First Builder with some questions

Hey guys, this is my first time trying to build a computer and I was hoping somebody could answer a few questions that I have.

First off, as far as my build, this is what I have so far:

Mobo: ASRock Z77 Pro4
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 MHz 2X4GB
    HDD: West Digital Caviar Black 1TB
    Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    DVD: Asus 24xDVD-RW SATA
    Monitor: HP 2511x 25-Inch LED
    Case: NZXT Phantom White Full Tower
    PSU: Corsair TX650 V2
    GPU:

As you may have noticed, I have not chosen a GPU yet, which leads me to my first question.

Q1. Is it worth trying out the Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics card that comes integrated on the Intel i5 3570k? I have read that it is actually quite good. Or should I just plop down $300+ for a more high-end graphics card? And if so, which one would you recommend?

Q2. What are the advantages/disadvantages of different motherboards? For example, why is the ASUS Sabertooth Z77 so much more expensive than the ASRock Z77 Pro4? What makes it so much better? (I'm not biased at all, btw, just honestly curious.)

Q3. What are the advantages/disadvantages of different MHz on RAM? For example, the 1600, 1333, and 1033 G.Skill Ripjaws are all similarly priced; so what are the pros/cons of each one? And which one will work better with my build?

Q4. And finally, what do you think of my build overall and as far as compatibility, reliability, and quality of each part and the build overall?

I will appreciate any and all help as I am a complete newbie at this! Thanks guys!

If you want to play games, buy a GPU.

More speed gives you more memory bandwidth, doesn't really give you much performance past 1333 or 1600, so sticking with 1600 is fine.

You might like the ASUS monitors better than that one, as it is somewhat overpriced.