Deleted

Leveling 86-90 in BG's : would this plan work

Would this plan work?

to level 86-90 in BG's. The main question is if i can buy level 90 pvp items for honor (while i'm 85-89) to make use of the honor got in BG's

It's tempting to do all quests for more money while avoiding the overcrowded new area on the heavy population server im on.

Just cap both your justice and honor prior to mop coming out. You'll end up with 4k in both and if you are smart and also complete the old Wrath honor quests and kill the lk dungeon and the weekly raid you should start off with about 3-4 pieces of gear. That's what I'm doi but for pve rather.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 07:18 PM ----------

Oh and don't forget the tb weekly and the winter grasp dailies
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure you're not able to buy the lvl 90 PvP gear before you're lvl 90 since in Cataclysm we can't do that either (buy lvl 85 pvp gear at lower lvls I mean).

I'm also not sure if you're able to do BGs because most people will probably be levelling in the new lvling areas. But if you are, you'll have to get some of the mop gear first. Eventually there will also be too many people with higher mop and the new lvl 87(88?) unless you manage to lvl to 87 soon enough...

TL;DR:
    It's possible at the start of the expansion, but eventually people will have better gear/abilities than you making it impossible to enjoy BGs xD

Deleted
    Don't think that you will be able to buy 90 gear if you are not 90, just like you can't buy 85 gear if you are below that now, so like the above poster said once your currencies are capped it comes down to what do you prefer doing because no more gear will be able earned that way.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Just cap both your justice and honor prior to mop coming out.
    You can't do that, Blizzard is going to reset at some point. They always do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandush View Post
    head cut off? just a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    What do you mean? They will stop you stocking up in honor and justice points? Not really since I did that for cata and also with dailies. Why would they even bother? The net gain is petty compared to running a heroic or 2
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.

Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    Would this plan work?

to level 86-90 in BG's. The main question is if i can buy level 90 pvp items for honor (while i'm 85-89) to make use of the honor got in BG's

It's tempting to do all quests for more money while avoiding the overcrowded new area on the heavy population server im on.
    You can't buy level 90 items until you are level 90 (just like in Live). This is to prevent people from stocking up like that while leveling and getting gear that won't benefit them until 90. Since sometimes it's easier to farm gear constantly lower than at the correct level. Something along those lines is what have been mentioned in the past.

Leveling BG's 85-90 is very much possible, however, it will be very very slow and you'd be better off questing/dungeoning. Right now it's taking me almost the entire zone to hit each level and that's at about 185-219k xp per quest and from the one time I PvP'ed you don't get anywhere near that amount for the objectives.

What do you mean? They will stop you stocking up in honor and justice points? Not really since I did that for cata and also with dailies. Why would they even bother? The net gain is petty compared to running a heroic or 2

All they are doing is from 8/28 - 9/25 is you will be able to stock up on Honor/Justice Points past the 4k cap. When the expansion launches it will be capped at 4k and anything about that will be converted to money. So basically you can stock up 4k Justice Points and 4k Honor for when you hit 90 and nothing more than that.

It'll only work if you're constantly buying new gear off the AH as you level, or else you'll be useless, but at the start of MoP even greens will cost 1k+ a piece...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You can't buy level 90 items until you are level 90 (just like in Live). This is to prevent people from stocking up like that while leveling and getting gear that won't benefit them until 90. Since sometimes it's easier to farm gear constantly lower than at the correct level. Something along those lines is what have been mentioned in the past.

Leveling BG's 85-90 is very much possible, however, it will be very very slow and you'd be better off questing/dungeoning. Right now it's taking me almost the entire zone to hit each level and that's at about 185-219k xp per quest and from the one time I PvP'ed you don't get anywhere near that amount for the objectives.

All they are doing is from 8/28 - 9/25 is you will be able to stock up on Honor/Justice Points past the 4k cap. When the expansion launches it will be capped at 4k and anything about that will be converted to money. So basically you can stock up 4k Justice Points and 4k Honor for when you hit 90 and nothing more than that.
    What you actually do is leave the quests in your log. Get to the cap, since the average amount of quests when leveling is one zone is about 5, and then buy some gear to get below the 4k cap and then hand the buggers in.

How to win:

1) Do quests and level to 90
    2) ???
    3) Profit

Deleted
    On beta the experience gained from battlegrounds is very very small, even when you do win, plus there will be que times, so you will probably have to quest some, just weave battlegrounds into yr questing grind for a break, that's what gets me through. You also cannot buy the level 90 items before you are level 90, and like others have said the justice points will be converted into honor points before MoP hits, so stocking up now wont be that much help

So with no reset and a cap at 4k, you could just grind out the 4k now, then quest up to 90 to make it faster then BGing the whole way... and be in the exact same spot as you would if you did nothing now and BGed all the way to 90. The difference will be that questing/5mans will be MUCH faster, not to mention it will just be all the same BGs since the new ones right now require lvl 90 to join (of course this could always change before launch)
    Last edited by Croz730; 2012-08-16 at 07:16 PM.

See how close after MoP launch AV weekend is. Then transfer to Alliance, win 99% of the time, rack up enough Honor to buy half a set of the new set and also hit 90. Just trade honor for JPs unless they changed that and cap both.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-16 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    they didn't on Cata release i hit 85 with 4k on each and got geared nice and fast!

Just cap both your justice and honor prior to mop coming out. You'll end up with 4k in both and if you are smart and also complete the old Wrath honor quests and kill the lk dungeon and the weekly raid you should start off with about 3-4 pieces of gear. That's what I'm doi but for pve rather.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 07:18 PM ----------

Oh and don't forget the tb weekly and the winter grasp dailies
    Both the JP and HP will be reset (converted into gold) when MoP releases if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately you also cannot buy max level PvP gear with honor before reaching said max level. That deeply saddens me as I had leveled most of my alts through BG's and if that rule wasn't made they'd all have been fully geared by 80, lol. My pally got the 10k HK achievement somewhere in the mid 70's.
    Last edited by Tampwn; 2012-08-16 at 09:34 PM.
    CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.4 Ghz l Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 l MB: Asrock Z77 Xtreme4 l Memory: 8GB Gskill Ripjaws X l GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 l SSD: Crucial M4 256 GB l HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black l PSU: Corsair HX850 l Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower l
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    i'm going to report you for trolling. you don't have the right to disagree with my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampwn View Post
    Both the JP and HP will be reset (converted into gold) when MoP releases if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately you also cannot buy max level PvP gear with honor before reaching said max level. That deeply saddens me as I had leveled most of my alts through BG's and if that rule wasn't made they'd all have been fully geared by 80, lol. My pally got the 10k HK achievement somewhere in the mid 70's.
    I think the blue said honor over the cap will be converted into gold, but you can keep up to 4k honor, conquest will be converted to honor but anything that spills over 4k turns to gold