10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Now I'm already known for a loathing of Leeds United and their fans, but I'm not going to whitewash an entire club by the actions of an individual.

But that individual is an absolute shitstain on English football, may the law come down on him as heavy as possible. What other actions that took place from the Leeds United supporters only enforces my belief. I feel sorry for the few supporters they have that are decent people.

---------- Post added 2012-10-20 at 12:47 AM ----------

Just realised the above post is without context for those who haven't seen it.

Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-10-19 at 11:16 PM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I'd heard about it on the BBC website but hadn't seen it, what a bell end, but what shocks me is the absolute lack of security there - where the hell were they? I've been to domestic football (both SPL & D3), European football, international football, hell even OLYMPIC football and you honestly are never any more than I'd say about 10m away from a G4S goon at any time, granted half of them look like they can't be arsed, but they're there! But that scene was bad, I thought it was a lone nugget but no, there's a fair few of them on the pitch there, that's just just bad, that's abysmal, Leeds United should be ashamed, but I'm not gonna pull any punches, Sheffield Wednesday should be taken to the damn cleaners over this!

There's always a possibility of a random idiot getting onto the pitch, but that's unbelievable that can happen at such a scale, whoever handles security at Hillborough needs to be sacked over this. As for the prick who hit Kirkland, well, lets just say not bloody smart - you're on national TV (this was on Sky) no doubt in HD so there'll be a nice clear picture of you which will wind up being identified and you go and do something like that, I know I can be a bit harsh, but people that fucking thick shouldn't be allowed to breed.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    but what shocks me is the absolute lack of security there - where the hell were they?
    Because the place hasn't been in the news enough recently?

Hillsborough.

Also the guy has pretty much been outed already, not arrested but his facebook page has been made public, the guy is already serving a life ban from all grounds in the UK. He got in via a friend's ticket and membership card.

I know Hillsborough had been in the news plenty over what happened previously but has there been recent issues with their security? Either way it goes like I said, it's not rocket science (Rangers have even had more than a few wee beauties doing security - I'm sure they're there to control us impressionable men!). As for the guy, he'll be arrested shortly but c'mon surely we have the technology to use facial recognition to stop these bozos getting into grounds otherwise it's all a bit redundant dishing out these banning orders.

10+ Year Old Account
    scholesy still cant tackle to save his life and yay RvP Rooney combo

hes lucky to still be on after that 1

Today's our first derby of the season, we're playing my late Grandad's favourite team Queens Park today which made me giggle a bit, never thought I'd ever see the day where we played them in the league but hey, that's the breaks I guess - if we don't beat them my life will be hell as the parental unit also supports them!

10+ Year Old Account
    And midway through work today I realised I forgot to do my predictions again, ah well.

He scores where he wants, he scores where he wants, that Wayne Rooney, he scores where he wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't watch the game but how did Norwich beat Arsenal?

Yeah Norwich won. Another good win for Boro, 0-1 Away at another of our playoff rivals Brighton, i think thats 6 points from 2 away games, and 4 away wins on the bounce, slowly creeping up the table! and i won £150 form the bookies so all in all a good saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    I didn't watch the game but how did Norwich beat Arsenal?
    Not sure, especially given the game stats:

Possession: 38% - 62%
    Shots: 7 - 13
    On Goal: 3 - 7
    Corners: 2 - 10

I guess Arsenal couldn't pull it together (and I am so happy for Norwich to get their first win of the season).

Next week: Aston Villa, I hope we show Lambert what a pillock he was for changing team. You can probably tell which team I support (hint, look at the avatar )
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-10-21 at 01:32 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arsenal was the same Arsenal as they have been the last seasons, barcelona light, with loads of possession but nobody to score or make the final pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to say but ffs Man City bloody did it again, scoring to win in the last minute after they were initially down 0-1. As a United fan I know I can't speak but how many times have City done this this season? Way more than United if I'm not mistaken. I had both games on, was funny to see Rooney score headers for and against his team ;D And I was quite pleased to see City go behind but then of course I should have known they'd come back to win it in the last minute -_-

Next weekend Chelsea and then Chelsea again in League Cup match... urgh :P United going to have to really step up if they want to win this, Chelsea are looking pretty damn good contenders for taking the title this year.

Deleted
    I don't really have high hopes - the team has looked poor so far and the refereeing at Stamford Bridge is normally questionable to say the least. Though last time we did get 2 penalties (From 3-4 Stone wall appeals though) we shall see how it goes, Champion's league this week too.
    The record for most goals scored in a calendar year is 75 by Pele. Messi is at 71 and we're still in October. He's going to demolish that record.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    Arsenal was the same Arsenal as they have been the last seasons, barcelona light, with loads of possession but nobody to score or make the final pass.
    It's funny to read all those fire Wenger comments and we need to buy more players after the game.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    It's funny to read all those fire Wenger comments and we need to buy more players after the game.
    And they'll still finish top 4 after a mid season rally.

And everyone will go "How did that happen"?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    I'll never think firing a manager especially one like wenger should be done early/mid season it should be done late or right after the season is over but I don't want wenger to leave, wouldn't mind seeing Guardiola eventhough I don't think highly of him I can't deny seeing him in arsenal wouldn't be a bad step redeeming himself :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    I'll never think firing a manager especially one like wenger should be done early/mid season it should be done late or right after the season is over but I don't want wenger to leave, wouldn't mind seeing Guardiola eventhough I don't think highly of him I can't deny seeing him in arsenal wouldn't be a bad step redeeming himself :P
    As long as Wenger brings CL football they will never fire him, and i think they are right. No other manager can replace Wenger from the get go. We would have to cope with a couple of sub-par if not even no EU football seasons, or even worse become like Liverpool
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So many red cards this weekend

The nugget who slapped Kirkland got 16 weeks in jail, SIXTEEN WEEKS for assaulting someone, that's pathetic! He's also been hit with a 6 year banning order, apparently he'd drank 3/4 a litre of vodka & over 10 pints of cider - at which point I question just how the hell did that get into a football ground?

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone gave him their ticket.

Question is who, because they need banning as well.

The actual length of the sentence is a joke. The guy who was swimming during the boat race got six months, this guy doesn't even get four.