Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I have a friend at work who drinks at least three 2 liter bottles of Diet Mt. Dew during the day, god knows how much he drinks when he gets home/weekends.

He appears to have kidney issues, he goes to the bathroom often, and can't hardly go when he needs to.

Not sure what came first the fucked up kidneys or the soda addiction, but either way he's fucked for life.

Deleted
    If you like drinking soda go ahed! But even if you drink shitloads of soda you still have time left to exercise (probably)

PS. Don't forgett to brush your teeth

Soda is one of the worst, most unhealthy, most useless things you can drink, whether it's a diet version or not.

Stick with:

1) Water
    2) Tea with nothing added
    3) Coffee with nothing added

"I can't really stop drinking it i get real bad if i dont drink any in the day."

Of course you can stop - all of humanity managed to get by without soda for thousands of years, and so can you. Stop buying it when you go to the grocery store and you won't have it around to drink when you're at home.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    There's been the on going debate for years that a cup of coffee a day is good for you. Of course not a cup filled with a ton of sugar and crap.
    ya, i dont doubt that. although i thought it was a glass of wine? =P

just in excess, it can be quite harmful. for instance, when i was working for EA, one of the testers on my team used to drink like 3-5 rockstars a day while at the office, not sure on his intake when @ home, but he ended up getting kidney stones from them & had to learn the hard way what drinking some of these kinds of beverages in excess can do to the body.

I used to drink nothing but soda, until I woke at around 2-3 in the morning and vomited nothing but the soda. Since then it has been water or fat-free milk with the occasional can of soda during a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    ya, i dont doubt that. although i thought it was a glass of wine? =P
    A glass of red wine a day has been said to help with blood pressure and heart disease due to the thinning of the blood that it does.
    A few cups of coffee, no sugar no creamer (and certainly none of that mocha latte crappacino Starbucks garbage either), a day can help your body as well. Don't go drinking 20 cups a day or anything crazy like that though. It's not just the caffeine but something in the coffee beans themselves that helps your body. I'd have to hit Google to find the specifics but it's out there if you look.

OT: Jesus Christ on a stick OP. And to any other teen that's drinking multiple 2Ls a day...where the fuck are your parents, and who taught them how to teach their kids? That's just sad, pathetic and more than a little disgusting that so much ignorance is out there. I'm 34, getting back into a good workout/exercise routine, drink between 64 and 128 oz of water a day to stay hydrated/superhydrated as part of my routine, and have maybe a glass of good ol' A&W on Fridays. I learned my lesson long ago. You would do well to learn yours now before you're in your 20s. Trust me, and trust the others in here. Soda is one of the worst cheap drinks you can have, period.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people drink so much soda when most people know (Or should know) the health implications. I also don't feel sorry for anyone who ends up with health issues when they have a massive sugar intake and then ponder why they end up with no teeth and diabetes, its like a smoker complaining of lung cancer when they have been on 40 a day for 20 years.... people know the risks and refuse to acknowledge them >.>

I don't mean to rant, its just one my peeves

FYI - I drink 1 500ml bottle a week at most, it sits on my desk at work for when I need a sugar hit I have a bottle on my desk right now that has been there since Monday and its still unopened >.>

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    It's true in the sense that something inside the diet soda (a chemical I believe) does something to your stomach where it makes you feel hungry faster after eating which leads to eating more per day.
    The chemical also makes the fat molykules bind better and harder to break down so it's harder to loose weight drinking diet soda. Most people I think are not aware if this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    It's not funny, and I am sympathetic to you because of how serious the condition is, but this did reminded me of the movie "Land of the Lost" where Will Ferrell ate himself into a coma.

PS. Did switching to sugar free soda impact your weight? I've always heard that diet soda makes people gain more weight than regular soda, and am curious if that is true or not.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUo2XW0z218
    I think this would be of interest to you.