Deleted

Engineering tinkers [MoP]

Does anyone else find it weird that all tinkers will now require a Tinkers Kit to be made? It would be fine and super convenient if this Tinkers Kit required old mats but as far as I can see on wowhead you will need MoP materials to make a Tinkers Kit. This means you wont be able to put the old tbc/wotlk tinkers on your items while leveling.

Eh, its only datamined... i'd let it play out before jumping to conclusions. Hopefully it will all make sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, personly I think it's quite stupid to get mats from a previous expansion for the enchants I use currently. Like Nitro Boosts and Flexweave. Looking at the Blacksmiths out there, they just visit their vendor, buy some cheap flux and bam, new socket.
    If they want to solve this "problem", making every enchant to require MoP-mats is just a temporary solution, because when the next expansion hits the market, they need to change it again.
    Just make this Tinkers Kit buyable from engineering supplier and everyone's fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DerSenf View Post
    Well, personly I think it's quite stupid to get mats from a previous expansion for the enchants I use currently. Like Nitro Boosts and Flexweave. Looking at the Blacksmiths out there, they just visit their vendor, buy some cheap flux and bam, new socket.
    If they want to solve this "problem", making every enchant to require MoP-mats is just a temporary solution, because when the next expansion hits the market, they need to change it again.
    Just make this Tinkers Kit buyable from engineering supplier and everyone's fine.
    I agree with you but the temporary "solution" is probably the worst solution. We would be better off with the current design because as I said how are level 70/80 twinks ever going to get tinkers now and how are the first people leveling to level 90 supposed to get those old tinkers.

Deleted
    I think none of the professions is close to being finished. Although I do believe that engineering is much further along than lets say blacksmithing. Either way the Tinkers Kit change has just been added during the last build, I think we will see it being updated again soon, along with other professions hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    how are level 70/80 twinks ever going to get tinkers now and how are the first people leveling to level 90 supposed to get those old tinkers.
    Auction house?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

I'm thinking we'll see an update on the Tinker's Kit eventually, seems a little wierd if you need MoP mats for it... Could end up being a thing you can make eventually with vendor mats or you just buy it from a vendor. We'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Mists of Pandaria, they already have the technology for the material requirements of a craft to change after you reach a certain level.

That's probably what's happening with old tinkers. They'll require Tinker's kits after 525 or so.

Im sure this is the same as jewelcrafters kit or w/e

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    In Mists of Pandaria, they already have the technology for the material requirements of a craft to change after you reach a certain level.

That's probably what's happening with old tinkers. They'll require Tinker's kits after 525 or so.
    Interesting Idea, but this could easily lead to hoarding Kits while your skill is low and the mats are cheaper. Unless they ad something that adjusts the "Usable at X" with the mats used to craft the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    I'm thinking we'll see an update on the Tinker's Kit eventually, seems a little wierd if you need MoP mats for it... Could end up being a thing you can make eventually with vendor mats or you just buy it from a vendor. We'll see.
    You can actually purchase a tinker kit from several engineer vendors on the beta currently; including jeeves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cwillia View Post
    You can actually purchase a tinker kit from several engineer vendors on the beta currently; including jeeves.
    You can buy Jeeves?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played in a while, could someone please tell me where I can learn new eng patterns? I'm a gnomish eng and I've been to the trainer in SW but can find nothing. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    You can buy Jeeves?
    no... you can buy tinkers kits from jeeves