Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    As a 25 man raider, I think the hammer works out better overall. Prism seems OK for melee healing so I may try that out occasionally. I wont touch the other one till its buffed (again)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    As a 25 man raider, I think the hammer works out better overall. Prism seems OK for melee healing so I may try that out occasionally. I wont touch the other one till its buffed (again)
    One thing which is important with Holy prism is that it heals for quite a bit (14523 to 17750 + 142.8% of SpellPower), which is almost as much as a divine light (15910 to 17725 + 149% of SpellPower) but is instant and 6.5 times less expensive. So even if you use it as a tank heal spell (wasting the AOE part), it is really helping your mana efficiency.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

It seems prism would be a nice burst heal (works with beacon now), lights hammer seems like a nice aoe heal. I wouldn't take execution sentence for healing, healing needs to be reactive to damage. Prism as an aoe heal seems like it would cause too much threat, and not very reliable as it heals only adjacent to target, but that is just imo.
    Last edited by Seani; 2012-08-14 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post

i think you're right, hammer would be much better in 25 man.

I've done both 10m and 25m (normal and heroic) in beta and I can tell you this:
    10m will use Holy Prism and 25m will use Light's Hammer.
    IMHO Execution sentence will be a pvp or tank/dps talent. It's almost a no-brainer.

That being said, I LOVE the play style of Holy Prism. Since judgement is basically useless - this is my favorite spell in 10m that sort of reminds me of judgment. You cast this on the mob ever 20 seconds and it does a considerable amount of aoe healing...or if you're in a pinch, you can Holy Shock + Holy Prism one target for some QUICK burst.
    For 25m's: the hammer + beacon transfer is just ridiculous. The only downside is: time it right, because if you don't, you'll have 43 seconds with no hammer (it has a 17 second duration I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    I've done both 10m and 25m (normal and heroic) in beta and I can tell you this:
    10m will use Holy Prism and 25m will use Light's Hammer.
    IMHO Execution sentence will be a pvp or tank/dps talent. It's almost a no-brainer.

That being said, I LOVE the play style of Holy Prism. Since judgement is basically useless - this is my favorite spell in 10m that sort of reminds me of judgment. You cast this on the mob ever 20 seconds and it does a considerable amount of aoe healing...or if you're in a pinch, you can Holy Shock + Holy Prism one target for some QUICK burst.
    For 25m's: the hammer + beacon transfer is just ridiculous. The only downside is: time it right, because if you don't, you'll have 43 seconds with no hammer (it has a 17 second duration I believe).
    So what you are saying is if I want to be a shockadin I should pick Execution sentence?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I think for a Shockadin, you'd probably want to take either
    Holy Prism - for leveling
    - or -
    Execution sentence if it's a boss fight.
    I'd probably go for holy prism since it's only a 20 second CD.