AMD phemom II x4 965
    Radeon 7850M
    Mushkin Redline 8GB DDR3 1600
    Gigabyte 90fxa ud3
    1tb western digital caviar black HDD
    Cooler master 212 EVO
    CIT vantage 4 fans push pull config
    750w corsair psu

And I was hoping to at least to be able to safely OC it to 3.8-4.0Ghz without much trouble. Although I am quite new to overclocking I have read numerous guides and spent ages today trying to get it working well but I cant seem to get good temps with different setups of values between NB, HT, freq, voltage and the multiplier. best value I got was leaving everything on auto and putting the multiplier on x19.5 where it was 4.05Ghz at 59c after 30minutes of prime95 (didn't have time to run 5 tests of 6 prime95). after finding out 62c was the max temp a Deneb II x4 965 could go i was dismayed that it was so high after only 30minutes and continuing to climb, so I bailed in fear of blowing the thing and out of frustration. So I was wondering if anyoine had any working setups using the 965 on a 990fxa board that work for them and were stable at reasonable temp as I have currently failed at it

Cheers

Have you tried re-seating the heatsink and replacing the thermal paste?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Yes, I just tried that now and ran some tests and the temps are a little lower but insignificant, will buying a better thermal paste be better? I used the one that came with the cooler and did a large ish dot in the middle of the cpu...