Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So, going back to SEF (cuz I like it so much), a list of fights that come to mind where it might b useful (assuming proper management of your spirits) would be: MSV dogs, MSV Will, and maybe Blade Lord in HoF and Council in ToT? Any others? Kinda sounds like most people here are of the opinion to just not use it at all.

Huh? Horridon, Council, potentially Tortos (bat AOE, leave clone on boss and hit turtles), Ji-kun (aoe), Durumu (hit boss, clone on mistlurkers), Dark Animus (at the start), Twin Consorts (dusk phase), potentially Lei Shen (AOE). One or two are a bit paddy, am I missing something?

Ok, I've got Rune of Origination to drop, am I right to push my mastery slightly ahead of my haste and wait for trinket to proc to use TEB. Is that the only part of my playstyle that should change?

And should I only use TEB at 10 stacks? or lower if trinket procs and is gonna fall off?
    Last edited by Jaja; 2013-03-19 at 12:21 AM.

Ji-Kun adds die too fast for it to be a dps increase.
    Tortos/Lei Shen - It's probably more efficient to just keep targeting the boss yourself while you spinning crane kick, also adds die relatively fast so again no dps increase from SEF.

I can't believe no body has mentioned this but SEF is amazing on Garalon.
    You kill the legs with the 100% buff while your spirit does 100% more dmg to the body. I end up doing 15-20M more then anyone else.

Blademaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    I can't believe no body has mentioned this but SEF is amazing on Garalon.
    You kill the legs with the 100% buff while your spirit does 100% more dmg to the body. I end up doing 15-20M more then anyone else.
    Because Garalon isn't current content and nobody really cares about bosses that can be easily killed now.

The only encounter where I really feel like SEF is useful is Twin Consorts, frankly. It's okay on Horridon but tends to die, and also okay on Council, but unfortunately on both bosses it reduces your single target when there are times where you really need to burst something. It's fine if your guild doesn't mind you doing reduced damage on the key DPS target for an overall increase, but if you're having any trouble killing whatever needs to die, you probably shouldn't have a clone on the boss or whatever. Definitely has its place on farm but meh on progression. I think it's worthless on Jinrokh, Tortos, Maegara, Ji-kun, Durumu, Primordius, Animus and Lei Shen.

It is genuinely good on Consorts for the final phase though, aside from when the second target goes immune. Probably still an effective DPS gain to throw the clone out and pull it back during the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Malanoma View Post
    Because Garalon isn't current content and nobody really cares about bosses that can be easily killed now.
    Garalon IS current content for many guilds. It may not be Progression content for top tier raiders, but it is still current for the majority of players.

Stuff from Cataclysm is stuff that isn't current content for anyone anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    The only encounter where I really feel like SEF is useful is Twin Consorts, frankly. It's okay on Horridon but tends to die, and also okay on Council, but unfortunately on both bosses it reduces your single target when there are times where you really need to burst something. It's fine if your guild doesn't mind you doing reduced damage on the key DPS target for an overall increase, but if you're having any trouble killing whatever needs to die, you probably shouldn't have a clone on the boss or whatever. Definitely has its place on farm but meh on progression. I think it's worthless on Jinrokh, Tortos, Maegara, Ji-kun, Durumu, Primordius, Animus and Lei Shen.

It is genuinely good on Consorts for the final phase though, aside from when the second target goes immune. Probably still an effective DPS gain to throw the clone out and pull it back during the cast.
    Horridon has some use, but I tend not to put one on the boss. On gate 2, I am assigned interrupt duty on the third venom priest add to jump down. Because movement on the fight was causing issues with being in range of the target for a focus interrupt macro, I found it easier to just put a clone on the kill target and burn my interrupt target. On gate four, I am in charge of controlling flame casters. Again, I put a clone on the bear shamans and focus the flame casters as they come out. This avoids most of the crap with Horridon gibbing my clones and simplifies the fight for the raid somewhat.

I'll likely never be doing the fight as WW again because our raid dps goes up significantly when I tank and our DK does damage, but the opportunity is still there for SE&F to be valuable on the fight. Just don't put a clone on the boss.

Quick luxury question:
    Wu-Lai, Bladed Fan of the Consorts(N) with Claws of Shek'zeer(N) [4 Gemslots, one of them with the 500 gem, more Dancing Steel] VS. Shan-Dun, Breaker of Hope(N Thunderforged) [2 Gemslots and way more mainhand dps]

WoWhead Comparesheet

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by feinyr View Post
    quick luxury question:
    wu-lai, bladed fan of the consorts(n) with claws of shek'zeer(n) [4 gemslots, one of them with the 500 gem, more dancing steel] vs. shan-dun, breaker of hope(n thunderforged) [2 gemslots and way more mainhand dps]

wowhead comparesheet

what do you think?
    2h. 528 > 522 + 496.

The general rule is, if your mh and oh are the same ilvl, the 2h needs to be more than 10 ilvls higher to be an upgrade.
    For every 3 ilvl your oh is below your mh, substract 1 from your mh. So 522-496 = 26 = 9 levels substracted = 513. 500agi gem adds 3 ilvl. = 516.
    So the total is 528 2h vs 516 = bigger than 10 ilvl diff = use the 2h.
    Last edited by Mihir; 2013-03-19 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks a lot guys!

In other news, yay thunderforged RoR from coin!

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    *Shakes fist* damn you and your dirty little luck.

I got an RoR too Mihir! Was super pumped when it dropped. What trinket should I pair with it, the sahdo-pan assault one, or the bottle? Bottle might have a higher chance of having its buff during the increased dmg% but shado-pan has a higher trinket ranking. Your suggestions?
    Host of Monkcraft Podcast and Co-Host of Groupquest

For me it's gonna be the bottle for now, as I got way too much hit/exp rating already. Using the talisman would put me at like 10% hit after reforging...

I really like the high uptime of the bottle as well, makes it much more likely to have them proc at the same time.

Dreadlord
    Lucky man. I still have to save my DKP since the druid in my guild wants it so badly and it hasnt dropped yet :/

Am I mistaken in thinking that if 1 amazing DPS is with 5 crappy DPS, their DPS will look crappier as a result, because stuff will die slower, and bloodlust will make up a smaller portion of the timetable for the fight, but if all 6 DPS are amazing, everyone's DPS looks even higher, because bloodlust makes up a larger portion of the timetable for the fight?

For me it's gonna be the bottle for now, as I got way too much hit/exp rating already. Using the talisman would put me at like 10% hit after reforging...

I really like the high uptime of the bottle as well, makes it much more likely to have them proc at the same time.
    So what does this mean for your reforging. I noticed you dropped roughly 2k mastery, But I assume that was from the loss of Bad Juju? Are you just going to try to now allow your crit and haste levels to even out to just below your mastery?