Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    What you expressed is the exact reason we should keep the thread open and discuss. So many differing opinions, morals, laws, cultures, experiences, etc etc.

You would prefer to have a thread where we all just say "I agree!" "So do I!!" "Yes, that is agreeable!"
    There wasn't much discussion in the thread, a couple of people calling other people disgusting and throwing insults because they don't agree is not discussion, the thread only chilled out when a few people came along who agreed with said members opinions and the "disgusting" people stopped posting.

It's not a discussion if you can't have an opinion without being insulted by the self-rightous moral highgrounders.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    There wasn't much discussion in the thread, a couple of people calling other people disgusting and throwing insults because they don't agree is not discussion, the thread only chilled out when a few people came along who agreed with said members opinions and the "disgusting" people stopped posting.

It's not a discussion if you can't have an opinion without being insulted by the self-rightous moral highgrounders.
    I see no moral high ground in suggesting that having sex with a minor is not wrong. It quite clearly is. The term "jailbait" exists for a reason, just because they look good, just because you can, doesn't mean you should - but if you must, be prepared to go to jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Society is full of double standards, what's new here?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodclot View Post
    I have to say before I post probably wall of text, I also only read the start of the thread so excuse me if I missed anything.

Most of the people posting here are trying to discuss this as social issue and not on a case by case basis. Which isn't very helpful as you first have to figure out what exactly it is you find wrong or right about this to even contemplate what parts are social issues, and which are specific to this one.

I actually have a story similar to this, and I find it quite alarming to read a lot of the posters thoughts on something like this, and how they are just dismissing everything beyond the point of "o well the kid was male so he clearly wanted the sex"

When I was 16 going on 17 I had a female tutor who gave me private maths lessons. At first obviously everything was normal and all that, although she was I would say in her late twenties I thought she was pretty attractive at the time. After a while she began to flirt with me and would do small things like touch my arm. I was obviously pretty flattered and couldn't believe my luck. So lets just say after a while the sessions involved no math at all, I was even going to see her in my spare time.

I would say after a short period of this my parents noticed I was still abysmal at math and confronted me about my lack of improvement. I felt quite bad that I had betrayed their trust, and I really had alot of conflicting feelings about wtf I was doing and whether it was right or wrong. As pretty much no one (I saw) pointed out. Having a relationship with someone your own age when in your teens, and someone nearly ten years your senior are completely different. I think even some people in their twenties aren't equipped for that not a mind a 17 year old (not everyone of course). I couldn't talk to anyone about it because I was petrified that I had done something wrong, or that my parents would find out.

In the end I confronted her about this, and told her that I really didn't think I could do it anymore in the most earnest way possible. She basically told me that if I stopped or told anyone she would say I raped her. She told me that she would kill herself and that my parents would disown me. For the next month or so she manipulated me and made my life torture. I was on the verge of suicide, and suffered from severe depression for 5 years afterwards. in the end she had to stop as even a call from her sent me into a panic and a breakdown over what she might say or do next. All through this she would switch personalities in the blink of an eye to try and trick me or to get what she wanted. She would say the most horrible shit anyone has ever said to me, and which still resonates with me to this day.The worst part is I was so fucked up I would try and get comfort from her, as she knew I had no one else to turn to. I was basically her toy and when I was broken she just threw me away, knowing there was pretty much no way she would ever have to face any charges for what she did because I was of legal age.

To this day I can not trust women. I'm in two year relationship with the most kind and loving girl I have ever met, and I can not bring myself to fully trust her. From when I was 18 to 19 I hooked with more women than I can count, for whatever fucked up reason I was trying to fix what had happened. Even though I've overcome depression and I do lead an amazing life now, that will stay with me for the remainder of it. I know some white knight ass hat is gonna come here and say its wrong for me to not trust women because of one women's actions, but seriously get over yourself.

Women can be just as evil and cunning as men, just because they aren't as physically strong does not mean they can't fuck your life up. It really sickens me to see so many people get off with such mild sentences for stuff like this. Knowing what I experienced over such a short time frame in comparison to that kid, I can only imagine how fucked up he is, and what she must have said to him for him to stay silent that long. When it comes to stuff like this you can't just ignore what went on behind the news coverage. I know there are plenty of people out there who have had it worse than I have, this guy being one and it is insulting to see " well it isn't the same as man raping a girl". This CHILD was not mentally fit to make decisions for himself, that ADULT knew what she was doing and is fucked up, she needs to be put away for good, or somewhere away from people so she can't harm anyone again.

As a social issue, I'm not going to compare this to rape, or get in to the details about what is wrong with giving more lenient sentences to women. All I'm going to say is women in the western world right now are up on a pedestal, and when shit like this happens that position does not help when giving out correct sentences. I think we need to re evaluate things so its fairer for men and women, because I think this is just an example of sexism towards women that harms men more so, not like work place discrimination or other types (if you get what I mean).

Anyway I hope that wasn't too incoherent, just a note to trolls I'll just ignore you so save yourself the time
    Did this get ignored? Guess it flew in the face of many opinions
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-08-18 at 05:24 AM.