Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    You're giving so much shit to a 15 year old kid. Did you have deep-thought out songs when you were 15? Jesus, the haters nowadays stop at absolutely nothing. If you don't like the music, that's fine. But why do you gotta go out of your way to talk so much shit about a kid haha.

i always put it down to jelousy, i dont like his music but nothing against him really. he just does what he enjoys, has more fans and money than any of the haters ever will. good job by him i suppose.

no flame me all you want.
    Signature pending

Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Yay shit replaced shit! Such an amazing day for music! Oh wait i am not even going to call it music. Such a amazing day for shit!.

While stuff like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hsLcqIVRdw only have 12k views
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Yay shit replaced shit! Such an amazing day for music! Oh wait i am not even going to call it music. Such a amazing day for shit!.

I didn't really like it and I can see why it has 12K views. Wow, look different people have different opinions! Shocker!

People need to realize that music = noise.

And everyone likes some type of noise, just because you don't doesn't mean it's shit, put that in your head!
    Last edited by Majad; 2012-11-24 at 09:22 PM.

I think it´s good that JB is dethroned, but Gangnam style isn´t that good either... I mean, it was a nice video at first, but hearing it too often makes it terrible. There´re too few songs which I like forever xD
    Lord protector of the Veal

The difference is Bieber got a 2/3 dislike rate. You just about have to try to fail to get that.

He spread more through infamy, like Rebecca Black.

Ehh, I dislike both, but I still respect PSY more than Bieber, so it's fine. Not that it matters anyways, it's just a number count.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    People need to realize that music = noise.

And everyone likes some type of noise, just because you don't doesn't mean it's shit, put that in your head!
    Well said. I always just put it that I dislike something, rather than say that it's shit and garbage. No need to ruin the fun that others have.

Grats to PSY! Gangnam Style is so much better that Bieber's music. I'm not really into K-pop, but the song was highly entertaining when I watched it in July - and it still is entertaining to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    His live performance's really show that
    Ah, you mean his play back performances? You should see live performances of real artists.

I don't like the song you linked at all. I think it's terrible, but that's the beauty of music. Everyone has different opinions and tastes.

I'm not sure how you can try to validate 'real music' by linking generic indie pop.

Gangam Style has proven to have universal, worldwide appeal. I'm tired of hearing it now, but it's not a particularly bad song.

Most people are forgetting about what the actual video 'brings' - I'm talking about what the singer and everyone is doing in it.

You might think, music is supposed to be music, who cares about what's going on in the video hah, but Gangnam Style actually brought in some elements of comedy at the same time. This doesn't happen every day, which I'm sure has factored into the amount of views it has. Some of the moves/scenes have also gone viral and even iconic (i.e. the horse dance?). I know I was laughing bigtime when I first heard it, and even some of the reaction videos that have been uploaded look hilarious.

So at the end of the day, this kind of song is meant to be the catchy and more unique type imo. In an interview I say, PSY himself even said it's about him trying to express and embracing his city in a way whch tries to fit in with like, dance music. Who would have saw this one coming?
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-11-24 at 11:30 PM.

I'm a little surprised. Both I think get more attention because they're bad or quirky and don't really succeed on merit. I could personally do without both.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I don't like the song you linked at all. I think it's terrible, but that's the beauty of music. Everyone has different opinions and tastes.
    I agree with you. I lasted about 30 seconds into the song he linked, and had to close it. I found it terrible. The dude's voice sounded too whiney to my ears.

Anywho. I am glad Gangnam style has more views than Bieber's crappy Baby song (I honestly thought it was a female singing that). And it only took 4 months, instead of nearly 3 years.

Oh, and pull the stick out of your asses people. It's a satire song. You can tell it wasn't supposed to be serious just by watching the video. Of course, satirical songs seem to be lost on American/European listeners, which usually make up the music snobs. As an aside, I have noticed that it's mostly metal listeners that are the biggest music snobs, as a whole.

NOT ALL MUSIC HAS TO BE SUPER SERIOUS ALL THE DAMN TIME.

Somebody texted in to Radio 1 yesterday and said that they had Gangnam Style as the first dance at their wedding.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'm a little surprised. Both I think get more attention because they're bad or quirky and don't really succeed on merit. I could personally do without both.
    I actually really enjoy Gangnam style....I have no idea why, but I do...It's strange.

Psy has broken at least three records. Most likes (Over three times the number of likes the previous one had) most views, and most views in the shortest amount of time

Love it! At the rate it's acquiring views I think it'll probably stay the most viewed video for quite some time. I do wish more people took the time to see what Psy is all about, listen to some of his other songs maybe, he's not just some goofy guy with a random gimmick song.

That song I just linked is probably my favourite psy song. Gangnam styles alright but definitely not my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I actually really enjoy Gangnam style....I have no idea why, but I do...It's strange.
    It's not strange.

A lot of Kpop music is generally very happy with a lot of electronic music which makes you feel happy, that's how I get when listening to all the Kpop I have.

I actually expected that to be some shitty metal song :P left me surprised it was actually an indie pop song.
    Last edited by Eorayn; 2012-11-25 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I actually expected that to be some shitty metal song :P left me surprised it was actually an indie pop song.
    Nostalgia attack, I used to love everything that Drive-Thru records put out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy