Deleted
    These refs tho, where do they find them. Absolutely shocking some of them.

Well, England failed to put away our chances in the first half and it cost us the win. Second half was good, I like some of our players a lot, we have people that can go at defenders and create chances.

Im still not convinced about Milner, I just dont see how he fits, if we had a Carrol in the box then Id say ok, Milner is probably a better crosser of the ball than any of our other wingers, but currently we're keeping the ball on the floor to get into the box and while he has picked a few good passes he generally doesnt beat defenders himself (although Ill give him credit for a great run in the second half there.)

I still think Carrol has a place in the team, Id like to see him in there with Defoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ref is from Turkey.....

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    The ref is from Turkey.....
    He couldnt stab the England players so he just gave them bookings.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has also refereed the UEFA Europa League Round of 32 match Manchester City-Dynamo Kyiv on 17/3/2011, which ended in a 1-0 win for City, but Dynamo Kyiv advanced to the next round after winning 2-1 on aggregate. Çakır sent off Mario Balotelli and dished out eight yellow cards.

On June 18, he also officiated the Euro 2012 match between Italy and Ireland where he was very precise when it came to ensuring the correct distance from the ball to the defenders wall, though he also angered the Irish by sending off Keith Andrews one minute before the end of the game.

On June 27, 2012, he officiated the Euro 2012 semi-final match between Portugal and Spain. Çakır has shown 9 yellow cards in this match in 120 minutes.

Well shit we got lucky kinda

Oh shit its that ref. Seriously, how is that guy still an official in internationals?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well, England failed to put away our chances in the first half and it cost us the win. Second half was good, I like some of our players a lot, we have people that can go at defenders and create chances.

Im still not convinced about Milner, I just dont see how he fits, if we had a Carrol in the box then Id say ok, Milner is probably a better crosser of the ball than any of our other wingers, but currently we're keeping the ball on the floor to get into the box and while he has picked a few good passes he generally doesnt beat defenders himself (although Ill give him credit for a great run in the second half there.)

I still think Carrol has a place in the team, Id like to see him in there with Defoe.
    Dyer, that is the answer. Millner is quality tho. I don't think England can relly on Carrol and I don't think that at a major tournament 4-4-2 is a suitable formation. Then again I think that players are coached soo much in the UK to play the percentage game that they are incapable of playing 4-5-1 or 4-3-3, or even a fluid formation that combines the two.

Team GB tried to play the fluid system, and only once against Korea did they manage to move the Korean side. Unfortunetly Bertrand passed the ball into touch, the crowd bood and the fear set in. They resorted to pumping the ball into the channels, unfortunetly with one up top there is no one feeding off it.

Also if England do go with Carrol then I think you need to partner him with Defo, someone who has a bit of pace to run on to any flick on. Rooney is different class compared to these two, and I don't think he and Carrol would be as effective.

Im not sure where you fit Rooney in, he could probably play off Defoe better than he could off Carrol thats true. Maybe just keep Carrol around for when you want 3 up front when Rooney is fit and in the squad.

Im also slightly surprised we are seeing Betramd in the England squad ahead of Gibbs, I fully had Gibbs down as the next Ashley Cole.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game wise that was a loss regardless England had some good chances they didn't score. If ball didn't hit Khacheridi's hand they would loose
    And referee worked close to perfect.
    Also, I cannot mention first Cleverly's chance when Gerrard crossed and that guy (seems that was Defoe) was in offside

Sadly, Devic had some health problems, he wanted to revenge that goal he scored on euro

Edit: I can't understand what referees mistakes you are talking about? Penalty for Welbeck?
    Last edited by Tomikadzi; 2012-09-11 at 09:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Calm down guys, no need to start making comments you might regret. While I've seen plenty of poor refereeing decisions, it's not like FIFA pick these people off the streets and ask them to referee a game. They're trained, they also have assistants. Yes they sometimes make errors, but the chances of referees making big mistakes is still a minority (I'm not going to start spouting percentages as I don't have any). They're only human after all, but they're highly trained, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to referee these games. There are definitely more good referees than bad.

That said, of course it is frustrating when a referee makes a bad call, many times swaying the match in the favor of the other team, but it doesn't happen that often.

However, this is why we need better technology in the game, so referees can have assistance when they're not completely sure. I think if anything, the blame should be put on FIFA for not having better technology in the worlds most popular sport. They have it in Rugby, why not in football...

Anyway, it seems both my national teams drew tonight against an opponent they probably should have won against. I was just back from the cinema, ready to watch my recording of the Belgian match, and I receive a message on my phone. I carefully look to see if it is a text message, and it isn't. I then look better and suddenly I see it's from one of the Belgian newspapers, and before I could stop reading, BLAMO in my face, the final score. If this phone hadn't cost so much it would be in pieces on the floor right now, I was looking forward to watching the game and not knowing the score -_- Well there went that plan...
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-09-11 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomikadzi View Post
    And referee worked close to perfect.
    Close to perfect? Seriously? He had a pretty awful night all around imo. I hadnt even seen the disallowed goal til now as well, the refs performance was a complete joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Calm down guys, no need to start making comments you might regret. While I've seen plenty of poor refereeing decisions, it's not like FIFA pick these people off the streets and ask them to referee a game. They're trained, they also have assistants. Yes they sometimes make errors, but the chances of referees making big mistakes is still a minority (I'm not going to start spouting percentages as I don't have any). They're only human after all, but they're highly trained, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to referee these games. There are definitely more good referees than bad.

That said, of course it is frustrating when a referee makes a bad call, many times swaying the match in the favor of the other team, but it doesn't happen that often.

However, this is why we need better technology in the game, so referees can have assistance when they're not completely sure. I think if anything, the blame should be put on FIFA for not having better technology in the worlds most popular sport.

Anyway, it seems both my national teams drew tonight against an opponent they probably should have won against. I was just back from the cinema, ready to watch my recording of the Belgian match, and I receive a message on my phone. I carefully look to see if it is a text message, and it isn't. I then look better and suddenly I see it's from one of the Belgian newspapers, and before I could stop reading, BLAMO in my face, the final score. If this phone hadn't cost so much it would be in pieces on the floor right now, I was looking forward to watching the game and not knowing the score -_- Well there went that plan...
    From watching premiership football regularly, I can safetly say that standard of officials on dispaly has been shocking. I saw a holwer of a ref from Sweden in the game on Friday and tonight the ref from Turkey had a howler too. There needs to be tougher mesures in place. Remember it is ment to be a equal playing field and that includes the standard of officials.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Close to perfect? Seriously? He had a pretty awful night all around imo. I hadnt even seen the disallowed goal til now as well, the refs performance was a complete joke.
    a) he whistled before goal was scored
    b) Defoe slapped Yarmolenko, replay showed it and referee was too close to see it.

b) Defoe slapped Yarmolenko, replay showed it and referee was too close to see it.
    Slapped? In what world is an accident slap a reason to call back play? Theyre meant to be playing football, not some kinda of ballerina crap.

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 11:29 PM ----------

Also oh dear Wales, what happened tonight? Need more Gareth Bales on the pitch! Did Wales just fall apart after Speed died? I thought they were undergoing a resurgance under him, was kinda expecting it to carry on as its the same group of players still isnt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Defoe didn't touch his face....

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Slapped? In what world is an accident slap a reason to call back play? Theyre meant to be playing football, not some kinda of ballerina crap.
    A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
    trips or attempts to trip an opponent
    jumps at an opponent
    charges an opponent
    strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
    pushes an opponent
    tackles an opponent

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/la...d=1290868.html

Was there a strike?

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
    trips or attempts to trip an opponent
    jumps at an opponent
    charges an opponent
    strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
    pushes an opponent
    tackles an opponent

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/la...d=1290868.html

Was there a strike?
    Nope there wasnt. A strike is a deliberate hit with the hand.

Deleted
    Im not sure where you fit Rooney in, he could probably play off Defoe better than he could off Carrol thats true. Maybe just keep Carrol around for when you want 3 up front when Rooney is fit and in the squad.

Im also slightly surprised we are seeing Betramd in the England squad ahead of Gibbs, I fully had Gibbs down as the next Ashley Cole.
    Think if England go three upfront then they need to work away from a big target man, and get Wingers that are tricky and can tuck in or forwards that can play wide. Rooney, and Wellbeck can.

BTW I think Wellbeck is an absolute fantastic player. There is always something that he does that impresses me, be it his manner, his determination, his ganglyness (reminds a bit of Asprilla or Wanchop (spelling)), or his quickness of thaught. Probably the most exciting prospect out of Manchester United since the generation of Giggs and Scholes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyrddinGwyllt View Post
    From watching premiership football regularly, I can safetly say that standard of officials on dispaly has been shocking. I saw a holwer of a ref from Sweden in the game on Friday and tonight the ref from Turkey had a howler too. There needs to be tougher mesures in place. Remember it is ment to be a equal playing field and that includes the standard of officials.
    I'm sorry but I can't help but feel your love for your team is making your opinions biased. I watched that very same game Friday and I thought the ref made pretty decent decisions, and was overall fine (not brilliant, but did the job fine).

Quote Originally Posted by MyrddinGwyllt View Post
    Think if England go three upfront then they need to work away from a big target man, and get Wingers that are tricky and can tuck in or forwards that can play wide. Rooney, and Wellbeck can.

BTW I think Wellbeck is an absolute fantastic player. There is always something that he does that impresses me, be it his manner, his determination, his ganglyness (reminds a bit of Asprilla or Wanchop (spelling)), or his quickness of thaught. Probably the most exciting prospect out of Manchester United since the generation of Giggs and Scholes.
    He also has a funny shaped head.

Just sayin'

<3 Welbeck and <3 United.