Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have never tried, but it's highly likely that I can't

Why did this get necro'd?

And yes, 180lbs is pretty easy.

Yes I can bench beyond my body weight

my arms are weak as hell, i probably wouldnt be able to bench press 1/4th of my weight (no im not a stereotypical fat nerd)

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    i think every "normal" person is able to do this - it's like pullups.
    Not at all. The vast majority of normal people can't bench their bodyweight once.

Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    my arms are weak as hell, i probably wouldnt be able to bench press 1/4th of my weight (no im not a stereotypical fat nerd)
    Then dont bench. Progress with press ups.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    80% Of my weight at the moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    Because fat nerds can't lift? LMAO... You are kidding me. BTW, the stereotype is that nerds are skinny and awkward. Not fat.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I cannot bench 215 lbs.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

I can

Currently my stats are

Body Weight: 205
    Bench: 285
    Dead: 440
    Squat: 355

Goal
    Bench: 300
    Dead: 500
    Squat: 400

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lockstatus View Post
    313.9lbs at 165lbs.Some freak (and I mean that in the best way possible) hit 352.7lbs at same weight class last meet I was at. Totaled over 1200. Someday...maybe
    DAMN 1%er!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

I think they mean the average in shape people can bench their weight. Which is easy for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't bench your own body weight and aren't a scientist, engineer or doctor, you are sans worth.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Do you even lift?

10+ Year Old Account
    6 foot 4, and weigh 280 pounds. Can bench 415; 420 on a good day. I played on my football team (American), and the weightlifting team in high school though, so the coaches kept me in the gym pretty much every weekday. May sound like a lot, but it isnt as much when you consider me weighing 280, so im pretty big.

We had a kid at the 165 weight class in my weightlifting team that was an absolute BEAST! The kid could bench about 380, which is ridiculous for his size. He was a complete gym rat tho, pretty much lived in the gym

It's funny that I see this post now because today my lifting partner and I hit our goal of 'two plates' by benching 195 for three sets of 8-10. We both weigh about 130 so we're quite happy . Still have a month left to go before our self set dead line was so the question is now to sit this weight for a month or try and move forward again.

Quote Originally Posted by Haao View Post
    It's funny that I see this post now because today my lifting partner and I hit our goal of 'two plates' by benching 195 for three sets of 8-10. We both weigh about 130 so we're quite happy . Still have a month left to go before our self set dead line was so the question is now to sit this weight for a month or try and move forward again.
    With barbell lifts the trend is to talk about plates in terms of plates per side. As in, benching two plates refers to an olympic bar (45lb) and two 45lb plates on each side so 225lbs total.

Heck, I can rep my body weight a good 5 times. Then again, I played high school football and still work out regularly. I only weight 200lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Garthor View Post
    Heck, I can rep my body weight a good 5 times. Then again, I played high school football and still work out regularly. I only weight 200lbs
    Al Bundy would like to sit down and talk to you about his 4 touchdowns scored against Polk High.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Weigh 162lb, 205 1RM
    I'm just "short" of being a manlet