Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

suprised how fast this game sank

if this game couldn't atleast compete with WoW, i don't think any game can.

just goes to show you what a home run WoW has been since it came out. nothing can even DREAM of coming close. (yes even guild wars 2 wont touch WoW)
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 2012-08-13 at 08:59 AM.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    YeYeyayea ! Go WoW ! Go Blizzard ! You da besteh ! Whoooooooo !

Deleted
    Cool story bro.

I found I didn't get quite the social experience in Swtor that I did in wow. It just seems that way to me and that was enough to kill my experience.
    When the minecraft mmo hits wow is going down. lol.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

just goes to show you what a home run WoW has been since it came out. nothing can even DREAM of coming close. (yes even guild wars 2 wont touch WoW)
    HOLD ON JUST A MINUTE THERE BUDDY!

Are you telling me that because SWTOR crashed, GW2, a game that does not require a subscription and is very stylistically different from WoW, will not do well?

mind = blown

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 09:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    I found I didn't get quite the social experience in Swtor that I did in wow. It just seems that way to me and that was enough to kill my experience.
    When the minecraft mmo hits wow is going down. lol.
    The lacking social experience was probably because of the lack of players. I found after that after the initial month that came with purchase a lot of the population just disappeared.

It didn't surprise me one bit, it was flawed from the get go, and not very smooth. I didn't feel like I was on starwars ether, just a major disappointment to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't feed it. Not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

Even if you post on SWTOR part of forums, maybe mention in the post what game you're talking about.

An entire post just to make a statement, with no kind of explanation or opinion on why this is the case, is kinda redundant. Maybe just do it on your twitter where those kind of posts flurish.

Why do you need to compare the success of other mmo's in numbers to wow, you know it is possible to play more than one game and enjoy both without the need to go all fanboy. This entire discussion of potential wow killers is more about making you feel safe in your mmo choice than anything else, don't be so insecure it's just a game, not a life choice.

Last; You did clearly not play wow in its first year if you think it was such a homerun. The success came with time, and is a statement of how Blizzard ran things back then, than wow as a "homerun". They kept updating, improving, balancing ect. to become the polished game it is today.

Deleted
    According to the statements from EA, TOR's subscription is a little above 500k.
    Which, if you put it on mmodata.net, ranks 5th in MMORPGs.

Not only does this game not 'beat wow', it's a game that doesn't beat a whole lot of other games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic90 View Post
    According to the statements from EA, TOR's subscription is a little above 500k.
    Show me the precise line they say this please

if you can do that i'll believe you, but really your just pulling sttements out of ya butt like the other claim you've come up with "its F2P but you still have to buy the boxed game"

Deleted
    So what was the point of this thread again? We already know this.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    Show me the precise line they say this please

if you can do that i'll believe you, but really your just pulling sttements out of ya butt like the other claim you've come up with "its F2P but you still have to buy the boxed game"
    Am i missing something here, because they said it is going F2P untill level 50, but you -do-still have to buy the game first, so what he said is exactly correct on that part...?

quit making useless threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JR-Ewing View Post
    I find it funny how not only in game.. But even here all the pre-teen teddy bear/pokeman lovers continue to bash this game. Are you really that bored with that other antique that you come here and and run your traps? Says alot for what you have going on over there.

If you don't play this game, who cares if it sinks or not. All I can do is speak for myself.. It was the cure for that kiddie freebee adventure with an xpac coming up. So even if this game sinks.. I won't ever return to the terrible game.

So again, thanks BW. Thanks for giving curing me of that disease mentioned above.

Have a good day.
    Lol you call people here "pre-teen" Yet your insults are the most childish i have seen in a very long time

Also, crying about people complaining about Swtor while at the same time using childish insults against WoW looks a tad silly too=)

I find it funny how not only in game.. But even here all the pre-teen teddy bear/pokeman lovers continue to bash this game. Are you really that bored with that other antique that you come here and and run your traps? Says alot for what you have going on over there.

If you don't play this game, who cares if it sinks or not. All I can do is speak for myself.. It was the cure for that kiddie freebee adventure with an xpac coming up full of pokeman and teddy bears. So even if this game sinks.. I won't ever return to the terrible game.

So again, thanks BW. Thanks for giving me the cure for that disease mentioned above.

Have a good day.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 07:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Lol you call people here "pre-teen" Yet your insults are the most childish i have seen in a very long time

Also, crying about people complaining about Swtor while at the same time using childish insults against WoW looks a tad silly too=)
    /yawn.. Don't you have like another pet to go battle with? I also heard they are implementing a van with a free candy sign as a mount in that next xpac?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Am i missing something here, because they said it is going F2P untill level 50, but you -do-still have to buy the game first, so what he said is exactly correct on that part...?
    Mr Stark i thought you were an intellectual genius gradating MIT at like 11 years old!!

FREE TO PLAY

Not pay $15 to play, not pay $5 to play, not buy the game for 50 cents to play ..FREE

Now if common sense isnt your bag heres from their F2P FAQ ( which i could have expected anyone to actually read before they start spouting grandoise statements as if they are facts)

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6471

Anyone can download and play the game for free when the Free-to-Play option goes live. Or download the Free Trial and play to level 15 for free now. To check out the benefits of becoming a Free player, please visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/FREE

10+ Year Old Account

/yawn.. Don't you have like another pet to go battle with? I also heard they are implementing a van with a free candy sign as a mount in that next xpac?
    Awwwr bless, you have shown your age, and credibility here, and neither are very high

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    Mr Stark i thought you were an intellectual genius gradating MIT at like 11 years old!!

FREE TO PLAY

Not pay $15 to play, not pay $5 to play, not buy the game for 50 cents to play ..FREE

Now if common sense isnt your bag heres from their F2P FAQ ( which i could have expected anyone to actually read before they start spouting grandoise statements as if they are facts)

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6471

Anyone can download and play the game for free when the Free-to-Play option goes live. Or download the Free Trial and play to level 15 for free now. To check out the benefits of becoming a Free player, please visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/FREE
    Then i did miss something:P Touche sir, Touche

Credibility and such means a ton on these forums. Oh man, you sure got me

I wonder if that pedovan mount will be engineering?

10+ Year Old Account
    Credibility and such means a ton on these forums. Oh man, you sure got me

I wonder if that pedovan mount will be engineering?
    It actualy does, because people just wont take anything you say seriously, including me, if you want to troll, please do it on some other forum, we have enough of them here=/

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is going no where fast.