Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Why would you want a fast car if youre keeping it under the speed limit. The only reason people buy fast cars is to drive fast! They should be outlawed since its illegal to drive over the speed limit. People who drive on the Autobahn (which from what I understand got rid of the no speed limit thing a couple years ago) can drive as fast as they are allowed I suppose, but I dont live in Germany
    It isn't just getting a fast car to go faster than the speed limit, some people don't like how long it takes to get up to speed in a slower car. Here in California if you take forever to get up to speed you are likely going to get a lot of people cutting you off. Me personally since I know a lot of the traffic lights on my routes will change in a certain pattern I enjoy using the power in my RX-8 to get me to the next light just before it changes and seeing everyone else miss the light, and that's while staying within ~5mph of the speed limit (and pretty much everywhere cops won't pull you over for only going 5 over).

Also around here while there *is* a speed limit it is almost a suggestion rather than a guideline. The speed limit on all highways in San Diego is 65, but the flow of traffic is usually around 75-85, and I've gone by cops at 85+ without them budging. Pretty sure they're more concerned with the more dangerous people on the road (drunk drivers, people texting/talking on their cell while driving, etc) than some guy who is just going fast.

OT: Dodge Viper, there's just something about those curves that gets me.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    OT: Dodge Viper, there's just something about those curves that gets me.
    Oooh, now that's a man's car.
    /drool.

I understand that some people do not understand why a car isn't just a car thats meant to take someone from point A to point B. To a lot of people, a car is more then just a means of transportation. As I've read on this topic, a lot of people think that cars should get good gas milage, cost reasonably, and are safe. Those are really important and practical reason to buy certain cars. But I don't fall into that. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything crazy, mostly because I can't afford it, but I like having speed and style in a car.

I remember my dad saying a man without a car is like a cowboy without a horse. I've driven my car across the country 3 times, and it's never failed me. Ehh, looks like I've gone off topic.

Here's a car I pass by everytime I go to the beach. I know its EXTREMELY flashy and unnecessary, but seeing it parked outside of the Mclaren dealership...man.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I'd call it jealously...but when I see a BMW 550i Xdrive...I say "yep, that will be mine in the next 5 years."
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Adio View Post
    Here's a car I pass by everytime I go to the beach.

Oh wow. That car is sexy. You wouldn't happen to know how much it costs over there, would you? O.o

Pisses me off that they don't even make this even more.

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

But I do currently drive a 98 neon, and can't wait to find that 2005 model.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love cars of all sorts and there are probably a hundred cars I would want. The only ones that really get my blood pumping when I see them are Skylines R32-R35 (GTR) They are fairly rare to see in the US

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't happen, I'm driving the car I want. 1972 SS 350 Chevelle. ^.^
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Never had that jealousy, to be honest. Growing up my mom drove a BMW (and still does), and the first car she bought me was pretty nice. Not a luxury car, but it wasn't a hunk of junk. I'm lucky, and don't feel any need to wish I had a better car. That's not to say I wouldn't take one if I won it in Vegas or something, but.. meh, I'm happy as is.

If I could pick a free car, I'd likely keep it simple and go with: http://cocik.com/wp-content/uploads/...t-corvette.jpg

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Aston Martin DB9 :O
    Last edited by Pacabra; 2012-08-14 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galloways View Post
    Oh wow. That car is sexy. You wouldn't happen to know how much it costs over there, would you? O.o
    No idea, but every time I see it....

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Doesn't happen, I'm driving the car I want. 1972 SS 350 Chevelle. ^.^
    Awesome car! what color is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently bought myself a 2010 Mustang GT as I've always loved mustangs. The one thing I didn't realize was how limiting having a powerful car on the road can be. I've had it for 1 month and have been pulled over for speeding 3 times. I have to use cruise control at 60 kph (30mph) because I'll unknowingly accelerate to a steady 75 kph because it's a comfortable speed for the car to cruise at.

Main lesson:
    Having a fast car forces you to drive slower than most during normal commuting. (You draw enough attention to yourself as it is driving anything with 400+ HP down the road). A friend of mine has a Lotus as one of her daily cars, she constantly gets passed by mini-vans and can't do anything about it. No one looks at the minivans, but that bright yellow lotus is just asking to be tagged by that speed radar.

I could dart around town like crazy in my Hyundai Accent because no one looked at me. Cops or otherwise. Not so much anymore in the Mustang.

Thankfully, I bought it to take it to the track, so I still get to use the HP in this baby on the weekends.

Realistically: Scion FR-S (saw my first one yesterday, it was as sweet as I thought it would be) or BMW 3 series coupe.

Unrealistically: Nissan GTR, Porsche 911, Aston Martin DB9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vectronis View Post
    Awesome car! what color is it?
    Silver with black rally stripes
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I happen to not give half a frak about cars. When i see a good-looking one, all i think is "well that looks good". I don't get any feeling or will to have it though. Nor have i ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    If Im not mistaking last time I was in Montana the speed limit on open highway was 100. That doesnt really matter though if I want to get from zero to 80 or 100 or whatever fast thats my choice. Or if I want to go on the track and go as fast as I want again my choice. Just becuase you dont like something theres no reason for it to be illegal.
    Its my business when you hit someone in my family at 100 mph and kill them

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    /facepalm

What a fail.

They only have one purpose? So all those hundreds of private tracks in north america are for...what...dirt bikes? Bicycles?

Just because they only have one purpose for you doesn't mean that holds true for everyone else. What an asinine thing to say.
    All those tracks should only be allowing professional racers with years of experience driving cars that shouldnt be allowed on public roads due to their excessive speed

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    It isn't just getting a fast car to go faster than the speed limit, some people don't like how long it takes to get up to speed in a slower car. Here in California if you take forever to get up to speed you are likely going to get a lot of people cutting you off. Me personally since I know a lot of the traffic lights on my routes will change in a certain pattern I enjoy using the power in my RX-8 to get me to the next light just before it changes and seeing everyone else miss the light, and that's while staying within ~5mph of the speed limit (and pretty much everywhere cops won't pull you over for only going 5 over).

Also around here while there *is* a speed limit it is almost a suggestion rather than a guideline. The speed limit on all highways in San Diego is 65, but the flow of traffic is usually around 75-85, and I've gone by cops at 85+ without them budging. Pretty sure they're more concerned with the more dangerous people on the road (drunk drivers, people texting/talking on their cell while driving, etc) than some guy who is just going fast.
    Perhaps if the CHIPs would beef up their ranks and patrol the highways in packs all day every day people would eventually get the hint and slow down. Also San Diego would make lots of money from the speeding idiots paying their tickets and could possibly lower taxes

Deleted
    Any muscle car. One of my neighbours has an oldtimer chevy. In green, my favourite colour. He always parks that car in front of my door...

Out by one of the Goodwills my grandma shops at is a Bentley/Ferrari/Maserati/Lotus dealer, and it's not unusual to see some of those in the GW parking lot.Always get a little jelly when I go there.