A number of questions I have not seen answered elsewhere:

1.) How does the storage work in this game? In GW1 there was a bank you could be a full stack of all mats into along with tabs. Is it somewhat similar? (was just not something I thought to look into in my few short hours of play between bwe3 and one stress test)

2.) To do sPvP must I complete those tutorials and whatnot? got to the island and got bored and queued for WvWvW.

3.) I work a the local community college and am allowed to bring and use my laptop during lulls in people coming to pay tuition. My GW2 will download data (more than wow can) but when I have the launcher open and it tries to log in, it says my school is blocking gw2. Is there any way I might get around this?

danke

Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    1.) How does the storage work in this game? In GW1 there was a bank you could be a full stack of all mats into along with tabs. Is it somewhat similar? (was just not something I thought to look into in my few short hours of play between bwe3 and one stress test)

2.) To do sPvP must I complete those tutorials and whatnot? got to the island and got bored and queued for WvWvW.

3.) I work a the local community college and am allowed to bring and use my laptop during lulls in people coming to pay tuition. My GW2 will download data (more than wow can) but when I have the launcher open and it tries to log in, it says my school is blocking gw2. Is there any way I might get around this?

danke
    1.) Relatively the same system. There is a bank, with a seperate tab for ingrediants, pets, and materials. You can purchase extra tabs for gems (And remember gold = gems.)

2.) Tutorials are there for a reason, but I don't think they are required. I doubt they would require you to do it on every character.

3.) You'd have better luck elsewhere figuring this out. Your school is most likely blocking games. If you can log into WoW, but not GW2 then something must be wrong on your system (a port in your AV more than likely) keep in mind you cannot log into GW2 outside of BWE or the 25th (Assuming you pre-ordered)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia
    Has anything pushed you to the edge of quitting WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreall
    Long Distance relationships and Justin Bieber

Storage is pretty much the exact same as GW2. There's a collectible tab for all of your crafting materials and pets, and then the tab for everything else. Then you can deposit gold into it too.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Storage is pretty much the exact same as GW2. There's a collectible tab for all of your crafting materials and pets, and then the tab for everything else. Then you can deposit gold into it too.
    You also have the PvP locker, which I think is worth mentioning. You'll see them readily if you head into the sPvP area (after the little starter area you end up in first).

Ok about the storage, I heard somewhere you can send items on the fly like you can with the auction house thingy? or do you have to be in a town to deposit?

And I can't log into wow, my wow launcher won't even download data. However my GW2 launcher will get the data and then upon login tell me it's blocked. If I can maybe spoof a port or something but not unless I can figure out what is causing issues that are similar but not the same.

Oh about spvp and WvWvW vendors... is how to purchase schematics in the tutorial that you see at the start of the wvwvw areas? I felt with limited time tutorials were not worth it when experience is the best teacher.(though in this case... a gw2 teacher would be the best teacher. oh come to my gw2 yogi)

Just thought I'd answer #2 for the OP;

Nope! Don't have to do the PVP tutorial. Can simply run up the steps at the back of the tutorial area for the option to skip. So you can get right to the game.

#1 has been answered. #3 I have no idea. Talk to your school I guess.

Ok about the storage, I heard somewhere you can send items on the fly like you can with the auction house thingy? or do you have to be in a town to deposit?
    There is an option at the corner of the backpack that deposits all collectibles/ingredient into your personal storage. Can be anywhere in the world. No walking, porting, mailing or any other action needed.

A large number of crafting materials are considered collectibles, and then I believe mini-pets are also considered collectibles. It's the collectibles that you can send to the bank from anywhere, other things you have to be at a bank to deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalfrisk View Post
    (Assuming you pre-purchased)
    Fixed that for you. We don't want prospective buyers pre-ordering in hopes they get to play on the 25th when they don't.

crafting material each has their own bank-tab which can be opened from banks and (NEW) from crafting stations too. You can send the material you loot in the world instantly to those bank-tabs. (right click on material -> send to bank OR bag-menu -> deposit collectibles to their specific bank-slots)

there are banktabs for minipets and pvp-armor (sPvP only) too

danke
    The tutorials are incredibly simple and can be done in a few minutes. All they are is reviving some dead teamates like 3 I think. And then killing some people in downed state. And then capturing 2 different points. Then you just go to the main sPvP area. After doing this once with one character, all your others will spawn in the main sPvP area.

Only thing I'm uncertain of is if you can just skip those tutorials. But they're so simple and fast and only have to be done on one character, I don't think it's really too much to take maybe 5-10 minutes to do. If that...

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 06:38 AM ----------

Oh about spvp and WvWvW vendors... is how to purchase schematics in the tutorial that you see at the start of the wvwvw areas? I felt with limited time tutorials were not worth it when experience is the best teacher.(though in this case... a gw2 teacher would be the best teacher. oh come to my gw2 yogi)
    Might want to just look at the GW2 Wiki for all these pretty easy to find questions.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blueprint

15+ Year Old Account
    As for the problem with the school: You might circumvent it using special proxies. But that will increase your latency considerably. I'm not sure if GW2 uses proxy settings, but there's special DNS servers that might help with that.

Unique weapons and armor are also considered collectibles and can be transfered to your bank.

Deleted
    1) its pretty much same as gw1, you can evend send collectibles from anywhere!
    2) no trials on the first island are optional, just run across up the stairs and through the portal.
    3) hard to say, the obvious solution is ofc proxies. but you may run into lag issues. it all depends on the config.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Unique weapons and armor are also considered collectibles and can be transfered to your bank.
    I have only seen this for sPvP-gear and sPvP-weapons, do you have a source?
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-08-14 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks for the responses.

For the GW2 wiki I find it's still not intuitively laid out but I'll check again today and skim through it.

About the proxies, I'll look into those. I wouldn't mind being limited from NOT doing pvp at work since my job can pull me away at any second itself so lag while playing pve might not be too bad.

Use a US proxy and u won't have any lag issues

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Use a US proxy and u won't have any lag issues
    all proxies inherently slow down packet speed. It is just the nature of sending additional data. But yeah I know what you mean. (book smarts)

I have never run a proxy so if anyone could send me to a maybe proxydumby101 site I'd be appreciative. (bad with computers)

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wikihow.com/Surf-the-Web-...y-with-Proxies

I'm not sure however how and if GW2 handles proxies. If it doesn't recognise the settings you'd have to change your DNS to a special one that also masks packets.