Deleted

Help me chose a 670 version.

I decided to get a Geforce GTX 670 because I believe it will get me the most power for the money I can afford to spend. Is there any brand that uses a better fan than the stock cooler? I would get a Twin Frozr but it will add about 25% extra to the price and im not interested in that.

The ZOTAC AMP edition seems very interesting, it uses the same power as GTX 680 but is 15 degrees colder while beating it in performance. What scares me about this card is that they mention a major design error on the card here and if it is present im not sure if I would be able to repair it.

Deleted
    Go for the Asus, no hesitation.

Deleted
    The gigabyte or asus version.

Gigabyte WindforceX3.

Same performance as the Asus, probably a little cheaper depending on the shop you buy it at, only uses two slots so is easier to run in SLI should you decide to a year or two down the line.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-08-12 at 03:58 PM.

Check this one out: http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GV-N6...gabyte+gtx+670

Excellent card. I did get this one when I built my new PC. Nothing to complain about, at all. Very cool, and priced cheaper than most none-reference 670's.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I am on the Gigabyte board here. +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

+1 for Gigabyte, I have it and it is amazing, mine overclocks like a beast as well.

Deleted
    I think I now know which card to get anyways do you think I should wait till the ~20th before buying this card? I dont really need it before GW2 is released and seeing that gtx 660 ti is getting released the 16th, the prices on other cards might go down a bit?

Your call mate! Windforce and DCII are the best non reference cards out there. Can't go wrong with either!

Your call to wait aswell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Your call mate! Windforce and DCII are the best non reference cards out there. Can't go wrong with either!

Your call to wait aswell
    I did decide to go for one of those two, I dont really want to say which one because I dont want people to discuss which one they think is better (lets face it they are very different despite the "same name").

On the subject of waiting, I dont really follow the graphics card market so I have no idea if its worth waiting (we are only talking 7-9 days) and I have no idea if the prices will go down with the release of 660 ti. But if someone had any insigt on this it would be greatly apreciated.

I also want to thank you guys for the suggestions. Its a long time since I was really into computer components and when I saw the asus card on my regular dealers website I thought it was a standard one with a double fan. At the same time they do not sell the gigabyte one so I didnt even see that card at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    I think I now know which card to get anyways do you think I should wait till the ~20th before buying this card? I dont really need it before GW2 is released and seeing that gtx 660 ti is getting released the 16th, the prices on other cards might go down a bit?
    Don't really expect prices to go down on other cards. GTX 660ti will most likely be a really nice card in the $250-300 range. there was one at Bestbuy listed for $300 which was a reference card but Bestbuy is always overpriced so it's like a non-reference would land around the same price I'd say.

As for the GTX 670 I recommend the Windorce x3 from Gigabyte (usually the cheaper of the two) or ASUS DCII. Don't buy the Zotac AMP Edition card it's really not that great.

Gigabyte, great card, barely gets above 50C under load and maxes out everything in GW2 without breaking a sweat.