Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sub a year of Rift, get Storm Legion for free

must be relatively new cause i saw no posts about it neither here no on the rift forums

https://rift.trionworlds.com/product...t_locale=en_US

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Trion. They are a true gaming company.

hmmmz pay to play + buy to play price model combo? Very very interesting approach. Before you start GW2 fans yes the math does add. Buy the box + within a year the math works with DLC's to be identical to the price of this box + one years sub time

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    OP's post and signature seem rather contradictory.

*edit* perhaps Ironic is a better word
    Last edited by Splatter; 2012-08-13 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    hmmmz pay to play + buy to play price model combo? Very very interesting approach. Before you start GW2 fans yes the math does add. Buy the box + within a year the math works with DLC's to be identical to the price of this box + one years sub time
    If we knew the price of the box!

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    OP's post and signature seem rather contradictory
    I thought the exact thing. Made me lulz quite hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    I love Trion. They are a true gaming company.
    More like Gamer company.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

This is quite interesting.

OT: I played Rift in the beginning, even got the early access. I didn't renew my sub after the first month due to lack of friends playing it. I would really like to go back, but not playing with friends get boring real quick.

Deleted
    if trion stopped relasing content for 9 months straight after announcing such a promotion like blizzard did, then yeah, it would be contradictory but i don't see that happening

So Blizzard does Annual Pass and people throw up their hands and start screaming about how WoW is failing and Blizzard is only doing this to retain their customers for a year. Trion does it and they're a "True gaming company?"

Christ, lol.

Perhaps the reality is that this type of system works, and people like it. And regardless of the company doing it, its a smart move to make. You can thank Blizzard for showing Trion that this is a good idea.

EDIT:

if trion stopped relasing content for 9 months straight after announcing such a promotion like blizzard did, then yeah, it would be contradictory but i don't see that happening
    Really? Really? LOL! You Blizzard haters are hilarious and obvious.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-08-13 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    You forgot to add this promotion started today and SL is "planned" for fall release at the latest that is 3 months away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Isn't this identical to WoW's "hated" Annual Pass program?

I no longer have an account with Trion, so I can't go looking at what you have linked

Nifty to see other companies doing things like this. ^_^

Not quite you're actually paying for your sub up front for the entire year.

Here's a link you can see:

http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/

Deleted
    So Blizzard does Annual Pass and people throw up their hands and start screaming about how WoW is failing and Blizzard is only doing this to retain their customers for a year. Trion does it and they're a "True gaming company?"
    They're completely different, try reading about it first.

What's so funny? The whole annual pass idea was to keep their subs "steady" over the content drought, look at it any way you like, they knew exactly what they were doing and that they were going to suffer huge sub losses unless they did something.

Essentially Blizzard dropped the Annual pass roughly 9 months before the expansion launches and GUARANTEES BETA ACCESS, but you still have to buy the box. By the time the expansion launches you get roughly 4 months left before you have to renew + price of box

Trions approach is to drop this roughly 3-4 before the expansion launches(total guess, but expect a date this week). The deal includes the box price plus the BETA will be on the pts, so you get access anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You forgot to add this promotion started today and SL is "planned" for fall release at the latest that is 3 months away.
    and 1.10 is also scheduled within the next month or two.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Not quite you're actually paying for your sub up front for the entire year.

Here's a link you can see:

http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/
    People could have done that in WoW too if they paid for yearly. I still don't see a difference.

Hell I'll go even further and say the AP was better imo. I didn't have to pay a full year upfront for blizzard. I only had to stay subscribed like I planned anyways.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-08-14 at 12:02 AM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPhillip View Post
    They're completely different, try reading about it first.

What's so funny? The whole annual pass idea was to keep their subs "steady" over the content drought, look at it any way you like, they knew exactly what they were doing and that they were going to suffer huge sub losses unless they did something.
    It's the same thing. How do you know that trion will keep releasing content in same speed as they are now? I respect Trion very much for the job they have done, but there is never a 100% guarantee that they will keep the same pace content wise.

You also for some reason say that the ONLY reason blizzard did annuall pass was to save numbers on subs, and not in fact give they're customers a VERY good deal.

It really is the same deal, no matter what. You want to pay for 1 year sub? Ok cool, here is 1 expansion pack for free(or in blizzards case Diablo 3).
    Last edited by CrusaderNerò87; 2012-08-14 at 12:03 AM.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Christ, lol.

Perhaps the reality is that this type of system works, and people like it. And regardless of the company doing it, its a smart move to make. You can thank Blizzard for showing Trion that this is a good idea.

EDIT:

blizzard made the annual pass in order not to bleed subs in the period untill the expension launch

trion will launch new expension in around 3 months

trion release new patches each 1.5 months

Patch 1.0- Planes of Telara
    Release Date: February 24, 2011
    Patch 1.1- River of Souls
    Release Date: March 30, 2011
    Patch 1.2- Spoils of War
    Release Date: May 10, 2011
    Patch 1.3- Waves of Madness
    Release Date: June 22, 2011
    Patch 1.4- Legacy of the Fallen
    Release Date: August 3, 2011
    Patch 1.5- Ashes of History
    Release Date: September 28, 2011
    Patch 1.6- From the Embers
    Release Date: November 16, 2011
    Patch 1.7- Carnival of the Ascended
    Release Date: February 2, 2012
    Patch 1.8 - Infernal Dawn
    Release Date: April 18, 2012
    Patch 1.9 - Conquest
    Release Date: June 27, 2012

and next patch should be just before the expension

Patch 1.10 - Before the Storm
    Release Date: September 19, 2012
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    If trion are so confident with the quality of stormlegion why do they need to give it away for free with a 12 month garanteed sub which traps people in the game legally? Surely the quality and content of the game would provide a reason to keep playing. No one gives away free games for nothing.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    irrelevant information
    Say what you want the deal is the same. Stay subbed to our game and get this free.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.