stockpiling inks?

I've read some folks are farming herbs now and starting to stockpile massive amounts of ink. Ink of all levels. I'm guessing they want to sell when 5.04 or MoP hits. Is this a good way to make gold? Any other advice or strategies you suggest? Should I make new 5.0.4 glyphs and sell those?

The thing about all of the new glyphs in MoP is that most of them are the old glyphs with new names and new function

For Example: Shaman Glyph of Lava Burst
    is not the Shaman Glyph of Spirit Walk

totally different name and function, but it has the same ItemID, so if you knew Glyph of Lava Burst, you already know Glyph of Spirit Walk

So most players will already know all the new glyphs, if they knew all the old ones that won't be in game anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    To add to jedijesse who is exactly right, the reason most people are stockpiling Inks and not glyphs are so in case a glyph is completely removed from the game, you don't have a stack of unusable glyphs when you could have had the Inks used to make them instead.

Deleted
    Those who stock up on inks do so because the ink vendor will most likely not accept Blackfallow ink after the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    To add to jedijesse who is exactly right, the reason most people are stockpiling Inks and not glyphs are so in case a glyph is completely removed from the game, you don't have a stack of unusable glyphs when you could have had the Inks used to make them instead.
    It is common knowledge what glyphs are being removed.

The stockpile is because we won't be able to trade in blackfallow after 5.0, and to see us through the inevitable mats price increases that will occur at the start of MOP.