10+ Year Old Account

File sizes TOO BIG!

Ok, so I've got a bit of a dilemma... I have fairly slow internet speeds.

Speed - http://www.speedtest.net/result/2114827309.png

And I want to make videos of gameplay! Usings FRAPS however the file sizes are way to big! It takes literally around 3 days to upload one video with a fraps recording... how I can I make these file sizes smaller (After editing?)

I also have Xsplit, but it really strains my CPU and GPU, even though it does record smaller files...
    Call me House.

Try VirtualDub. It's free.

Here's the guide I used to learn how:
    http://maketecheasier.com/how-to-com...dub/2009/05/31
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-08-12 at 03:46 AM.

Edit the video as a smaller type of file using vegas or something, don't upload pure fraps. it is like 3 gigs per min at full screen or something stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    Ok, so I've got a bit of a dilemma... I have fairly slow internet speeds.

Speed - http://www.speedtest.net/result/2114827309.png

And I want to make videos of gameplay! Usings FRAPS however the file sizes are way to big! It takes literally around 3 days to upload one video with a fraps recording... how I can I make these file sizes smaller (After editing?)

I also have Xsplit, but it really strains my CPU and GPU, even though it does record smaller files...
    Got a couple of questions:

How big is way too big?
    Are you using any compression methods?
    How long are your videos?
    What resolution and fps are you recording at?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldarris View Post
    Got a couple of questions:

How big is way too big?
    Are you using any compression methods?
    How long are your videos?
    800 Mb+ are generally too big. Videos are usually 10-15 minutes long, I actually haven't recorded with Fraps in a while so theres really no compression method (Im probably wrong here, im a noob) I've been making my videos with Xsplit.
    Call me House.

For comparison purposes, using the guide I linked above, I took a video that was 123mb and brought it down to 2.5mb, with no noticeable loss in quality. Granted, it was only a 7 second video (recorded it to make an animated .gif) but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    800 Mb+ are generally too big. Videos are usually 10-15 minutes long, I actually haven't recorded with Fraps in a while so theres really no compression method (Im probably wrong here, im a noob) I've been making my videos with Xsplit.
    Thats raw footage you need to edit it b4 youtube would even accept it, 4minutes is huge

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Thats raw footage you need to edit it b4 youtube would even accept it, 4minutes is huge
    Raw 1080p video is about 7GB per minute. This can vary with the FPS of course.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-08-12 at 04:25 AM.