Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatarDG View Post
    This show really could make you feel less of a man is if they stood Eric Northman next to you. The dude is a giant and, according to most women I know, some kind of a God. I watch it and I enjoy it, if simply for Jason and how funny he is.... Even if he is a walking disaster.
    hmm i really don't like jason ;<
    I did however like Tara and franklin, they were such a hot couple, though it was in all ways wrong, that made it good!
    i'm sad they killed him off

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen some of the first and second season not a fan especially when ts revealed sokkie is a fking fairy
    that and the southern accents drive me nuts
    game of thrones all the way
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    Seen some of the first and second season not a fan especially when ts revealed sokkie is a fking fairy
    that and the southern accents drive me nuts
    game of thrones all the way
    Might want to add some spoilter marks there for the people who maybe havent seen it all yet?!

Deleted
    I can tell you I HATE what they have done with vampires, made them look like something the teenage generation just HAS to like... Twilight, true blood...
    Blade was perhaps the "last" "bit" where vamps were displayed as something they really should be, maybe a bit too midless as they were getting massacred by 100s.

If you have seen the old even the black and white movies you know what Im talking about. When I was in teen ages I accidentaly watched an old vamp movie, can really remember its name, just bits of scenes, I remember being genuinely afraid, thats why I remember it.. Do you think you would get the same exp by watching sparkling vampires? I dont know.

I really hate what they have done to vamps. As for true blood I dont know, HBO produces one of the best series imo, I like some AMC stuff also, but I dont really like TB too much, no. Somehow it doesnt feel "genuine"

It was decent before. It's becoming worse with every season since the third. Seems like they're going more and more with the books (girl/women fanstorm, fuck).

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 08:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bogster View Post
    Blade was perhaps the "last" "bit" where vamps were displayed as something they really should be, maybe a bit too midless as they were getting massacred by 100s.
    Done to them? Vampires were "beautiful" before they were scary, in literature. Before Nosferatu they didn't really look scary.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2012-08-16 at 07:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Done to them? Vampires were beautiful before they were scary. Before Stoker & Nosferatu they didn't really look scary.
    Yes, thats exactly my point. Masters of deception yet brutal and savage.

Now? Cool guys and girls that ocasionaly sparkle or drink blood from a vial.. err

I know its a twist to their previous form and you cant make movies about vampires again and again with the same concept, but come on

Deleted
    Comparing Twilights vampires with True Blood vampires is a pretty dumb comparison imo. They are nothing like eachother.

Done to them? Vampires were "beautiful" before they were scary, in literature. Before Nosferatu they didn't really look scary.
    My favorite vampire film of all time is Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Watching twilight isn't manly.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Watching twilight isn't manly.
    Very smart comment, congratulations!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Comparing Twilights vampires with True Blood vampires is a pretty dumb comparison imo. They are nothing like eachother.
    So, comparing modern vampires and modern vampires - twilight - TB is dumb? how? They are both modern and both lost the "vampirism"

Dumb?

Should perhaps look into your post first before posting short sighted "blames"?

c'mon its about vampires who cares about vampires ?
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogster View Post
    So, comparing modern vampires and modern vampires - twilight - TB is dumb? how? They are both modern and both lost the "vampirism"

Dumb?

Should perhaps look into your post first before posting short sighted "blames"?
    Well... i think its a dumb comparison when you judge modern vampires based on the kind of vampires in twilight AND true blood since they are Very different.

Why would someone care if the show is manly, I watch plenty of shows that are suppose to be "for women" and I couldn't care less if someone else thought me less manly. Some men are too self conscious of how others think of them. When was the last time you saw a chick not watch a show because its not feminine enough. Just watch what you like and if your friend disagrees let them know your secure enough in you masculinity to watch it, but if it makes him feel uncomfortable seeing naked men then you'll change it.
    Last edited by mahananaka; 2012-08-17 at 04:55 PM.

It was decent before. It's becoming worse with every season since the third. Seems like they're going more and more with the books (girl/women fanstorm, fuck).

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 08:58 AM ----------

I agree that True Blood is becoming worse ever since the third season but I disagree completely that they are going more with the books as someone who reads them. In fact the third season is where they diverted from the books storyline. The books may be more directed towards woman because it's in a first person of view of Sookie Stackhouse but they are also at their core, mysteries novels and there is only one mystery left in True Blood... why do they keep taking it in a direction that fans aren't liking. =/