So to continue the fairly mature conversation from where I left off not actually breaking any rules of the forums and some idiot mod closing the thread because he/she was prolly butthurt (yeah ban me see if I care =) )

Yeah ok you do have some fair points, but I also think that most of this stuff can be added with mods (disregarding consoles here). I think what they tried to do in skyrim was have the main quests be shorter but have more side quests (there are quite a few in the collage). The removal of the requirement to actually have to be skilled at magic/fighting for the respective guilds was called for when magic was barely playable (Morrowind magic was horrible, hated it with a passion specially since I played on console) but given the upgraded combat system I think it would have been a pretty welcome return for skyrim, so that much I will agree on.

I think the RPG elements were made better but following the principals of the wrong idea of what fans actually wanted. I'm basing my opinion on the idea that bethesta had rather then what I wanted basically what I want is Morrowind with voice acting, the new combat system and the skill system. Although I did find the dungeons having stories I found most of them to be ultimately pointless and I think they could have spent that time doing other stuff. but on the whole the dungeon stories are impressive work, they are just pointless work.

I cant argue with you because you are right, morrowind is/was better for it's RPG elements but when I do go back and play it these days the combat system kills it for me. For me it's that and only that makes me say that skyrim shits all over it's predecessors, for me it just makes the whole experience that much more fun and I can overlook a lot of stuff just because that combat system is there. Bring that combat system into morrowind and ok, morrowind is 500% better.