass effect 3 thread, hell I love the game and even I have criticisms about it. That's fine though and the guy you quoted fails to realize that Diablo is a beta game. The scale and size of the backlash for Diablo 3 dwarfs anything I've seen even from Blizzard fans. I mean when they announced Horde Paladins you'd thought that Blizzard had denounced the Messiah or something. Diablo 3 dwarfs that feeling by such a large scale...

---------- Post added 2012-08-12 at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    "What do you think is the main contributing factors that diablo 3 lost its replayability so quickly?"
    They changed the recipe just enough to spoil what made D2: LoD so good while at the same time not showing a great deal of meaningful innovation. In other words the game isn't d2 and it isn't different enough to be d3. IMO it's because the developers themselves lack any passion or love of the game or ARPGS in general. Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan. D3 is no ones baby it seems.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-12 at 05:13 PM.

Are you seriously talking about D3 being beta quality and bringing up ME3 and especially Skyrim?
    And yeah that's why we have so much detail in locations/animations/skills/sound and game plays incredibly smooth... because the devs don't have a passion for ARPG games...

Cut the crap, what people complain about in D3 they don't even get to experience in other games because they stop playing them long before that.
    Last edited by abijax; 2012-08-12 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    Are you seriously talking about D3 being beta quality and bringing up ME3 and especially Skyrim?
    Yes actually. Especially for a Blizzard product. In terms of actual coding d3 is great. In terms of design and dynamic it's a beta. Skyrim and Me3 may have coding issues but that's because they were coded for multiple platforms by and large and their designs were proven and not altered all that much. They are proven in other words regardless of the bugs in the coding and software.

Skyrim was completely broken balance and difficulty wise. From "classes" to "professions" everything was all over the place. Melee combat system was rudimentary, archery and stealth totally op and magic boring as fuck. And that's after having players make some REALLY good combat mods for Oblivion. Or maybe you would like to discuss the item system which let you get almost perfect gear just by visiting town vendors to gather bsmith mats?
    As a bonus you had the chance to get major bugs in the main quest lines.

As for ME3, I happened to play Vanguard and it was so broken even highest difficulty was too easy so I didn't care at all for any of the game systems until I played a bit of coop (and don't even dare insinuating that coop was more than alpha stage when people got to play it).
    Last edited by abijax; 2012-08-12 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    Skyrim was completely broken balance and difficulty wise. From "classes" to "professions" everything was all over the place. Melee combat system was rudimentary, archery and stealth totally op and magic boring as fuck. And that's after having players make some REALLY good combat mods for Oblivion. Or maybe you would like to discuss the item system which let you get almost perfect gear just by visiting town vendors to gather bsmith mats?
    As a bonus you had the chance to get major bugs in the main quest lines.

As for ME3, I happened to play Vanguard and it was so broken even highest difficulty was too easy so I didn't care at all for any of the game systems until I played a bit of coop (and don't even dare insinuating that coop was more than alpha stage when people got to play it).
    *sigh* I'm not talking about balance (although frankly D3 has a wealth of balance issues). I'm talking about design decisions on the part of the Diablo developers that should have been tested and hashed out in beta and either abandoned or reworked. The designs behind Skyrim and ME3 are solid and tried and true. Many of the designs behind D3 (RE: AH) aren't.

Even on your terms D3 is still a fucking beta by comparison. The game lacks balance on every level and is at least in part the reason pvp is taking so long.

Christ D3 isn't even feature complete. Me3 shipped with co-op. It's been how many months and were still waiting on pvp?
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-12 at 06:15 PM.

Sunday night 20.00: forming public games was 1168 in EU.

So hardly any difference with previous Weekends (1200 on prime time).

And these are just open games forming (compare it to the queue system in WOW to form dungeons).

1800 after patch 1.03 that was almost 10 weeks ago.

So in no way the loss is "massive" in game numbers with group forming.

In game figures are always rather accurate.

I think an activity loss in the last 10 weeks (patch 1.03 and the same calculation of public games) of around 40% is pretty normal. Players play less hours and those not liking it play it far less.

But in NO way is Xfire with its CLOSED box, non random, non changing samples ANY indication for ANY new game as the samples aren't scientific enough to be representative for ALL PC players.
    You can work with small samples but those samples need to be scientifically correct (changing, open and randomly).

---

So 40% less DAILY activity in IN GAME open groups forming is pretty normal for any new game after its launching period (3 months).

As some said, games like Skyrim don't even retain 60% player retention rates after playing it for 3 months.

And Diablo 3 is constantly supported in on line BattleNet for the coming months and years ...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-08-12 at 07:13 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone can say that it's not holding players like D2 did, since we don't know that. I know that for me personally and most of my friends from D2 it's very similar so far. D2 released and we played quite a bit for several weeks, then we stopped playing as much and then we stopped playing entirely. Then we started back up after a patch to see what was new/what was better/etc. We did the same thing after the expansion came out. In the end we were playing D2 for many years, but we weren't constantly playing it all those years. There were periods of 6-8 months where none of us even touched the game. D3 is at that point for me where I'm barely playing but I can already see when 1.04 comes out I'll be playing again.

Then I know that no matter how 1.04 goes I'll be interested in the next major patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I don't think anyone can say that it's not holding players like D2 did, since we don't know that. I know that for me personally and most of my friends from D2 it's very similar so far. D2 released and we played quite a bit for several weeks, then we stopped playing as much and then we stopped playing entirely. Then we started back up after a patch to see what was new/what was better/etc. We did the same thing after the expansion came out. In the end we were playing D2 for many years, but we weren't constantly playing it all those years. There were periods of 6-8 months where none of us even touched the game. D3 is at that point for me where I'm barely playing but I can already see when 1.04 comes out I'll be playing again.

Then I know that no matter how 1.04 goes I'll be interested in the next major patch.
    Exactly the same for me. I have piles of games I play often, and then go months or even years without playing until I get an itch to, and pick it up again.