Deleted
    Really don't envy the teams playing in Russia in mid February.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shaktar - Dortmund and Arsenal - Bayern is my favorite games, obviously gonna watch real - united aswell but rest of the games doesn't really intresst me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well bollocks...

I don't know much about Madrid, anyone play for them I've heard of?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Crap, that's United out of the CL lol... will be a cracking game to watch though, I hope.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Well bollocks...

I don't know much about Madrid, anyone play for them I've heard of?

I heard this guy Zidane used to play for them!

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Crap, that's United out of the CL lol... will be a cracking game to watch though, I hope.
    Madrid have been ass this season. You have every possibility of beating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Madrid have been ass this season. You have every possibility of beating them.
    Madrid already know that La Liga is over and im sure they will focus so hard on CL.. look how behind they are on La Liga..

Deleted
    Aye, La Liga is pretty much over for them, 12 points behind already, that means they'll focus hard on the CL. They always seem to be able to pull it together for big games. And this is certainly a big game.

Personal achievement - I'm going to get to see Ronaldo play live. /Giddychild off.

10+ Year Old Account
    UEFA excludes 6 clubs from future UEFA competitions
    Málaga CF (ESP) 4 seasons
    HNK Hajduk Split (CRO) 3 seasons
    NK Osijek (CRO) 3 seasons
    FC Rapid Bucureşti (ROU) 3 seasons
    FC Dinamo Bucureşti (ROU) 3 seasons
    FK Partizan (SRB) 3 seasons
    Poor Málaga

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    Poor Málaga
    They'll exclude teams for not paying their bills, but they won't exclude them for the conduct of their fans and players. Typical.

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo says he will not celebrate if he scores against Manchester United. "I won't celebrate if I score," Ronaldo, who spent six years with the Reds, told Spanish newspaper AS.
    "It is thanks to Manchester United that I play for Real Madrid. Without them, I wouldn't be the player I am today."
    Seems like a nice gesture to his old club.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20816663
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-12-22 at 01:45 AM.

To be fair aren't they banning them for not paying tax as opposed to not paying the "bills"? Had Rangers still been in the SPL this season I suspect we'd have found our way onto that list as well due to that piece of trash Craig Whyte not paying HMRC during his year in charge, what I find disgusting is that while they have no problem in kicking people out for tax stuff they're not doing anything about debt! While I know the EPL/La Liga fans will scream about turnover & net worth the truth is a lot of clubs who also happen to spend a shitload on transfers have a shitload of debt - sure it's all good going after those who don't pay their taxes, but what about those who have millions of euro's in debt but are still happy to pay £30m on a player?

Not that it matters, I said it before and I'll say it again, UEFA will never ban a top side from European competition - United could have massive tax debt and UEFA would do diddly squat, same with the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, AC Milan et all, not casting any doubt on any of their tax affairs, but hypothetically speaking. They'll only take that action against minor league clubs & "small" clubs in the big 4 (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga)
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post

Seems like a nice gesture to his old club.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20816663
    Slightly surprised that he has said that, just kinda didnt expect it from him. I guess if he scores and knocks Utd out though they can claim credit for bringing around their own downfall :P

I wonder what kinda reaction he'll get, Beckham always seems to get amazing reactions when he returned to Old Trafford.

To be fair aren't they banning them for not paying tax as opposed to not paying the "bills"?
    I read it is both dues to UEFA and/or the domestic league as well as money owed to the tax authorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I wonder what kinda reaction he'll get, Beckham always seems to get amazing reactions when he returned to Old Trafford.
    Considering we still sing his name week in week out, I expect nothing less than "Fergie, sign him up" chants. That'll be a fantastic pair of games, still think Jose is the successor to Sir Alex's crown.

Quick fantasy football tip, if anyone's got the Toure brothers, or any other African footballer in their lineup, check they're going to be available in January, most will be playing in the ACoN.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    More Fantasy tips:
    Arsnal vs West Ham game is postponed so if you bought Cazorla remember that for next week. Also if Wenger keep playing Theo as striker you might want to get him now, he like Michu plays in the midfield. Unless we sell him that is.
    Last edited by mirodin; 2012-12-22 at 12:51 PM.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arsenal having a solid 0-0 against wigan, phew!

a somewhat cheap but still obvious penalty later, 0-1!
    Last edited by Larath; 2012-12-22 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew it, the only way we would have scored today was from a penalty. As for the penalty it was soft, but refs always give a penalty for contact from the back in the box, no matter how soft it is.

What the hell is going on with Di Santo? Is the ref on drugs?
    Last edited by mirodin; 2012-12-22 at 02:09 PM.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh well, 3 points, really wish carzola could have been subbed earlier, he looks tired and not playing as well, get in coquelin and push up wilshere offensively or arteta, don't think it would be worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    oh well, 3 points, really wish carzola could have been subbed earlier, he looks tired and not playing as well, get in coquelin and push up wilshere offensively or arteta, don't think it would be worse.
    And with those 3 points we are 3d if only for a couple of more mins . Got to love the PL, 3 wins in a row takes you form mid table to CL place.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

6-2 win for Rangers today away to Elgin in the re-arranged fixture from the other week when they sold too many tickets, the early season away problems seem to be disappearing now & Neil Alexander saved his second penalty of the week today, all in all a decent result for us, 9 points clear of second place with a game in hand, couldn't ask for more than that for Christmas!

Neil Lennon on the other hand still being a cunt, says the Old Firm game will "never be the same" and that he "doesn't miss it" and Rangers are "weakened on & off the pitch", not that I give a toss but ultimately he's just happy because it means he gets less grief - but I get the feeling he'll regret those comments very quickly if the shitebag element of our support get their backs up. (Maybe their social worker's will be sensible and won't read the article to them?)

AAAAND in odd news, the world of Rangers was used in WWE this week where commentator John "Bradshaw" Layfield who plays a bad-guy commentator mocked Drew McIntyre - a Scottish wrestler & known Rangers fan - from commentary over supporting a club which had went bankrupt, BOOOOO HISSS WHAT A PRICK, SMACK HIM WITH A CHAAAAAAIR!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.