Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

BF3, Still having FPS spikes. New GPU and New installation of game/windows

A few months ago I was complaining about FPS spikes on BF3 no matter what settings I play on. I did a fresh installation of Windows and removed my sound card back then because some said this could be the problem.

I've since upgraded from a GTX460 to a GTX670 and I did a fresh installation of windows and BF3 but I still have some problems with the game.

I play on Ultra settings with 70-80FPS most of the time and I play on Minimum settings with 140-150FPS most of the time but the game freezes on both and all settings in-between and I have no idea why.

I took some screenshots of the Performance Overlay to show what I mean:

http://imgur.com/BYsgw,dKarR,Ypv6z,b...,AQ3Nv,p8iqz#0

i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz
    4GB RAM
    GTX670
    128GB SSD with windows and BF installed on here

Playing at 1920x1080 on a 23" monitor.

I've ordered 8GB of RAM which will be here on Tuesday to check and see if it's my RAM but my Physical Memory usage never goes above 3.13GB according to my task manager.

Turn off hyperthreading in BIOS and see if that helps... I had "micro stutter" on my i7 until I did that

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    Turn off hyperthreading in BIOS and see if that helps... I had "micro stutter" on my i7 until I did that
    This. Had the same problem as you did until I did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    i5 doesn't have hyperthreading.