Famously didn't speak to the BBC for years after their documentary which featured his Son (football agent), pretty sure he's shitcanned other reporters too but lets be honest, he's not the only manager to pull that, he just happens to be one of the few who actually got away with it! Mind you it probably never shows you down south (or abroad) but he does a TON of stuff for local charities in Govan where he grew up, he gets up every once in a while and doesn't have any airs or graces just happy to sit down and gossip with people he's known for years.

Not bad for someone who's got a reputation for being an angry motherfucker!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

I'm wondering if a leaderless Man City that just lost the FA cup to Wigan and lost the EPL title to Man Utd two weeks ago might be possible for us to beat next weekend...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'm wondering if a leaderless Man City that just lost the FA cup to Wigan and lost the EPL title to Man Utd two weeks ago might be possible for us to beat next weekend...
    Is mancini going though, they're being awfully quiet about whats happening.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Video clearly shows at worst hes level, off side rule says the benfit of the doubt is to the attacker. Anyway good job on dragging up a post from 3 weeks ago, truly pathetic, I groaned when I saw your post was on my subscription, I dont have many on ignore list but you're now one of them, this necro just validates my theory you're just looking to antagonise, much like your pathetic nazi comment. And before you say it, I am calm.[COLOR="red"]
    rofl, it's clearly offside stop defending it.
    and yeah because I type "football season" and the first page to show up is the page with that post so calm down ^_^

I hope mancini leaves or get sacked something, he's shit.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Way to bring up a 3 week old subject EqualWin, I'm sorry but I have to agree with draykorinee on this, if he's offside it's extremely marginal and the attacker gets the benefit of the doubt, and you can ask any poster here, I always try to remain as unbiased and neutral as possible, even as a United fan. If I thought it was clearly offside, I'd say it. It was a fantastic pass, and an absolutely world class volley, probably on the list of goals of the season for me. But anyway, back to the present.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is when you had tossers like Alan Green spewing shit about Ferguson, he was right to ban them. Why entertain people who show you, your job and your club disrespect?

More managers should act the way Sir Alex did.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Way to bring up a 3 week old subject EqualWin, I'm sorry but I have to agree with draykorinee on this, if he's offside it's extremely marginal and the attacker gets the benefit of the doubt, and you can ask any poster here, I always try to remain as unbiased and neutral as possible, even as a United fan. If I thought it was clearly offside, I'd say it. It was a fantastic pass, and an absolutely world class volley, probably on the list of goals of the season for me. But anyway, back to the present.
    His foot is beyond the defenders which does make it offside, but who cares at this point? I'm sure Man United would've scored some more goals if that wouldn't have counted.

PSG have turned down Real's offer for Ancelotti today. It's gonna be a looong summer.

EDIT: Roberto Mancini has been fired from Man City. Pellegrini inc.
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-05-13 at 09:37 PM.
    Ohio State Buckeye

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22507128

Developing story on Roberto Mancini being fired from Man City.

I have no idea why they think that Pellegrini would be able to do any better. Should have given Mancini another season at the very least. But that seems to be the way that teams deal with losing: fire the manager. Doesn't matter that the players wouldn't play together as a team if they were at gunpoint. Nope, it was the manager.

OK, he wasn't the best. But changing the manager like that isn't going to help.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Thing is when you had tossers like Alan Green spewing shit about Ferguson, he was right to ban them. Why entertain people who show you, your job and your club disrespect?

More managers should act the way Sir Alex did.
    Good point, but as I said, my Dad can be a miserable dick sometimes, so really half of the shit he spews out should probably go in one ear and out the other in my case. I remember when I mentioned Giggs had made a fantastic pass in one of the matches months ago he started spewing out stuff about Giggs having an affair or something. Frankly I don't give a rats arse about players personal lives, unless it is something worrying like Fletcher's bowel problems he's dealing with etc.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-05-13 at 09:53 PM.

FA Youth Cup 2013 champions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22507128

Developing story on Roberto Mancini being fired from Man City.

I have no idea why they think that Pellegrini would be able to do any better. Should have given Mancini another season at the very least. But that seems to be the way that teams deal with losing: fire the manager. Doesn't matter that the players wouldn't play together as a team if they were at gunpoint. Nope, it was the manager.

OK, he wasn't the best. But changing the manager like that isn't going to help.
    Pellegrini has a lot of experience with clubs like this. He got a then record number of points with a completely new Real Madrid and this year he was on the brink of qualifying for the UCL semi finals. He's much better than Mancini and plays attractive football.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Pellegrini has a lot of experience with clubs like this. He got a then record number of points with a completely new Real Madrid and this year he was on the brink of qualifying for the UCL semi finals. He's much better than Mancini and plays attractive football.
    Of course, this is assuming he even wants the job. I mean, when people categorically state they have no current plans to take on a job it usually means they want it a lot and Man City would be stupid to let Mancini go without a new manager lined up, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just clarifying why I think Pellegrini would do a lot better than Mancini.
    Ohio State Buckeye

because pellegrini do good usually.. and play good football unlike mancini
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

I'll be honest, sacking Mancini isn't going to solve any of the problems at Man City, if anything it's going to make them worse because now the players do not have any sense of blame, it's all been put on the manager - the manager might not have won the league, but the mercenary's in the shirts didn't win it either. What did win the Premiership this year was nothing but grit, determination and a hellish torrent of anger at losing it last year, because when City won the Premiership last year the guys at Utd hurt and they played with a chip on their shoulder about it. You could have had Jesus Christ as the manager with every major religious deity in the starting 11, Hugh Hefner, Yoda & the Avengers on the bench and they wouldn't have won the Premiership this year, not a hope in hell.

It's going to wind up like Chelski, players who don't feel the sting when they're not crowned Premiership champs, but that shit just doesn't sail at Old Trafford, I bet you that every day in training you had guys at Carrington fizzing about losing the title, guys who felt stiffed by it and they wouldn't rest until that had been corrected. With teams like City & Chelski you don't have that as a rule, it's a case of they didn't win the championship, oh well, there's always next year and they'll continue like that until such times as they learn the reason United win titles isn't because of one man, but it's because of a mindset - second place is abject failure and that will not be tolerated. Where that mindset exists with clubs like that isn't in the dressing room, it exists in the mind of the owner, second place is abject failure, sack the coach.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I know when I saw Neil Lennon pick up the SPL trophy the past two years I've been pissed, not because Celtic won the league, but because Rangers lost it and it hurts, that's the sort of mindset you need from your players, look at that and say to yourself I NEVER want to see that again. I know the majority of you will feel that way about your clubs, but when you have a team which is 90% imported goods who are only there because the paycheque is obscene that just doesn't exist on the pitch - because they don't care, sure they'll lose a bonus for winning the league, but what the hell, not their problem, coach will be sacked and at worst they'll be sold on to another high payday. Despite the fact my team won a championship this year I still feel mad watching Lennon pick up the trophy because if I don't then it's accepting being second best - when that happens, I'll walk away from football, I don't buy that bullshit that it's the taking part that counts!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

but when you have a team which is 90% imported goods who are only there because the paycheque is obscene that just doesn't exist on the pitch - because they don't care, sure they'll lose a bonus for winning the league, but what the hell, not their problem, coach will be sacked and at worst they'll be sold on to another high payday.
    Split up the pay cheque:

10% they get normally, that is their monthly salary.

Then the rest is split up into bonuses:

30% if they win the league
    30% if they win the FA Cup
    30% if they win the Champions' League

10+ Year Old Account
    That is the worst idea ever. Why would they not be allowed to earn that much money if the Sheikhs or Perez want to pay it? Splitting it doesn't motivate them in any way.
    Ohio State Buckeye

15+ Year Old Account
    So, seems Ribéry is extremely pissed his teammates threw beer over him even though he asked and warned them not too in advance as it goes against his religion. "I'm never going to talk to Boateng again", wonder how that's gonna work out in the team, heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    City are absolute idiots. The club across the road are about to go through the single biggest transition in over a quarter century at the club, there's more instability there than there will be for at least another decade.

What do you do? Sack your manager and piss away the one advantage you have.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

they are like that cuz money, they want to get bigger they have money, sack mancini is the right thing, man city is just players the strategy and everything else sucks
    - Ronald Koeman.