Thread: Sleeping Dogs

Deleted

Sleeping Dogs

Released today in the US couldn't see a thread for it, i apologise if there is one...

Not out here until Friday, anyone grabbing it today and letting us know how it is?

the reviews coming through are positive and this game has really gone under the radar.

Had to choose between either Darksiders 2 or Sleeping Dogs, and I've been waiting for Darksiders 2 a lot longer, so unfortunately I'm going to have to wait a while on this with classes coming up next week (damn textbooks are so expensive). However, I think that the gameplay looks amazing, and I'm really interested to try out the combat. It looks incredibly versatile.

Been playing it all morning (waiting to play DS2 tonight) and it is great.

It's like Stranglehold and GTA combined. The combat is similar to the Arkham games so it feels fluid and fun. The driving handles wonderfully and I love the cop/triad system during missions because it really makes you cautious or careless of your playing style.

Voice acting is tight, graphics are striking and the vastness of the city is amazing at times. It pushes my 570s which is surprising. I've tried both the xbox controller and the keyboard. They both work fine. The controller obviously handles a little sharper but the keyboard/mouse is fine.

I'm having a blast. Definitely worth the 45 bucks seeing that I'll get my monies worth for sure.

Edit - The radio stations in vehicles are utterly perfect.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2012-08-14 at 03:23 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered this game since I really like any media involving triad/undercover cop stories. So far, it feels and plays like GTA, except the location is in HK. The voice acting I have to say kind of makes me laugh because the majority of the Cantonese used sounds off...the pronunciation of a lot of the words just doesn't sound right and it's kind of odd how 90% of the Cantonese used is for curse words only :P

Other than that, it's really fun. I have to find a xbox controller to try and play with, at least for the driving.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's surprisingly good at the moment, granted it's a single player only game, not sure if they'll add more, but there is alot to do, it's not as over the top as Saints Row, but it's really good, the story is pretty good, too. So far, my 60 dollars was not wasted.

The deeper I get into the game, the more fun I have.

It's extremely similar to GTA to the point of laughter if that type of thing makes you laugh. BUT, it's also a lot of other games combined. It's got a bit of Need for Speed, a dash of True Crime, a little Stranglehold and the combat of Arkham Asylum/City.

To me the more I unlock and the farther I get into the story the more fun I have and honestly, I'm not a sandbox fan (due to my completion OCD).

karaoke made me laugh so hard. No matter how many times I've tried to start DS2, I end up launching Sleeping Dogs instead. It's just so good. It's been worth my 44 dollars since release.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    a dash of True Crime

It is True Crime. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Yep,it was a true crime game before Activision gutted it.Then square enix purchased and took over and help united front change it into Sleeping dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Well that explains a lot. Regardless, it's a game worth it's cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone likes a good Cock fight.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!