Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The way I see it is I earned that title. It wasn't class specific, after all. For me, I earned it on my mage, my mage who I hate playing now. Guess what, though? If DKs were around back then (well, as a playable class, at least) I'd probably have gotten it on that character too.

The thing is, I probably wouldn't even use it, but it would be nice to see it listed among all the other titles I have as it's part of my WoW history. This idea that I don't 'deserve' the title on another character because that's not what I earned it on is ludicrous. Once again, I earned that title through my own ability and perseverance in finding a raid of capable of doing the required steps. If it ends up not being available to my DK, well, that's fine but it's fairly silly to say that I shouldn't be "allowed" to have it.

---------- Post added 2012-08-12 at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zeophor View Post
    Whatever happened to RPGs being about developing and progressing a character? It's a troubling sign when people start to attach these achievements to themselves rather than to their characters.
    Uh.. the person playing IS the person who got the achievement. Your character isn't sentient.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lakara648 View Post
    WHY WAS IT REMOVED AMG!!!! Because after the patches it became very easy. Something that took months to do back in pre-nerf TBC time could now be done in about the space of a hour. Its there for people who worked for it. Same as the old PVP titles.
    Learn to read (OP complains about something TOTALLY different).

On topic: The title is tied to a quest, not an achievement. They can't make the title account-wide because that would contradict with some mechanics, which they don't plan to change as it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    there weren't certain classes that could only obtain the title. It was the players.

dk's and monks say "sup"

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    If this is the case then why are you making such a big deal about it?
    Harmless in the fact it will not alter prestige, e.g. If legendaries were transmogable, everyone can still obtain them at the present and the prestige would drop. A title that can no longer be obtained will still retain prestige, so there should be no harm in making it account wide.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fals View Post
    I'm paying my monthly fee just like everyone else so i also wan't to be able to get the title and see ALL the content!
    See what i did there?
    You do understand I have the title right, I earned it (not these WotLK babies). IMO bring back tbc way of raids, because I couldn't care less if I don't get t see all the content, you have to earn it, not this pathetic LFR crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Madoushi View Post
    You do understand I have the title right, I earned it (not these WotLK babies). IMO bring back tbc way of raids, because I couldn't care less if I don't get t see all the content, you have to earn it, not this pathetic LFR crap.
    This will only happen again if wow drops below 5 million subs, then they can reset there design concept again and maybe ask Jeff Kaplin to take some time out and help the current team a bit on how to make a epic game.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because, sir, you are so hardcore.

Blizzard acknowledges that you have gotten the title during the most impressive, intense, difficult and just best times in World of Warcraft. They want women of Alliance (or Horde) to fawn over you. They want men to be like you! They want to know what character you are and not some lowbie alt that was created during the disasters known as WotlK and Cataclysm.

I just think its bullshit, so much for allowing choice across choosing what main you wish to level. A title is harmless, not like you are making every legendary you obtain account wide, the hand of Adal title you can no longer obtain, so if 50,000 characters have it, you will only ever see that number. The prestige wont be less, god blizzard I know it's hard when you are earning millions of dollars from this ever declining gameplay, but perhaps one of you developers maybe capable of mentioning it at your bosses round table. Of course if he can hear you that is, with all that money in his ears.
    Can't have even more characters running around with it so other people can just look at it without being able to get it themselves. What are you thinking, exclusive items/titles can't excist anymore in the World of Warcraft. People will whine to no end that they can't have a 3 year old title by solo facerolling some 3 year old level 70 raid.

I didn't know about this way back then and when I completed it, turned out I was a day too late. :C
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

I earned that title on my warrior in TBC, you know when PVE was respectable, why not make it account wide?
    Close the thread. Baiting a TBC vs Cata / Mists thread.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ToxTheWrecker View Post
    I didn't know about this way back then and when I completed it, turned out I was a day too late. :C
    I think if you still have the quest, and the requirements met you can still earn the title. I recall a Blue Poster talking about it, I doubt then if that is true, or maybe I am going insane.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    You've put the groundwork down for a flamewar in your own thread in your first post. Good job fine sir.
    Well, it's the truth.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Learn to read (OP complains about something TOTALLY different).

On topic: The title is tied to a quest, not an achievement. They can't make the title account-wide because that would contradict with some mechanics, which they don't plan to change as it seems.
    IIRC it's a feat of strenght. How hard can it be to make that account wide?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    IIRC it's a feat of strenght. How hard can it be to make that account wide?
    I don't think it's about the difficulty of programming or whatever.

I think they want to make it somewhat like the Glad mounts, you have it on the char you obtained it with. Do a degree it makes sense and if they leave it like that, I will fully understand.

However, having more options for character is what I always liked, so I do IMO think it will be a good idea to make such title account wide. I won't get worked up about it, if it's not, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I know is this. If Dragonslayer is account-wide, then I'm set on titles FOR LIFE.

Crossing fingers.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I earned that title on my warrior in TBC, you know when PVE was respectable, why not make it account wide?
    Hey there, flamebait.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Well, it's the truth.
    It's more respectable to be at the top of something everyone can easily participate in than it is being in something restricted to only the 1% of the population that had 8 hours a day to piss away with BC grindfests

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoge View Post
    Hand of A'dal is meant to be filled with prestige I guess. Think of it this way: This title was special, since you could only obtain it before they removed the attunement for BT (or whenever they removed it). This was more of a proof that your character managed to clear a difficult task, and this was the reward. To give the title to every character on your account would be like they were throwing out titles like they didn't mean anything. Why would you want to have this title on a newly created character you've only played with for a couple of weeks? This character has not earned the title, and will not be getting it. Good. Now you know the significance of this title. It is not some cheap "The patient" or "Jenkins" title we are talking about.

I haven't read up on what achievements will be account wide, but it takes less than a genius to figure out that the "Scarab lord" title won't be account wide either. Is this a surprise to you? Well if it isn't, then HoA wouldn't come as such a big surprise either. Be glad that you have it on the character you earned it with, and move on to a new character with a fresh start if you aren't happy with it.
    But, in fact, THEY'RE throughing out titles like they dont mean anything. Any reason as to why my HoA title isnt account wide, but my Celestial Defender is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Izonami View Post
    Uh.. the person playing IS the person who got the achievement. Your character isn't sentient.
    It's a Role Playing Game. You play the role of a character, that character earned the achievement and it should be attached to that character. Attaching it to the account not only completely breaks immersion, but sends a signal that people are thinking this title is attached to them instead of to their character. It's like you're no longer playing the game to develop your character, but to develop your own self-worth. I find that very troubling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm that after leveling my Monk to 85(yeah, I skipped the pre-made) that I do in fact have my Hand of A'dal title on him. It is indeed glorious.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Hand of A'dal is a rare and sought-after title, and as so I'd not like to see Death Knights and level 1 banking alts running around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    Perhaps because when people see it they'd assume whatever character you are on was around during BC? Doesn't seem like that would be a major deal but perhaps that is the reasoning. Makes me wonder if mounts that are no longer obtainable are also restricted.
    They aren't. I can ride around on my Zul'Aman bear and my Swift Zhevera all I want. It actually is quite unfair.

Yet another thing making me less excited for this expansion. Sigh.

Between the forced rep grinds, the BoP spirits, and all the paladin nerfs I'm tempted to just cancel my pre-order at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, I saw a post from someone a short while ago saying their Hand of A'dal was shared across their characters now.

Quote Originally Posted by greenn View Post
    achievement account wide titles have been working for awhile now :\
    They still don't work on the beta. They may be referring to that, not the PTR.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |